Kelce has a message: Play to Win! Period.

Hawkeye

7 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Remember Kelce being all rah rah about Andy when his time was up?  He was all defensive of AR and basically made it sound like the fans have no clue what they are talking about.  Yeah, good times.  

Everything I hear about Kelce makes me like him more and more. 

7 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Remember Kelce being all rah rah about Andy when his time was up?  He was all defensive of AR and basically made it sound like the fans have no clue what they are talking about.  Yeah, good times.  

Everything I hear about Kelce makes me like him more and more. 

10 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Or like winning it all.  Ya gotta be in it to win it.  

Most people want to lose out so we can draft Chase. I’ve said I’d before, but elite receivers rarely are part of Super Bowl wins.

People think we can’t compete this season, but nobody gave us a chance before 2017. Most said we were done when Wentz got hurt.

We looked hopeless in 2018. Then Foles got hot and we should have knocked off the Saints in the playoffs.

Last year Wentz got knocked out in the playoffs and McCown almost beat the Hawks on half a leg.

Hurts knocked off the best team in the NFC in his first start. Maybe he comes back down to earth, but if we beat the Cards and a hot WFT then personally I’m excited to see where this team can go.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

chip still got canned even though we were winning games, im thinking it was more lurie that wanted hurts in there and the rumors of doug wanting out and lurie frustrated with the front office, i seriously doubt he's going to go 180 and keep everyone, if it's that toxic, regardless of winning, i still think he's sticking with the plan of making changes because of the way this season went and possibly doug didnt want to bench carson.

We were 6-9 at the time of his firing and eliminated from playoff contention for the 2nd year in a row. Not exactly winning. 

• Like 1

Make no mistake.....Every HC, GM or owner wants to make the playoffs, regardless of how they get there or what the chances are of them advancing.

GMs may have free agent and draft plans, based on where a team finishes, but he sure as sh-- would rather make the playoffs.

Chemistry, balance, depth and a good mix of veterans and young productive players are the best way to get to a super bowl.  

• Like 3

Reports are out the Eagles won’t fire Howie so they might as well go out to win. It’s not like that guy will draft good anyhow. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Reports are out the Eagles won’t fire Howie so they might as well go out to win. It’s not like that guy will draft good anyhow. 

Roseman's job was never in danger.....that was all media bullsh-- and fans whining.

• Like 1

Yeah, the organizational philosophy from a beaten down player savoring his last gasps of his playing career is pretty much the EXACT perspective you DON'T want in times of transition and looking forward.  

I'd rather hear a random fan's thoughts on rebuilding.  

That's the attitude a player should have, and it's nice to hear. You'll rarely hear any part of an organization make it sound like they're giving up on the season no matter how bad they are or how clear it is that they have.

23 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Even though I know it is likely in the best interest of the future of this team to not win the division (FOR THIS YEAR) moving them back 10 spots or so in the draft, I still can't help myself but to root for them to succeed when I watch the games.  I know a lot of people argue "anything can happen" but I believe the chances are slim-to-none that we do anything in the postseason - the odds highly favor going one-and-done much more so than going on a run.  But I still watch and hope for the W.  And I know Howie's talent evaluation is a big issue but have to figure the earlier we draft the better likelihood is we hit on an elite talent.  But still can't root for them to lose. 

Of course a player is going to say that, Its simple,. players have to have a "win" mindset...  for many of them their jobs are on the line if they dont win

Kelce translated for us

The effort put out in the New Orleans game would win just about any game. If you do not show up you will be replaced. Max effort at all times.