Rashod Bateman (Minnesota WR) -- DRAFTED BY BALTIMORE #27

Ray75

Now that Chase is almost certainly not an option, if Horn and Surtain are both gone before pick 12 (or if Howie wouldn’t consider taking one of them even if one was available), then I’d be open to trading back to later teens and grabbing Bateman while adding a 2nd in the process.  He’s still one of the few atop my wish list.  

Alternately would be to trade down only a few spots (like say with NE at 15 looking to move up for a QB) and grab their 2022 2nd while grabbing Bateman.  We already have 11 picks in 2021 ... I think that is more than enough.  To add an early day 2 pick next year would be tremendous and likely preferable to adding a 2021 2nd and risk him going between 15 and late teens.

• Like 1

I've seen mocks (nfl.com, cbs, etc) that have him and other receivers like Terrence Williams, Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore, going late first to early 2nd. You never know but hoping we have a chance at Bateman on day 2 even if it requires a move up.

Edit: Terrence Marshall. My b lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

I've seen mocks (nfl.com, cbs, etc) that have him and other receivers like Terrence Williams, Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore, going late first to early 2nd. You never know but hoping we have a chance at Bateman on day 2 even if it requires a move up.

If it takes a little move up to the late first then I'm all for it (price dependant). If they could get Horn and Bateman as their first two picks in this years draft? Oh man!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If it takes a little move up to the late first then I'm all for it (price dependant). If they could get Horn and Bateman as their first two picks in this years draft? Oh man!

Yea if it doesn't break the bank. If 1 or 2 of the other names go in the 20s I'd make calls to move up in the earlier 30s. Being at 37 that shouldn't be too hard to do. 

Agree Bateman and either Horn or Surtain would be an awesome first 2 rds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Agree Bateman and either Horn or Surtain would be an awesome first 2 rds.

I’ve almost come to hate watching the draft anymore ... we have these players on our wish lists that we think could really help (and I completely agree that would be a tremendous start to the draft) then watch Howie take Barmore and Cleveland with our first 2 picks and want to toss a brick through the TV.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I’ve almost come to hate watching the draft anymore ... we have these players on our wish lists that we think could really help (and I completely agree that would be a tremendous start to the draft) then watch Howie take Barmore and Cleveland with our first 2 picks and want to toss a brick through the TV.    

Lmao. Last yr after the Hurts pick I boycotted day 3. But you're right Howie has a way for delivering disappointment. But one can still hope right? Even stupidity has its limits does it not?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Seen a lot of mocks that have to titans or colts taking Bateman... 

Most I've seen have Marshall going b4 him and sometimes Elijah Moore or Rondale Moore. Depending on how the board shakes out he could be in our range or just as easily out of it

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

Yeah I know what you mean. Every year there are a handful of guys we absolutely love and most of the time the Eagles pass on them or they are off the board before we come to pick.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I know what you mean. Every year there are a handful of guys we absolutely love and most of the time the Eagles pass on them or they are off the board before we come to pick.

Or Howie gets cute again and takes someone like Reagor over Jefferson because he is smarter than the average bear.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Or Howie gets cute again and takes someone like Reagor over Jefferson because he is smarter than the average bear.

Oh god will that never stop?

Reagor was an excellent pick. I bet if he picked Jefferson over Reagor, Jefferson would have looked bad and you would make the same argument with swapped names.

I am so tired of people claiming Reagor (or Hurts for that matter) were bad picks. They were excellent picks who will help us win in the future.

10 minutes ago, Infam said:

Oh god will that never stop?

I suppose that might stop when Howie learns how to draft well.  :ph34r:

For every person that claims that was a good pick there are a dozen saying it was the wrong move.  So feel free to have your opinion.

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

For every person that claims that was a good pick there are a dozen saying it was the wrong move.  So feel free to have your opinion.

Sure. The dozen people either earn money by the click and that opinion pays. Or they are sheep incapable of thinking for themselves.

But yes it's my opinion and you got a big fat told you so coming.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Infam said:

But yes it's my opinion and you got a big fat told you so coming.

Believe me when I say ... I sure hope so.  :-)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, time2rock said:

I mean look I can't crush Howie for that one. I mean it looks like a very bad choice now. I very much doubt Reagor has a better career than Jefferson BUT I'll put my hands up I wanted Reagor.

10 hours ago, time2rock said:

We’ll have to see how their careers play out.  I suspect this season it will be more like Jefferson 1,100 yards and Reagor 850, but time will tell.  Jefferson was always going to be the volume target between the two; the Eagles took Reagor to stretch the field and make more splash plays.  Very few people believed Jefferson was capable of putting up 1,400 yards as a rookie.  In the end it didn’t matter much — MIN went 7-9 and missed the playoffs even with Jefferson’s production.

Having said all that, I don’t really see it with Bateman, either.  Personally I’d prefer Tylan Wallace in Round 3.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean look I can't crush Howie for that one. I mean it looks like a very bad choice now. I very much doubt Reagor has a better career than Jefferson BUT I'll put my hands up I wanted Reagor.

I’m not completely down on Reagor I was just big on the JJ bandwagon last year ... it was really frustrating watching him fall to us only to watch Howie take Reagor instead and Minny take him immediately after us.  I do admit player development was not in his favor nor was scheme/play calling.  So trying to have an open mind that he’ll still become a solid contributor here.  :-)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

I’m not completely down on Reagor I was just big on the JJ bandwagon last year ... it was really frustrating watching him fall to us only to watch Howie take Reagor instead and Minny take him immediately after us.  I do admit player development was not in his favor nor was scheme/play calling.  So trying to have an open mind that he’ll still become a solid contributor here.  :-)

I think Reagor is going to be a good NFL player. I don't think he's going to be elite, I don't think he's going to be great but I think he's going to be good. But JJ has a chance to be really really good and even elite. 

On 4/19/2021 at 2:09 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Reagor is going to be a good NFL player. I don't think he's going to be elite, I don't think he's going to be great but I think he's going to be good. But JJ has a chance to be really really good and even elite. 

Funny, that aligns exactly with how I felt about them ... when projecting what their careers might be like ... before they were drafted.  It's unfortunate Howie seems incapable of doing the same.  It goes way beyond just JJ/Reagor (or JJAW/Metcalf).  It's the main reason why he has so few hits on Pro Bowl players he has drafted during his tenure as GM.  He really needs to move further up the chain (since it seems obvious he is Lurie's little lap dog and isn't going anywhere any time soon) and bring in someone else to handle talent evaluation/acquisition.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Funny, that aligns exactly with how I felt about them ... when projecting what their careers might be like ... before they were drafted.  It's unfortunate Howie seems incapable of doing the same.  It goes way beyond just JJ/Reagor (or JJAW/Metcalf).  It's the main reason why he has so few hits on Pro Bowl players he has drafted during his tenure as GM.  He really needs to move further up the chain (since it seems obvious he is Lurie's little lap dog and isn't going anywhere any time soon) and bring in someone else to handle talent evaluation/acquisition.  

Yeah I mean I'll be honest I wasn't huge on JJ. I thought he'd be limited in the NFL and would be a slot player. But hey year one and he's off to a flying start so I was very much wrong. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 4:17 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah me too

• 2 weeks later...