ROUND 1 (#21): Eagles select Jalen Reagor (TCU WR)

Moderator6

Apparently on twitter there is someone posting that he was clocked in a game at 22.6 MPH, which was faster than any NFL player last year.

Interesting tweet for those who are angry with the pick..

it’s not showing, but if you click on the pic it shows reagor at the bottom at 31%. He had some of the worst qb play in college football last year. 

I am going to make myself warm up to this pick- the alternative sucks too much. This guy is faster than 4:47, he has 4:2 type of playing speed. Needs to work on his hands and 50/50 balls, but I see a mix of Westbrook and Desean in him while watching vids of him. Damn it, Howie, I hope you are right. I'm going to stop busting the players chops until I see him play, but Howie did F the 1st round up, because this guy is a second rounder. The only way Howie gets off the hook is if this guy IS WestDeaseanbrook.

Wow. The reactions here are way overboard. I liked Jefferson more than Reagor. Reagor could be a complete steal though. 

He was slept on after the combine. That 40 time hurt him in the media. 

He is a freak athlete. 2018 film is really good. I get the pick. We need speed and someone dynamic. 

5 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

they could have made a better effort to get Lamb, but they didn't by them staying put at #21.

What have they been reported to have offered to move up?

The Cowboys  lost two of their best defenders this offseason.

They needed to go defense in this draft but Jerruh thought he would stick it to us. He didn't. 

Remember when some were terrified of Barkley on the Gmen? That worked out ok for us.

8 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Did either of you enjoy Cowboys taking Lamb without Eagles making a move? This stings and can set Eagles back for years.

Unfortunately, the Eagles don’t allow me in on their phone calls, so I have no idea if they tried and simply couldn’t find a suitable deal. Guess what? Neither do you. 

Furthermore, they didn’t pass on Lamb. He never fell to them, so saying this could set them back years makes no sense at all. 

1 hour ago, What The F said:

Meh

Same. 

All I can say is that I'm getting that Marcus Smith/Jon Harris feeling.  Feels like a big time reach to me.  But I don't know squat - so let's see.

8 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

they could have made a better effort to get Lamb, but they didn't by them staying put at #21.

Statement based on complete ignorance. 

If a team demand our 2nd and 3rd round pick and a 2021 1st, should we give that up?

Fact is, you have no idea what it’d take to move up. You just want to act like a petulant child. 

14 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Did either of you enjoy Cowboys taking Lamb without Eagles making a move? This stings and can set Eagles back for years.

And we knew that anyone was willing to deal with the eagles to move up that far how? We have holes to fill and need playmakers all over. It hardly ever works out for a team to give up the farm for 1 reciever

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Unfortunately, the Eagles don’t allow me in on their phone calls, so I have no idea if they tried and simply couldn’t find a suitable deal. Guess what? Neither do you. 

Furthermore, they didn’t pass on Lamb. He never fell to them, so saying this could set them back years makes no sense at all. 

Agreed. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

If a team demand our 2nd and 3rd round pick and a 2021 1st, should we give that up?

No, we should not. This team needs to get younger and worry about future cap space with aging vets. Agreed, 100%

4 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Also lamb was said to be a Julio Jones type yet still was the 3rd receiver taken and all 3 of the top 3 fell further then anyone expected so it shows we know nothing as well

So who does this guy compare to - does he have any Steve Smith, Sr. in him?

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Also lamb was said to be a Julio Jones type yet still was the 3rd receiver taken and all 3 of the top 3 fell further then anyone expected so it shows we know nothing as well

This was a funky draft year.  If Lamb is the second coming of Julio Jones, that is a big problem for the Eagles.

The funny thing is that, if this guy hadn't had a slow 40 time at the combine, he would have been ranked much higher, and seen as a steal at 21.

He had horrible qb play at TCU and didn't have a good combine. Is that really going to matter three years from now?

The team needed to add speed. He was the fastest guy on any football field last year, pro or college. It seems like this was a pretty good night for us.

I think Lamb is going to be a really good receiver. But Reagor is the guy who opens things up for Miles, Ertz and Goedert. Good luck covering those guys, especially if DJax stays healthy. 

Don't kid yourselves.  Lamb is an absolute beast and the best WR in the draft.  It really f'ing sucks that Dallas took him.  But Reagor was the best scheme fit for us of the 2nd tier and this is a good pick.

6 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Fact is, you have no idea what it’d take to move up. You just want to act like a petulant child. 

Yeah  I would have. Worked for Falcons with Julio Jones. I had a bad feeling Cowboys were going to take Lamb if Eagles didn't trade up for him, and that's what exactly happened. We would have taken Lamb away from Cowboys (win-win).

1 minute ago, Procus said:

This was a funky draft year.  If Lamb is the second coming of Julio Jones, that is a big problem for the Eagles.

It is but, I'm not the type to make those claims now without anyone playing a down yet. May not matter if the cowboys continue to ignore the defense and their offensive line slowly falling apart and Dak being unhappy. 

21 minutes ago, Mdod10 said:

Interesting tweet for those who are angry with the pick..

it’s not showing, but if you click on the pic it shows reagor at the bottom at 31%. He had some of the worst qb play in college football last year. 

Poor guy. Mims situation sucked too. It's not too late Howie! Go get him.

Archived