Say Goodbye to These 10 Eagles After 2020 Season

time2rock

IDK Olave is playing so well right now, I will probably have to target a different round 2 WR as he should move into 1

On 12/30/2020 at 2:01 PM, GreenbleedinNC said:

So there it is   1) Caleb Farley-CB-VT 2- Chris Olave-WR-Ohio St  3-Deonte Brown-OG-Alabama 5-Jamir White-RB-Georgia 5- Jimmy Morrissey-C-Pitt 6-Micah McFadden-ILB-Indiana 7 Tommy Togai- DL3 tech-Ohio St      UDFA Zac Thomas-QB-Appalachian St          Call Lurie,I got this HAHAHAHA   Replace them all with these guys

Idk Olave is playing so well right now I may need to look at a different WR in 2 since this should move him into round 1 somewhere(UGH)

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We basically paid out millions to Djax and Alshon, and for WHAT???? If Wentz/Hurts were on, they would make my grandmother look good as a receiver(that's the point of having an "elite" QB)  

Again though bud... I'm not saying they should bring either back. I'm not saying that I would want either back. I'm just saying I think they will bring one of them back. 

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK the contract situation,we may be stuck with one, but it was up to me,nope I don't want them. Fulgham was playing good ball, thats why we took him out(if you figure that reasoning out please let me know)

I don't think they are stuck with either of them. I think actually cutting both comes with a pretty decent cap saving. I'm just saying unless big changes are made to the FO and coaching staff I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was back. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Again though bud... I'm not saying they should bring either back. I'm not saying that I would want either back. I'm just saying I think they will bring one of them back. 

We'll see. They seem to like "vet presence" even if they don't help. But Goodwin is a "vet" and Fulgham also,so IDK. If we are strapped for cash,those 2 don;t need to come back. Trade Ertz and see what offers we get for Wentz. IDK what their decision at QB is. If hurts had played well last game,then I think the decision would be made. Now that teams have looked at Hurts,he may just be another #2. We could trade them BOTH and start over,since this team has regressed for 3 years. It's going to be "entertaining" to see what moves they make, but it can't get much worse than it is. When your teams gear is 70% off at Fanatics,you are in trouble lol. So I will toss this out. Would you trade Wentz and our 4,5(whatever it is) for pick 2 and maybe a round 4? The Jets would get Wentz and our 4,5 and we could take whichever QB Jax doesn't  and have that 4 pick we don;t have now. I know that's extreme and IDK the jets would do it,but they could get a QB AND have our 4,5 pick. Thats like 2 round 1 picks if Wentz wants out of here(which we don;t know except for rumor). Lots of ways we could go. I have no clue what they will do. I just want to lose tomorrow(I never thought I would ever say this)

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think they are stuck with either of them. I think actually cutting both comes with a pretty decent cap saving. I'm just saying unless big changes are made to the FO and coaching staff I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was back. 

Cutting Jeffery (only going by the pre-June 1 numbers here) would yield $7.98M in cap savings (with a $10.5M dead money hit to the cap).  

Cutting DJax would yield $5.1M in cap savings (with a $5.8M dead money hit to the cap). 

So basically we either pay Jeffery $18.5M to play for us or $10.5M to be gone (and DJax $10.9M to play, $5.8M to be gone).  

With the current cap situation and the need to clear up >$65M, I think it is a no brainer to move on from both of them ($13M is a lot of cap space, and neither player offers anything close to the level of production expected from those salaries).  

Now not sure how those numbers change if we manage to find a trade partner for either (but I also find it hard to believe any team would be willing to take on their current contracts considering their recent injury history and decline in production).  

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

With the current cap situation and the need to clear up >$65M, I think it is a no brainer to move on from both of them ($13M is a lot of cap space, and neither player offers anything close to the level of production expected from those salaries).  

I'm not arguing whether they should or should not return. I don't think either should. I'm just saying with this FO don't rule it out. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not arguing whether they should or should not return. I don't think either should. I'm just saying with this FO don't rule it out. 

With how little production we got out of both of them that would be complete negligence considering the cap situation (we don't have any room for anything not considered a wise move to help the cap and look toward the future).  

49 minutes ago, time2rock said:

With how little production we got out of both of them that would be complete negligence considering the cap situation (we don't have any room for anything not considered a wise move to help the cap and look toward the future).  

