Nate Sudfeld MUST start next week (week 17)

gameshowfan91

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I don't get why you wouldn't want Hurts to start.  The more experience he gets at this early point in his career, the better.  

I agree. We are plenty capable of losing this game with Hurts. Especially our O-Line vs their D-Line. I have no interest in seeing Sudfeld, unless they want him to play LT. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I agree. We are plenty capable of losing this game with Hurts. Especially our O-Line vs their D-Line. I have no interest in seeing Sudfeld, unless they want him to play LT. 

I know those looking for a higher draft pick (me being one of them) won't want to hear this, but I am not so sure we lose Sunday night.  But I don't think a W drops us that far in the draft order.  We should still pick somewhere in the 7-10 range.  And I don't think a loss improves our current position - I don't see Cincinnati, Atlanta, or Houston winning their finales.  

I just hope the Gmen whip Dallas so that even if we do win, the Cowboys still don't get into the postseason.  

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 12:01 PM, jsdarkstar said:

Let's not make the same mistake we did when we could of drafted O.J. Simpson. 

how could we have drafted him? He went with the first overall pick. We picked 3rd. If we Fed anything up, it's that we should have drafted Mean Joe Green, who went with the 4th overall pick to the Pittsburgh Steelers, who picked right after we did. 

6 hours ago, JohnB said:

how could we have drafted him? He went with the first overall pick. We picked 3rd. If we Fed anything up, it's that we should have drafted Mean Joe Green, who went with the 4th overall pick to the Pittsburgh Steelers, who picked right after we did. 

I think his point was the year before OJ came out, they won a meaningless game that put them out of reach of OJ. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnB said:

The Eagles were 0-11. They won the final 3 games and as a result lost out on the first pick. Yes. We should of drafted Mean Joe Green. But we didn't. A Howie move. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 6:47 AM, time2rock said:

I don't get why you wouldn't want Hurts to start.  The more experience he gets at this early point in his career, the better.  

I actually questioned this logic and have yet to receive an answer. Genuinely curious.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 3:47 AM, time2rock said:

1 hour ago, EagleMatt said:

I actually questioned this logic and have yet to receive an answer. Genuinely curious.

This is a meaningless game. Hurts may learn faster from Cowboys loss if he they sit him this game. Plus there's a chance he could get hurt. Winning would be worse than losing. And do you really want to see Cowboys get any success or glory? That would make me sick to my stomach.

I'm fine with them starting Hurts this week, but this is a week to run the ball 40 times. Don't start Mialata. And, because of that, don't call a lot of passes to get the QB hit.   Give Scott and Howard most of the carries.  No point in giving Sanders much work and risk an injury on a meaningless last football game.  Heck, even give Clement 5 carries or more.  If we somehow win this game with a vanilla plan of running the ball and not much else, then it is what it is. But, chances are we won't win and that is preferred.

On 12/27/2020 at 8:22 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

There's nothing to play for and a loss keeps Cowboys out of Playoffs. Plus Hurts gets punished in a way.

TATE welcomes North Korea to the board!

On 12/30/2020 at 12:09 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

This is a meaningless game. Hurts may learn faster from Cowboys loss if he they sit him this game. Plus there's a chance he could get hurt. Winning would be worse than losing. And do you really want to see Cowboys get any success or glory? That would make me sick to my stomach.

I hear that and thats sound logic. One upside is IF we win & dallass get in, they face a tougher schedule next season. But i also want hurts to get as much experience as possible,  not necessarily win but play well.

My biggest concern this week is how badly Hurts is going to get crushed... and how often too. Mailata may not be able to play and if that's the case then it may not be a bad shout to play Sudfeld.

On 12/30/2020 at 9:47 AM, jsdarkstar said:

The Eagles were 0-11. They won the final 3 games and as a result lost out on the first pick. Yes. We should of drafted Mean Joe Green. But we didn't. A Howie move. 

Sounds like this years Jets lol.

On 12/28/2020 at 6:15 AM, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

He beat Dnucci, barely lol

"And yet, Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz may have played worse. Wentzthrew for 123 yards and two touchdowns, but also turned the ball over four times, throwing two interceptions and fumbling the ball twice. DiNucci finished the game with a quarterback rating of 64.6 compared to Wentz's rating of 61.2.

The great one had a worse passer rating than DiNucci. 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Haha 1

I agree with this premise. Play Sudfeld, all the rookies, JJAW, and lose this game. Sit Sanders too. 

• Like 1

The rationale for benching Hurts is not to punish him for his performance against the Cowboys last week but rather to avoid getting punishment from that Washington FT defensive line. Apparently the starters at tackle this week are Matt Pryor and Brett Toth 🤢 .  I'm not so sure if getting another start from Hurts to get more film to evaluate is worth the injury risk from this depleted OL. Then again, this team has been making questionable decisions all year.

I just hope Hurts doesn't live up to his unfortunate last name by the end of Sunday night. He has shown enough potential to be in the mix for the starting job next season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I'm not so sure if getting another start from Hurts to get more film to evaluate is worth the injury risk from this depleted OL.

I agree with you because he's going to get eaten alive back there. But I guess there's some evaluation to come from that? How does he handle that? Does he remain composed? Does he go to pot? Can he withstand the beating? But I agree it's going to be rough to watch. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree with you because he's going to get eaten alive back there. But I guess there's some evaluation to come from that? How does he handle that? Does he remain composed? Does he go to pot? Can he withstand the beating? But I agree it's going to be rough to watch. 

Well we have already seen him play behind a substandard OL the past few weeks, so I don't think we need to subject the poor guy to an even worse version of that.

Especially since the 2021 starter at QB is likely going to be either Hurts or Wentz (I hope they don't burn their 2021 1st rounder or other early pick on another QB to add to the "QB factory"), we need those guys healthy going into next season. Let our third stringer Sudfeld start at QB. Heck we could even put Greg Ward out there at QB in this meaningless season finale.

It's only meaningful for Washington FT and quite frankly of the three other NFC East teams, I'd much rather have them win the division than the Giants or Cowboys. Lot of respect for Ron Rivera for everything he's been through, trying to coach while fighting his battle with cancer (just incredible amount of mental and physical toughness).

Hurts absolutely needs to start...because he is being evaluated....he will be playing against one of the top front 4 in the league...and with an OL that is patchwork...

So we will learn a lot about Hurts in this next game...especially coming off a game which was not an ideal performance....IF Hurts is the long term plan...you have to know how he plays in situations just like this...where there is nothing to play for but experience..against a team that has everything to play for and has some serious talent on D that will challenge him further...

Anyone who thinks the Eagles want to win, does not see the writing on the wall. With them sitting out all of these players this week, they know it would be a giant mistake to win. Winning this game helps nothing and they are well aware of that. With that, I think Hurts will start but wont finish this game. 

Now the players on the field will fight, the coaches will fight. Lets be honest they could be using this game as a interview for their next teams. But the FO was smart enough to know this as well, and pull half the team.