Rodney McCleod out for the remainder of the season with ACL

VaBeach_Eagle

He is done in philly (and he wont be alone). I really thought he was having a decent year. Solid player during his tenure.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Safety will have to be a top priority this off-season.  I don't mind spending a first-rounder on one if necessary.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Philthy Jawn said:

Safety will have to be a top priority this off-season.  I don't mind spending a first-rounder on one if necessary.

Doesn't appear to be a top 10 type Safety this year.

Sad to see McLeod out for the year. He was one of the best safeties in the NFC according to PFF. Would like to see the Eagles draft Andre Cisco out of Syracuse in the 2nd-3rd round as an eventual replacement.

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

Well of course he'd have a torn ACL. 

This team...:wacko:

but he is a baller though. There are a few 2nd-3rd round guys who could be 1st year starters (Ford, Lecounte, Cisco)

1 minute ago, QBhunter58 said:

but he is a baller though. There are a few 2nd-3rd round guys who could be 1st year starters (Ford, Lecounte, Cisco)

Yeah he is. I always liked him. As for the draft, I haven't looked at the Safeties yet but I'm betting you're right. Just like on the O-line, the mid rounds usually offer something to work with at Safety.

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Yeah he is. I always liked him. As for the draft, I haven't looked at the Safeties yet but I'm betting you're right. Just like on the O-line, the mid rounds usually offer something to work with at Safety.

The number one step is getting Howie out of the draft room.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Doesn't appear to be a top 10 type Safety this year.

Leave it to Howie to make one.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Safety a big priority this off season. You know what that means.

Howie’s gonna Draft one in the sixth round and tell us: "HE’S A MASSIVE STEAL, WE COULDN'T BELIEVE HE WAS STILL AVAILABLE.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That sucks. He's a small guy, but very physical. Good leader as well. I wish him a speedy recovery.

This will be good experience for K'von Wallace.

When I saw it I knew he was done. Well I hope the rookie they drafted will be ready to go. Another one of these athletic projects Howie drafted. Hope he works out. 

At least we will get to see Wallace and be can gain some much needed experience. That's a positive though it is a real shame and a blow for McLeod.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

At least we will get to see Wallace and be can gain some much needed experience. That's a positive though it is a real shame and a blow for McLeod.

I forgot about him..

I wouldn't be shocked if Mills/Wallace is a pretty solid safety tandem in a couple years.  Not saying you don't upgrade if you get the chance but those are two smart and versatile guys who could age well at those spots.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yep.  In a season that isn’t going anywhere I’ve always felt it was best to give the younger guys some valuable play time.  The experience will only better prepare them for larger roles later.  

• Like 2

That sucks. Rodney was an underrated player during his time here and was having a really good year. I say was because you have to imagine that's the last we see of him with the Eagles. Safety is without question one of the biggest needs during the offseason.

• Like 1