Who do you want starting at QB for now?

Ace Nova

Who do you want starting for now?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want starting for now?

• Jalen Hurts
    • Carson Wentz

Hurts....

Not because I don't believe in Wentz.  I just need a different QB to run the offense to see if there is any differences, runs smoother, runs worse, does the commitment to the run game change, etc. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hurts for now absolutely.

Not given up on Wentz, but there is no point in rolling him out game after game right now.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Hurts....

Not because I don't believe in Wentz.  I just need a different QB to run the offense to see if there is any differences, runs smoother, runs worse, does the commitment to the run game change, etc. 

This.

Hurts and it really isn't a hard decision. 

We've seen enough from Wentz this year to know that he's not going to turn it around at this point. Can he in the off season? We shall see I guess. I have my doubts but he could. 

This has to be Hurts team for the rest of the year. We gain nothing from playing Wentz and we need to ascertain what we have in Hurts so there's really no decision to be made here. 

• Like 1

There are good arguments to be made for both players, if you keep Wentz in the sheet show will likely continue leading to better draft picks, if you keep Hurts in you may find he's the Sooners QB and not the 'Bama QB, but now you have middle of the pack draft picks. 

With the way our oline is and how long it takes for our WRs to get open... Hurts.

But really, whoever gives us the best chance to land Ja'mar Chase.

• Like 1

Hurts. Wentz has to learn there’s accountability for awful play, and the Eagles need to find out what Hurts can do. Really tough spot for the kid, But I’m pulling for him ..

• Like 2

Need to see whether or not Hurts is our QB of the future, if not we need to draft one with our high pick this year. Playing Wentz is a waste of time, he's finished here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Runtherock said:

Hurts. Wentz has to learn there’s accountability for awful play, and the Eagles need to find out what Hurts can do. Really tough spot for the kid, But I’m pulling for him ..

There are at least 15 other guys on this team that haven't been benched this season for their play. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

There are at least 15 other guys on this team that haven't been benched this season for their play. 

Jason Peters is definitely one.  Love the guy but if Wentz is benched then he should be as well.

44 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Jason Peters is definitely one.  Love the guy but if Wentz is benched then he should be as well.

Peters has fallen off a cliff this year. He just can't do the job he used to be able to do. I know he wants to keep playing as long as he can, but when he evaluates his performance (and other teams looking for OL help will do the same) after this season, retirement is the only conclusion. He put together a couple nice games this year, but whether it's the injuries or age (or both), he hasn't done Wentz any favors allowing 13 sacks or whatever it is now. 

Hurts. Open competition next season may the best man win. Like Vick v Foles all over again. Dont care what carsons done seasons ago or what hes making. I want someone who gives us the best shot to get Ws.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EagleMatt said:

Hurts. Open competition next season may the best man win. Like Vick v Foles all over again. Dont care what carsons done seasons ago or what hes making. I want someone who gives us the best shot to get Ws.

I'd agree with that. If the plan is to keep Carson to try and turn him around then I think you then have to go in to the off season ready for a fair QB competition. 

5 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

This. Get a good look at Hurts for these last four games and see what kind of potential he has going forward. 

If he looks decent but not great, then you go into camp with a fair QB competition next season. Whoever wins the job starts, period. 

If, and this is less likely, he absolutely plays fantastic out there and looks legit, then you have to seriously consider trying to trade Wentz and going with Hurts next year. I’ve been saying all year that Indy would likely be interest with Reich there to coach him. 

Roll Hurts the rest of the season, we aren't winning anything anyway. Let Wentz sit and reflect, then work on his game in the off-season and come back next year and hopefully make this the only awful season he ever has.

If this had happened earlier in the season, when it should have, I would have said one game was enough for wentz to sit and learn his lesson. But since they waited until the end of the season, might as well just sit him the rest of the way. 

I think watching from the sidelines will do wentz a lot of good. It's too bad they didn't do it earlier and maybe he could have figured something out. Not a complete turnaround but not playing like complete dog crap every single game either.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, downundermike said:

Hurts, to prove that this organization is dysfunctional top to bottom, and it is not all on one player, as Jason Kelce made quite clear today.

Literally nobody believes that starting Hurts solves all the problems. there are threads about various levels of cleaning house that Lurie needs to do all over the board, it's just that a lot of us believe that isn't enough to explain just how bad Wentz has been.

I've said it before, right now Nagy is on the hot seat in Chicago and their O Line is worse than ours but nobody is suggesting they don't need to replace Trubisky and Foles and neither has been as bad as Wentz, who at the moment is only being benched temporarily.

I just don't want peters in the game. Hell I'd be fine with treating the rest of the season like preseason and rotate the QBs by half. 

3 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I just don't want peters in the game. Hell I'd be fine with treating the rest of the season like preseason and rotate the QBs by half. 

Peters should be cut, hell give him a retirement presentation pre game if you like, but every day he's on this roster is a day Doug is tempted to take another look at him at guard.

• Like 3

At this point, the season is pretty much lost so see what the kid can do these last four games. Like everyone alluded to, this should have been done earlier in the season to hopefully light a fire under Wentz's behind but they waited too late. I get that Doug was trying to prevent it but now, here we are. 

I will support whoever is under center and right now its Hurts so hopefully the whole team rallies behind him...

• Like 2

Unless the coaches decide to completely change their play calling, I don't think it's really going to matter too much who is at QB.  If we continue to not run the ball and to call long developing passing plays behind a makeshift O-line, the end results are going to be fairly similar.  Hurts will have a week or two where he looks better than Carson, then teams will have tape on his tendencies and be ready for him.