Beating the Cowboys

Beat the Cowboys, draft position means nothing this week  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Beat Dallas

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So why complain that we didn't sweep then since 2011? Seems like people are more interested in beating a team when it means nothing then actually being a good team sometimes. Just like the jack asses that thought it was so cool when akers trashed talked the cowboys when we took Goedert

It’s not a complaint, just an observation. We could have swept them in 2017, but technically we didn’t. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It’s not a complaint, just an observation. We could have swept them in 2017, but technically we didn’t. 

I'm sure there is lots of times since the cowboys won the super bowl we didn't sweep them but we got further. Think people get to wrapped up in who the opponent is rather then the big picture. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Winning this game accomplishes nothing. 

Winning the Saints game accomplished nothing.  YOU ALWAYS BEAT DALLAS.  Eagles fan rule #1.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Winning the Saints game accomplished nothing.  YOU ALWAYS BEAT DALLAS.  Eagles fan rule #1.

If you have a time machine and can go back and make them lose the game to the Saints, please do.  Otherwise its totally irrelevant.

The question is simple.  Do the Eagles benefit more by winning, or losing the game?  The answer is obvious.  Losing the game benefits the Eagles much more than winning does.

24 minutes ago, downundermike said:

To some eagle fans that's their Superbowl. Beating Dallas every year.

Its Dallas week but it doesn't feel it. Maybe it's because it's the week of Christmas so that offers another distraction? Maybe it's because this is two bad teams who know if WFT or NY win today their seasons are over regardless of who wins this one. But its now Dallas day and all that matters is... We beat the snot out of those scummy Cowboys. 

• Like 1

beating Dallas is most important always, but them not having their starting QB in both games feels like a sweep against Dallas won’t be as rewarding as a fan. I won’t be rooting for an Eagles loss, but if it happens I won’t be upset. I don’t want to see them beating us in the draft again.

• Like 1

The events of this season have largely made me apathetic towards any outcome, and I loath Dallas as much as anyone. Also, most years, beating Dallas means one of three things. Either it benefits the Birds, it hurts Dallas, or both. This is a weird situation where beating Dallas has a much greater possibility of doing the exact opposite. It hurts us more than helps us, and it helps Dallas more than it hurts them. 

Now that doesn’t mean I’m outright pulling for Dallas to win. As I just said, it’s made me indifferent, and winning this game would have a very...meh... feel to it. 

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

The events of this season have largely made me apathetic towards any outcome, and I loath Dallas as much as anyone. Also, most years, beating Dallas means one of three things. Either it benefits the Birds, it hurts Dallas, or both. This is a weird situation where beating Dallas has a much greater possibility of doing the exact opposite. It hurts us more than helps us, and it helps Dallas more than it hurts them. 

Now that doesn’t mean I’m outright pulling for Dallas to win. As I just said, it’s made me indifferent, and winning this game would have a very...meh... feel to it. 

If the Eagles were better at drafting I would give a sheet more about draft position. So that being said I want the Eagles to win

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If the Eagles were better at drafting I would give a sheet more about draft position. So that being said I want the Eagles to win

It’s not even just drafting. Winning these games can only serve to prolong Howie’s time here. I know 2021 is effed because he’s not going anywhere this off-season. 

That said, I’ll always hate Dallas with every ounce of my being. Under our current circumstances however, wins these next two weeks just won’t bring me excitement the way they normally would. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It’s not even just drafting. Winning these games can only serve to prolong Howie’s time here. I know 2021 is effed because he’s not going anywhere this off-season. 

That said, I’ll always hate Dallas with every ounce of my being. Under our current circumstances however, wins these next two weeks just won’t being me excitement the way they normally would. 

Good point, unfortunately Hurts is making Howie look like a genius

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Good point, unfortunately Hurts is making Howie look like a genius

Yup, and you can already see some falling into the small sample trap. I've said the last couple weeks, that Hurts has made the games the last 2 and a half weeks fun to watch if nothing else, but we're still going to go into next season knowing very little about Hurts long term.

For those towing the line between wanting to beat Dallas and securing better draft position, root today for both the Eagles and WFT.  Problem solved.  

• Like 1