Dear Coach Pederson

matchew88

If Doug liked franchise QBs like he likes water bottle holes, we'd be in a better spot.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

Dear Doug,

Please run over Howie  on your way out!!  

Sincerely,

All of Us

fyp

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, greend said:

Dear Dumbarse is more like it

Are you saying Doug is a Mr. Dumass?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Ok, I'll bite: how exactly did doug ruin this guy again?

The only thing I can think of is, Doug continuously mentioned he recognized that he needed to design/call plays that roll Wentz out of the pocket ... get him on the move which is where he has excelled in the past ... and he just never did.  Plus when he continues to call passing plays on 75-80% of the offensive snaps while watching his QB get hammered either due to holding the ball too long (in many cases) or playing behind a make shift OL that isn't playing well (in some cases), that also doesn't help a struggling QB.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, time2rock said:

The only thing I can think of is, Doug continuously mentioned he recognized that he needed to design/call plays that roll Wentz out of the pocket ... get him on the move which is where he has excelled in the past ... and he just never did.  Plus when he continues to call passing plays on 75-80% of the offensive snaps while watching his QB get hammered either due to holding the ball too long (in many cases) or playing behind a make shift OL that isn't playing well (in some cases), that also doesn't help a struggling QB.

I will agree with that. Reminds me SO much of AR when he refused to run the ball because of McNabb's athletic ability......

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I will agree with that. Reminds me SO much of AR when he refused to run the ball because of McNabb's athletic ability......

It was maddening listening to Doug during his pressers every week when answering questions about rolling Wentz out more.  It was like he didn't know how to answer the question ...  he'd always say something along the lines of, "Well yeah, I probably need to do that more" ... and the next week you'd see more of the same (him neglecting to incorporate more of those plays).  He'd make himself look foolish, like a man with no intelligent answers to the questions or no answers to what is going on on the field.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I think it just boils down to "how the ball bounces." This season, too many things just haven't gone favorably. Wentz' QB rating is terrible for Wentz at 72.8, but Elway, for example, had 4 seasons worse than that in his first 10 seasons. Over his career, Elway averaged over 14 INTs per season and never had less than 10 in one season (even in seasons shortened by injury, strike, etc... ).

I still think Wentz had his worst season this year. He has gotten away with (as most QBs do) missing open WRs in the past by completing passes to another player he chose to target. This year, drives are stalling instead because of those decisions. This year, there were a lot of "almost" plays that just didn't go our way.

Regardless, I would not have benched Wentz and I certainly wouldn't justify it by claiming Hurts provided a spark Sunday. Hurts came in and we went up-tempo --- something that has sparked our offense several times this season with Wentz. So are we going to go up-tempo all game vs the Saints? Also, why didn't we do it last week with Wentz? These are coaching decisions and I have a feeling we'll see that our wins and losses are coming down to coaching decisions. I mean ... if you change the QB, you had better change the result. 

I definitely mostly agree with all of this. I'm a little on the fence about the benching, but I don't think Wentz was going to play himself out of his funk either. There's a chance that benching him just gives him a chance to get right from a mental standpoint. Either way, I think we agree that there's no real reason to believe that Wentz is done. This could very well just be one bad season.

20 hours ago, matchew88 said:

Dear Coach Pederson,

How does it feel to ruin a franchise quarterback and then scapegoat him to save your career?

Sincerely,

Mrs Wentz

Fixed.

15 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I don’t think this move saves Doug’s job at all. Even if Hurts goes out there and kills it I think Doug is done. He’s auditioning to coach someplace else right now. Still we focus on the wrong things. Howie must go. 

Kelce called out the coaches for the problems. Coming from Kelce is a huge deal IMO

Kelce paraphrase: "We suck. Top to bottom, this organization sucks."  Welcome back to 1962. Going to be a long, long road to recovery. In the meantime, expect market share to shrink and merch sales to plummet.  The only thing trending in a positive direction will be fan indifference. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Kelce called out the coaches for the problems. Coming from Kelce is a huge deal IMO

As he once said "It’s the whole team!” 

Psychologically, when you always have to work harder to go nowhere or get out of spots because of coaching, and then get hammered to the point of being like "whats the point", and then not even trusting the game plan anymore so you only throw to one person. Over time your mechanics then drift.

I literally saw the same play over and over again the last 3 games, just run by different players. WR screens like 6 times, but to different WRs is STILL THE SAME PLAY

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He should have screamed "It's the whole damn team!"

He said they have "structural" issues.  Coaching, front office, players, execution, everything.

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He should have screamed "It's the whole damn team!"

He said they have "structural" issues.  Coaching, front office, players, execution, everything.

Yes but, him only blaming the coaches for Carson's issues fits my narrative!!

47 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes but, him only blaming the coaches for Carson's issues fits my narrative!!

I have a hard time buying that. You mean to tell me Oederson went to Foles, asked him what plays he likes to run, but wouldn’t do it for his franchise quarterback? Also Press Taylor is the passing game coordinator/Quarterbacks coach/Carson’s Buddy. He installs the offense every week. You mean to tell me Carson’s Buddy is purposefully trying to sabotage Carson? Just seems odd and frankly hard for me to believe the Eagles haven’t asked Carson what he likes to run or people who are frankly 100% behind him would actively try to sabotage him. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I have a hard time buying that. You mean to tell me Oederson went to Foles, asked him what plays he likes to run, but wouldn’t do it for his franchise quarterback? Also Press Taylor is the passing game coordinator/Quarterbacks coach/Carson’s Buddy. He installs the offense every week. You mean to tell me Carson’s Buddy is purposefully trying to sabotage Carson? Just seems odd and frankly hard for me to believe the Eagles haven’t asked Carson what he likes to run or people who are frankly 100% behind him would actively try to sabotage him. 

Meh, I'm mostly just messing around. I've mentally checked out of this season and really don't care what they do anymore this season. I'll still watch and hope we get some of the young guys to develop so we have some future going forward. As for the Wentz, Doug, and Howie drama I'm done with it. I'll care again when something is done with one those 3. Target number 1 being Howie. 

It's just not worth arguing over anymore 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Meh, I'm mostly just messing around. I've mentally checked out of this season and really don't care what they do anymore this season. I'll still watch and hope we get some of the young guys to develop so we have some future going forward. As for the Wentz, Doug, and Howie drama I'm done with it. I'll care again when something is done with one those 3. Target number 1 being Howie. 

It's just not worth arguing over anymore 

I’m with you 100% on Howie. He has to go.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 4:34 PM, Talonblood said:

I still believe that he has post concussion, neurological (nearly pissed myself- I spelled it right without Google) issues that aren't easily detected by doctors. Like Carson is 3 to 5 seconds behind when things start to move fast- like playing football. I think that hit did way more damage than doctors think. Just the way he plays, just how he lost all his mechanics, too. I could be wrong, but THAT would explain a lot of things about his decline.

Side note: Lurie, Howie and Doug all help F up Wentz as well. If Wentz does get traded down the line, I bet he balls out again, if his brain recovers all the way. We'll see.

I think the concussion had an impact. He’s more skitterish now, dropping his eyes. He’s never been calm in the pocket, now its worse. That was a serious concussion. 

• Like 1