John Dorsey Eagles’ FO Consultant - hired by Lions

time2rock

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It sucks, but the only positive, is it leaves Howie with no where to hide. His shield is gone.

Nope. Andy Weidl (Douglas' replacement over Personnel), and now "I was just getting the type of players Coach Siri wanted."

Both could be fired, Howie will remain. 

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Nope. Andy Weidl (Douglas' replacement over Personnel), and now "I was just getting the type of players Coach Siri wanted."

Both could be fired, Howie will remain. 

True.

I've always found that defense hilarious though. If Howie is "just getting players the coaches want", then he's not a GM. He's a secretary. A glorified gopher.

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

True.

I've always found that defense hilarious though. If Howie is "just getting players the coaches want", then he's not a GM. He's a secretary. A glorified gopher.

It should be in unison though with the coach getting his way a little more since he is the one that has to get them in his scheme 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It should be in unison though with the coach getting his way a little more since he is the one that has to get them in his scheme 

I believe a coach should have input in the sense of providing measurables he'd like in a player, or specific skill sets they'd like, but the GM should be finding the talent that fits the bill.

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I believe a coach should have input in the sense of providing measurables he'd like in a player, or specific skill sets they'd like, but the GM should be finding the talent that fits the bill.

Basically what I meant lol. It definitely shouldn't be Howie and lurie picking whoever the eff they want without the coaches input

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Basically what I meant lol. It definitely shouldn't be Howie and lurie picking whoever the eff they want without the coaches input

That I agree with.

If Sirianni's strength as a coach really is maximizing players' strengths and minimizing their weaknesses, I think we can all relax a little bit. I do feel that our previous coaching staff was awful in that area, sticking to a system whether we had the right personnel or not. We often tried to force results to happen rather than make adjustments based on who was in the game.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I believe we can have better results with the players we have than what we've been getting. It seems obvious at times when a player leaves that we just weren't using them properly. Guys like Douglas, Jones and Fort all did better when their new team put them in situations to succeed. I really feel it's important to give the 2020 draft a chance before writing it off like some already have.  So we see a team like the vikings plug a highly regarded rookie (Jefferson) in the place of their departed  start WR (Diggs) and they don't miss a beat. Can you really argue that the Eagles used Reagor in a way that favored his strengths as a player? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Curious how much Dorsey knows of the Eagles current draft plans.

Good point. A ready made excuse for Lurie to continue to defend Howie. I can see it now:

"You know we had a great draft board lined up, Howie did a great job setting with draft board with his FO staff but then plans changed. We lost a guy to another organisation who picked the guy we really liked ahead of us."

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Good point. A ready made excuse for Lurie to continue to defend Howie. I can see it now:

"You know we had a great draft board lined up, Howie did a great job setting with draft board with his FO staff but then plans changed. We lost a guy to another organisation who picked the guy we really liked ahead of us."

Lions pick after us

All GM’s have more misses than hits, if not, rosters all over the league would be turned over every few years and free agency wouldn’t mean all that much.   

TBF,  the Patriots are usually way under the cap year in and out and Belichick usually fields a competitive team. Imagine being Brady taking a pay cut every year so they can sign better players, lol.    

15 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Or

”Howie has great people around him. As you can see, another organization picking from our 1st class front office staff led by Howie.”

• Like 1

As I keep saying, Howie will NEVER give up total control and final say over player evaluation and acquisition. He will draft, trade, and sign the FA's that HE thinks are best for the team. It is literally his favorite part of his job and he won't stop doing it just because he absolutely sucks at it.

After all, the draft merely a guessing game anyway, and he guesses right a tiny little bit, so that means he's as great at it as anybody else. Just ask him. He's the Donald Trump of GM's. He keeps spouting absolutely false nonsense in an effort to survive, and it works because Lurie keeps lapping it up. Then, they fire everybody around him, but never him. It's sickening to watch.

His draft record from 2016-2020 shows that he finds starters (zero Probowlers or better***edit** Wentz 1 year) at a rate of just under 20% of his picks (7 out of 36 picks). The rest don't make it. That is horrible.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

If Sirianni's strength as a coach really is maximizing players' strengths and minimizing their weaknesses, I think we can all relax a little bit. I do feel that our previous coaching staff was awful in that area, sticking to a system whether we had the right personnel or not. We often tried to force results to happen rather than make adjustments based on who was in the game.

Great point.  I’ve often criticized Doug and his staff for the lack of player development and for failing to adjust scheme to the strengths of his players.  One reason I am glad he is gone (along with most of his staff).  

And should the lack of player development continue even under a new coaching staff, then perhaps Lurie will finally open his eyes and realize Howie is the biggest problem.  

40 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Curious how much Dorsey knows of the Eagles current draft plans.

I'm curious if the Eagles HAVE any current draft plans. 

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

They have plans... It's in their diaries. 

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The plan is do what Howie says or else

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So Howie doesn't get fired and Dorsey is now with the Lions. Which means once again it'll be Howie having most say on picks. Great. 

But don't worry guys, some of those picked 1-5 will be on our radar. And Howie will like those players a lot and it'll just be unfortunate that they were picked before we got on the clock. 

Howie wanted that hire to happen. He hates competition. 

When Dorsey walked into our organization and met Howie...

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, CheesesteakNBeer said:

When Dorsey walked into our organization and met Howie...

tenor.gif

You think he was even there that long?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

And now being reported that Dorsey is leaving to take a position with Detroit.

Oh well, I guess we'll have to brace for another sheety draft.

When it comes to Howie, Lurie doesn't have the teams best interest in mind, if he did Howie surely would've been gone this year after the Reagor pick because a blind man can see Reagor is never going to amount to much.

41 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Oh well, I guess we'll have to brace for another sheety draft.

When it comes to Howie, Lurie doesn't have the teams best interest in mind, if he did Howie surely would've been gone this year after the Reagor pick because a blind man can see Reagor is never going to amount to much.

If he had a decent to average QB he will. Reagor has a ton of natural born talent but like most players our coaches had their system and refused to adjust for skill set.