2021 MOCK DRAFT & OFFSEASON with BIG MOVES

dsryan24

Next week's game will hopefully be a loss since Washington is playing to win the division.  Here are some major changes that will be made. This offseason is HUGE one for Mr. Lurie and the team, Doug Pederson keeps his job, but with these changes, major improvement will need to be shown in 2021 or this will be it for him and the rest of the staff. He wants to see a similar turnover like the 2018 49ers to 2019 from having the #2 pick overall, to being 10 minutes away from winning the Super Bowl. A draft class that has immediate impact is also crucial. 

GM- Howie Roseman keeps the same title but is assigned to managing contracts, numbers and the cap, he will have no say on draft decisions. John Dorsey is assigned as President of Player Personnel, Andy Weidl keeps his same role as VP of Player Personnel. Dorsey will have final say on draft decisions.

Coaches- Jim Schwartz fired, Press Taylor demoted to Offensive Assistant QB coach position, and a traditional play calling offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator hired. Josh Hingst, Strength and Conditioning Coach also fired. OC/QB Coach- John DeFillipo DC- Dan Quinn 

Trades-   Zach Ertz traded to Tennesee for 2021 4th & 6th round pick. 

This one I may get a bunch of grief on, but I firmly believe Wentz can be fixed with the proper staff and players around him. We WILL have serious seller's remorse for giving up on him for ONE bad year. With that being said, Jalen Hurts value is at an all time high right now and could be flipped at this point for a first on another team. 

Jalen Hurts traded to Pittsburgh for 2021 1st round pick.

Malik Jackson traded to Kansas City for 2021 6th round pick

Restructured-   DT Fletcher Cox, CB Darius Slay, OG Brandon Brooks, DE Brandon Graham,  K Jake Elliott (save $50 mill in cap space, by salary turned into front loaded bonus money not affecting salary cap)

Released/Retired/Not Returning-   WR Alshon Jeffery, WR DeSean Jackson, WR Marquise Goodwin, OT Jason Peters, S Rodney McLeod, DE Vinny Curry,  CB Nickell Robey-Coleman, OL Matt Pryor, WR JJ Arcega- Whiteside, LB Duke Riley, DE Genard Avery, 

Resigned-  S Jalen Mills (1 year deal), CB CreVon LeBlanc (1 year deal), RB Jordan Howard (1 year deal),  TE Richard Rodgers (1 year deal), QB Nate Sudfeld (1 year deal), LB Alex Singleton(  3 year deal

Free Agents- QB CJ Beathard (2 year deal)

Draft- NO picks being traded for players, firm believe in starting to build in the draft and getting as much draft capital as possible.

1st round (projecting 4th overall)-  Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU- Don't miss on an LSU receiver this time. Chase is better than Jefferson in most people's opinions and should fit in right away as the number 1 receiver. Hopefully Fulgham can be brought back to where he was in the middle of the season, and would bring a deadly 1-2 combo of Chase and Fulgham, with Reagor in the slot where he fits best. G-Ward is a solid backup option that can always fill in, with Watkins and Hightower as depth options. 

1st round (from PIT)- Jevon Holland S Oregon-  Holland is a ball hawk that provides a much needed presence that offenses must be afraid of. Holland comes in and is an upgrade over McLeod and Epps.

2nd round- Jaycee Horn CB South Carolina- an upgrade on the other side of Slay is needed ASAP. Horn will fit in nicely with Slay as prototype boded corners that will fit Dan Quinn's system well.

3rd round- Chris Rumph II EDGE Duke- Much needed depth along the defensive line, as Sweat and Rumph will be the situational pass rushers on the team. Barnett and Graham will continue to provide support on running downs and pass rush help on the inside on 5-2 pass rush situations.

4th round (from TEN)- Tyler Linderbaum OL Iowa- Jason Kelce's replacement is still unknown at this point.  Linderbaum has a similar stature to Kelce and could learn from him for a year and then take over. Driscoll is the RT of the future, maybe even now considering how well he played this year before getting hurt.

5th round- Jabril Cox LB LSU- Depth behind TJ Edwards is needed as he will fill as the Bobby Wagner of this defense. Cox provides nice depth and could compete with Alex Singleton as the 2nd LB on the team, at the least he will be nice depth.

5th round (from DAL)- Charlie Kolar TE Iowa State- Kolar provides nice depth behind Goedert and could compete with Rodgers for the #2 job. Kolar had nice numbers in a short sample this year and trending upwards.

6th round- Jordan Davis DT Georgia- Depth at DT is needed with Malik Jackson gone. Davis could potentially make an impact right away as a Beau Allen type and provide support on running downs.

6th round (from TEN)- Keontay Ingram RB Texas-  Ingram could provide competition for Jordan Howard as the compliment to Miles Sanders. 

6th round (from KC)- Jalen McKenzie OL USC- McKenzie is a versatile offensive lineman that can play the inside and outside. Could potentially be a Vaitai like pick here.

7tn round- Kuony Deng EDGE California- Getting more guys with potential in the later rounds. Deng could be a nice rotational pass rusher that fits into our system.

7th round (COMP)- Deontay Anderson S/LB Houston- Anderson has prototypical size for a box safety, but could be converted to LB a lot like Nate Gerry. 

7th round (COMP)- Reggie Roberson Jr WR SMU- Roberson produced nice numbers at SMU and could potentially land a spot as the last receiver if his numbers translate to the NFL in skill.

DEPTH

OFFENSE

QB- Wentz, Beathard, Sudfeld

RB- Sanders, Howard, Scott, Ingram

WR- Chase*, Fulgham, Reagor, Ward, Hightower, Watkins

TE- Goedert, Rodgers, Kolar

LT- Mailata, Dillard

LG- Seumalo, Herbig

C- Kelce, Linderbaum

RG- Brooks, Driscoll, Pierschbacher

RT- Johnson, Driscoll

DEFENSE

DE- Graham, Sweat

DT- Cox, Davis*

DT- Hargrave, Ridgeway

DE- Barnett,  Rumph*, Deng

LB- Singleton, Taylor, Gerry

LB- Edwards, Cox*, Bradley

CB- Slay, Jacquet

CB- Horn*, James

NB- Maddox, LeBlanc

FS- Holland*, Epps, Ford

SS- Mills, Wallace, Anderson

K- Elliott

P- Johnston

LS- Lovato

PRACTICE SQUAD

OL Jalen McKenzie

RB Elijah Holyfield

OG Sua Opeta

S/LB Deontay Anderson

WR Reggie Roberson

TE Caleb Wilson

WR Deontay Burnett

DE Joe Ostman

Agreed with my buddy @downundermike we should definitely keep Singleton. He’s the best LB we have!

A few things I think; not a fan of Holland plus I think he’ll be a 2nd rounder, Horn on the other hand will be a first rounder with a shot at the top 20, Cox and Davis won’t last that long. I have Cox going third round range.

I do like this draft though! Really good job!

Interesting idea flipping Hurts instead of Wentz via trade! I like the picks you made, but I also agree with Mike and Ray here regarding Alex Singleton and Jabril Cox. Keep Singleton and we would need to use our 3rd rounder if we want Cox.

Great read  - thanks for the thoughts. 

Don't think Barnett or Ridgeway will be her - the cap situation is just to dire. 

Are you assuming McCloud won't be back?

Barnett still has one more year on deal with 5th year option. I did put Singleton in as being resigned.