John Dorsey Eagles’ FO Consultant - hired by Lions

time2rock

39 minutes ago, TEW said:

It seems a lot of you don't understand what a consultant is.

Someone hired at substantial cost to provide abstract contributions while the organization markets their involvement and input?  🤪

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Howie wanted that hire to happen. He hates competition. 

I disagree. He wants/needs some type of advisor that he can put the blame on for his mistakes and keep his job. 

13 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Why do you think he left?  

Use the gathered intel to screw the eagles in the draft 

17 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It sucks, but the only positive, is it leaves Howie with no where to hide. His shield is gone.

Howie is not hiding!!! He survived firing of 2 Super bowl and 1 winning coaches..... He is just not going anywhere. It's a lot like that rash you pick up in South America and nothing helps.

I think the reason Howie is still here is because Lurie needs a Shield, to absorb the criticism of his own meddling. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah, ok.  No.  The intel in the building is what screws the Eagles.  Can't blame John Dorsey for all of the crap drafts Lowie has had.  

Is that a Lurie-Howie mashup?  

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah, ok.  No.  The intel in the building is what screws the Eagles.  Can't blame John Dorsey for all of the crap drafts Lowie has had.  

What the hell are you talking about? I am saying Dorsey has been with the org and may have some indication on they initial draft plans (early stages). If the lions identify a player they like and Dorsey knows that is a guy the eagles ranked highly they can just jump them. lions are #7 so its not rocket science. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If you don’t know what I’m talking about than you’re dumber than this post suggests.  

Ok boomer

8 hours ago, nipples said:

I disagree. He wants/needs some type of advisor that he can put the blame on for his mistakes and keep his job. 

Maybe but he also hates competition and is probably scared to death of someone else getting Jeffery’s attention and being banished to the basement again. 

I'm getting to the point of indifference.

After hearing Lurie in that press conference talk like a tangential, nonsensical basketcase I have little hope he will ever get the sack of 'ish that is Howie out of here.

That Super Bowl was the ultimate perfect storm but this organization had no clue how to handle success...but they continue to love the smell of their own farts.

This is a loss - I rate him based on his past record and was excited having him involved in some capacity.

But the gig he got in Detroit is a proper one (as opposed to consultant). Eagles didn’t want to bring him in formally which would in essence be at a position over the others they have in place (e.g. Wiedl, Patch etc). Based on our past few drafts, Im not sure that is the right call 

On 1/25/2021 at 1:56 PM, philafan4o8 said:

What the hell are you talking about? I am saying Dorsey has been with the org and may have some indication on they initial draft plans (early stages). If the lions identify a player they like and Dorsey knows that is a guy the eagles ranked highly they can just jump them. lions are #7 so its not rocket science. 

I don't think the Lions, or any other team enters the draft with the sole intention of sabotaging another team....

On 1/25/2021 at 1:56 PM, philafan4o8 said:

Well then to bad Detroit didn’t poach Dorsey last year.  Then maybe Reagor would be a Lion and we would have taken Jefferson!  :lol:

He hand picked Mahomes in a draft with Trubisky as the clear #1, and then drafted Mayfield when everyone told him skipping on Darnold and Rosen was a bad mistake. And also was in our draft ear for Hurts.

this was foreshadowing that they were parting with Stafford. He’s a franchise QB consultant

10 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

He hand picked Mahomes in a draft with Trubisky as the clear #1, and then drafted Mayfield when everyone told him skipping on Darnold and Rosen was a bad mistake. And also was in our draft ear for Hurts.

this was foreshadowing that they were parting with Stafford. He’s a franchise QB consultant

Unfortunate we didn't have him consulting with us back in 2016.  If he had, wonder if we would have still ended up with Wentz.