AFC Wild Card: #7 Colts @ #2 Bills

AlpineEagle

It's amazing how Josh Allen has become better than Carson and how far Carson has regressed. I would've never guessed this would happen.

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

It's amazing how Josh Allen has become better than Carson and how far Carson has regressed. I would've never guessed this would happen.

Bills team is also overall just better than Eagles. They have better talent all over

It's amazing how much better many QBs have gotten than Carson. Worse yet, is they have little interest in fixing him properly.

I'm hoping Rivers throws 4 picks and the Allen steamrolls them putting 45. Then maybe  Indy will be inclined more to get younger at QB.  We have one that can help them 🙂

So Pittman another rookie second round pick receiver having a nice year.... Thanks Howie!!

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It's amazing how much better many QBs have gotten than Carson. Worse yet, is they have little interest in fixing him properly.

And, I'm also not sure he wants to fix his mechanics. I think it's a combination of both.  I think they have let his friendship with Taylor get in the way with them getting him a QB coach that can hold him accountable.

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Bills team is also overall just better than Eagles. They have better talent all over

Allen's decision making has improved tenfold.  He's not forcing things and doing dumb things. His playoff performance against Houston last year was some of the worst decision making I've ever seen from a QB.

And, I'm also not sure he wants to fix his mechanics. I think it's a combination of both.  I think they have let his friendship with Taylor get in the way with them getting him a QB coach that can hold him accountable.

Yeah, if reports are true that he's no coachable, then I'll drive him to the airport myself.

Can we keep the Wentz discussion out of here please? It's all over TATE. Doesn't need to be here too

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Yeah, if reports are true that he's no coachable, then I'll drive him to the airport myself.

I'm also wondering if this delay in firing Press Taylor is related to Wentz still wanting him around. How can they justify keeping Taylor's job after Wentz's regression?  

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Can we keep the Wentz discussion out of here please? It's all over TATE. Doesn't need to be here too

Fair enough. 

I'm also wondering if this delay in firing Press Taylor is related to Wentz still wanting him around. How can they justify keeping Taylor's job after Wentz's regression?  

As strange as it sounds, since they aren't making the necessary changes with Doug and Howie, then I'm all in favor of promoting Taylor to OC. It's clear they don't have a clue, and need to be embarrassed worse than they were this past season. No sense getting a halfway decent OC in here only to be a fall guy next year. Let Taylor go down with the ship.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

As strange as it sounds, since they aren't making the necessary changes with Doug and Howie, then I'm all in favor of promoting Taylor to OC. It's clear they don't have a clue, and need to be embarrassed worse than they were this past season. No sense getting a halfway decent OC in here only to be a fall guy next year. Let Taylor go down with the ship.

True. Chances of the trajectory just shifting back up with the same staff is close to zero. So, that might be the best thing. Maybe Lurie needs more of an embarrassment.  His co-dependent relationship with Howie is something else. I don't know how many personnel execs keep their jobs for over a decade nowadays.

True. Chances of the trajectory just shifting back up with the same staff is close to zero. So, that might be the best thing. Maybe Lurie needs more of an embarrassment.  His co-dependent relationship with Howie is something else. I don't know how many personnel execs keep their jobs for over a decade nowadays.

By and large, I've always liked Lurie as an owner, but he seems to be sniffing himself also. If he tries to be Jerry Jones lite, we are beyond screwed.

Archived