It was complete negligence this year too. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It was complete negligence this year too. 

Well they thought they had a strong chance to compete for another title (a lot of outsiders had them as a favorite to win it all), so I can see why they felt the need to take the gamble that they’d stay healthy any help.  Unfortunately they rolled the dice and came up snake eyes. 

20 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Well they thought they had a strong chance to compete for another title (a lot of outsiders had them as a favorite to win it all), so I can see why they felt the need to take the gamble that they’d stay healthy any help.  Unfortunately they rolled the dice and came up snake eyes. 

They rolled the dice on 2 guys the wrong side of 30 both with injury plagued careers.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They rolled the dice on 2 guys the wrong side of 30 both with injury plagued careers.

No doubt.  I was completely against bringing either back (same with JP, etc) ... was really hoping Howie would stand by his statements about the need to recognize when to move on from aging players.  But I’m just saying, i could understand from their perspective they thought they had a championship caliber team and felt they could help (even if we don’t agree with it).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, time2rock said:

No doubt.  I was completely against bringing either back (same with JP, etc) ... was really hoping Howie would stand by his statements about the need to recognize when to move on from aging players.  But I’m just saying, i could understand from their perspective they thought they had a championship caliber team and felt they could help (even if we don’t agree with it).

Yeah I mean problem is there's lots of reasons and excuses they can find for this year. I mean it already seems like Lurie is using them by keeping Howie and Doug. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I mean problem is there's lots of reasons and excuses they can find for this year. I mean it already seems like Lurie is using them by keeping Howie and Doug. 

I suppose after they led us to a championship just 3 years ago I can understand Lurie thinking they deserve a chance to right the ship before casting either off.  If 2021 is a repeat of 2020 I might expect more major changes then.  

Just now, time2rock said:

I suppose after they led us to a championship just 3 years ago I can understand Lurie thinking they deserve a chance to right the ship before casting either off.  If 2021 is a repeat of 2020 I might expect more major changes then.  

At this point I really don't know what Lurie is thinking to justify this. 2018 was a step back, 2019 was another step back and this year has been a huge step back. This team is trending in the wrong direction and Lurie is justifying a return of the main culprits? Jeez.

16 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

At this point I really don't know what Lurie is thinking to justify this. 2018 was a step back, 2019 was another step back and this year has been a huge step back. This team is trending in the wrong direction and Lurie is justifying a return of the main culprits? Jeez.

I don't disagree but I'll bet Lurie is somewhat blinded by the fact that we made the playoffs the past 2 seasons rather than the fact that we were 5-7 (below average) before going on a 4 game roll to squeak into the playoffs last year and 4-6 in 2018 (again below average) before winning 5 of 6 to close out the season and clawing our way into the postseason.  

• Like 1

On 1/1/2021 at 1:53 PM, dawkins4prez said:

I don't see the upside to cutting Malik Jackson, he should be back.  Wouldn't be shocked to see DSJ accept whatever to stick around.

This is my thought. Only way it makes sense to me is if we use a high draft pick on a DT.

Some strange choices as usual, if these are actually the players not returning. At least some of them will do better with other teams. The whole Ertz situation is just weird. 

11 hours ago, ThinkGreen said:

Some strange choices as usual, if these are actually the players not returning. At least some of them will do better with other teams. The whole Ertz situation is just weird. 

They missed the boat on Ertz - they should have traded him last offseason when his value could not have been higher.  They knew they were facing a situation where they either had to up him or extend Goedert - with the cap situation extending both was simply not an option.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

They missed the boat on Ertz - they should have traded him last offseason when his value could not have been higher.  They knew they were facing a situation where they either had to up him or extend Goedert - with the cap situation extending both was simply not an option.  

They kept Celek for 10 years and were probably hoping to keep Ertz. 

On 12/30/2020 at 2:43 PM, jsdarkstar said:

Yep. I have to wonder if other aging vets like Cox and Graham will be released/traded?

I have no clue what the cap implications would be, but if it saves a good chunk of money I think they could try to trade Cox. 

22 hours ago, time2rock said:

Yep, I was calling for Ertz to be traded last season while his value was still high. Hell I was saying I’d include him in a trade for Jalen Ramsey when he was available. And many here (well, on the old board) were acting like it was a ridiculous notion.