Rodney McCleod out for the remainder of the season with ACL

VaBeach_Eagle

27 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

That sucks. Rodney was an underrated player during his time here and was having a really good year. I say was because you have to imagine that's the last we see of him with the Eagles. Safety is without question one of the biggest needs during the offseason.

Nah, a new medical team should be the no.1 priority.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Mills/Wallace is a pretty solid safety tandem in a couple years.  Not saying you don't upgrade if you get the chance but those are two smart and versatile guys who could age well at those spots.

Mills is awful.  And have we seen much out of Wallace yet?  

7 hours ago, Philthy Jawn said:

Safety will have to be a top priority this off-season.  I don't mind spending a first-rounder on one if necessary.

That would definitely  fit the mold ,Howie. Blow a top 5-10 pick on a mediocre safety class

I know people keep saying we need safety, but we have Mills back there. We can bring him back on the cheap. Wallace too. Epps in his limited time has shown he's the second coming of Sean Taylor and they can always move Maddox back as well, who could be our version of Troy P.

No, this post isn't serious. We need serious help back there.

7 hours ago, T-1000 said:

That sucks. Rodney was an underrated player during his time here and was having a really good year. I say was because you have to imagine that's the last we see of him with the Eagles. Safety is without question one of the biggest needs during the offseason.

Safety, WR, interior OL, outside CB, DE, LB ... where to start?  Oh I know ... GM!  

8 hours ago, time2rock said:

Yep.  In a season that isn’t going anywhere I’ve always felt it was best to give the younger guys some valuable play time.  The experience will only better prepare them for larger roles later.  

Agreed. We need to establish what we have for the future with these younger players. McLeod has been a good, really good, player for this team but he's not the future. He may be back here next year but more out of necessity than anything else. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, time2rock said:

Yep.  In a season that isn’t going anywhere I’ve always felt it was best to give the younger guys some valuable play time.  The experience will only better prepare them for larger roles later.  

Plus it lets us truly see what we have. Is wallace a solid backup? Or does he flash and show starting potential? Grab another safety in the 2nd or third and head into next year with an influx of youth on the back end.

28 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

Plus it lets us truly see what we have. Is wallace a solid backup? Or does he flash and show starting potential? Grab another safety in the 2nd or third and head into next year with an influx of youth on the back end.

Yep, hoping to see some young talent at S, CB, and DE. 

On 12/14/2020 at 4:01 PM, Jeep_man said:

Nah, a new medical team should be the no.1 priority.

Are you serious? You mean for the 4th year in a row? It's not the medical staff's fault players get injured. Haven't we figured that out yet or are we going to try 28 more staffs over the next 28 years?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Are you serious? You mean for the 4th year in a row? It's not the medical staff's fault players get injured. Haven't we figured that out yet or are we going to try 28 more staffs over the next 28 years?

Yeah I don't understand this mindset either to be honest. The medical staff don't help pre injury. 

Last year they hired new leaders over medical...and conditioning which I would think is part of not getting injured.  They hired guys from teams that literally won awards in these areas.

There has to be something more to it.  It should be a priority this offseason to really analyze the problem.  It's even rookies and young players.  Is there something in the way they practice, the field conditions, their conditioning, their injury history before joining the team, something?  

They even retained Chip Kelly's sports science guy but when Chip was here they were among the least injured teams.  Something has to be done.

On 12/16/2020 at 11:17 AM, NOTW said:

Last year they hired new leaders over medical...and conditioning which I would think is part of not getting injured.  They hired guys from teams that literally won awards in these areas.

There has to be something more to it.  It should be a priority this offseason to really analyze the problem.  It's even rookies and young players.  Is there something in the way they practice, the field conditions, their conditioning, their injury history before joining the team, something?  

They even retained Chip Kelly's sports science guy but when Chip was here they were among the least injured teams.  Something has to be done.

Our players just need some of Chips magic smoothies. There problem solved 😉