Draft Position

Columbus Eagle

Texans CB told to let him have that one lol. They want top five as well 

• Like 1

This game might be reason Eagles lose out on Chase. Officially hate the Titans, and the Texans.

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Texans CB told to let him have that one lol. They want top five as well 

Dolphins own that pick tho

Why do coaches wait to the last second where the kicker can do a test kick? smh

What a finish, AJ Brown and a doink that goes in for the game winning FG

I guess we'll have to settle for 6 (assuming we don't pull off an upset ourselves)

7 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Everyone has went on and on about Eagles passing on Chinn. But Fulton was my guy but they passed on him. Was just there on the coverage to prevent 3rd down conversion. 

overtime!!!

I agree, I was hoping for Fulton when he was still on the board after the Cowboys went with Trevon Diggs in Round 2, but I guess we have our QB now? Who would have thought it would end this badly?

Just now, Jeep_man said:

Wouldnt the no.5 pick come down to a coin toss between Eagles and Bengals ?

Nah there’s something about strength of schedule which I think Eagles get tie breaker there. I could be wrong though.

1 minute ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I agree, I was hoping for Fulton when he was still on the board after the Cowboys went with Trevon Diggs in Round 2, but I guess we have our QB now? Who would have thought it would end this badly?

Yeah it’s a weird feeling. Cause it does seem like maybe Hurts can be a successful pick, but it doesn’t feel good that Eagles finally hit on a player? Lol Very odd feeling 

Of course the raiders are going to go for two...

if the Raiders win and eagles win tonight we will go from #6 to #9

Raiders take the lead. Damn everything is going against the eagles today

44 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

As of 15 min ago, Bo Wulf said If current scores hold:

Eagles win: 8th

Eagles lose: 5th

Does the tiebreaker with Cincy change with an Eagles loss? Last I heard they were 6th. It could affect the strength of schedule. 

4 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Does the tiebreaker with Cincy change with an Eagles loss? Last I heard they were 6th. It could affect the strength of schedule. 

Just from reading draft twitter takes, Looks like Cincy is locked into 5th pick. Best Eagles can do is 6th unless something changes or has changed. Probably have a clearer picture after tonight’s game

At 6 there's still a good shot at landing either Ja'Marr Chase or Devonta Smith. It's not 100%, as I can definitely see the Dolphins and Bengals going WR in the top 5, but if you look at the Bengals roster, they have a much bigger need at OT than WR and Penei Sewell could fall to them at 5.

Here's one scenario without trades:

Jaguars - Lawrence (no brainer)

Jets - Fields (stock boosted with Bowl game)

Dolphins - Smith (reunite with Tua)

Falcons - Wilson (QB of future behind Ryan)

Bengals - Sewell (protect Burrow)

Eagles - Chase? (finally a LSU WR)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

At 6 there's still a good shot at landing either Ja'Marr Chase or Devonta Smith. It's not 100%, as I can definitely see the Dolphins and Bengals going WR in the top 5, but if you look at the Bengals roster, they have a much bigger need at OT than WR and Penei Sewell could fall to them at 5.

Here's one scenario without trades:

Jaguars - Lawrence (no brainer)

Jets - Fields (stock boosted with Bowl game)

Dolphins - Smith (reunite with Tua)

Falcons - Wilson (QB of future behind Ryan)

Bengals - Sewell (protect Burrow)

Eagles - Chase? (finally a LSU WR)

That’s how it’s gonna shake out

19 minutes ago, uncphillyfan said:

That’s how it’s gonna shake out

That's how we hope it shakes out. We could very well be left with Sewell if the Bengals reunite Burrow with Chase. It wouldn't be the smartest move for them given their weak OL, but hey it could happen.

Then again, is trading down still worth it, especially if our backup plan is CB and we could potentially miss out on Surtain and Farley if we move too far down. Cowboys need a CB also.

1 hour ago, kiwieagle said:

#6 or #9

Silly late collapses by Texans and Broncos

Isn't that kinda what bad teams generally do?

Current pick is pretty decent spot. 

DET, CAR, DEN could all potentially trade with the Eagles to get a QB. 

Moving down a couple spots and getting a third would help long term. Especially if Chase, Smith, or Surtain are still projected to be around. 

Remember it's not only the first round. Higher pick in all rounds helps get closer to guys that fall from previous round, easier to trade up as well.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Remember it's not only the first round. Higher pick in all rounds helps get closer to guys that fall from previous round, easier to trade up as well.

Completely agree.  A high first round pick is fun come draft time, but having high picks in the subsequent rounds typically pays off as well - at least in theory.  There should be plenty of god talent still available with their second, for instance.

Screw it trade both QB for a 1st round pick, draft Wilson, get him a WR and an OL with the other 2 first round picks, rest of the draft is defense and OL. Kidding, but that wouldn't shock me from Howie.

Being serious it's a shame they aren't picking higher, but glad they didn't win tonight. Don't let Howie make these picks. Don't trade back unless they get a ransom. Get Chase if he is there.