• 60% coaching / 40% Howie
    • 50% coaching / 50% Howie
    • 40% coaching / 60% Howie
    • 30% coaching / 70% Howie
    • 20% coaching / 80% Howie
    • 10% coaching / 90% Howie
    • 0% coaching / 100% Howie
    • Ownership

I know there are a lot of vocal opinions on the topic.  I'm just curious where all of you stand on this.  Thanks

8 minutes ago, Grump99 said:

I know there are a lot of vocal opinions on the topic.  I'm just curious where all of you stand on this.  Thanks

It's a team sport and a competition. There are so many factors that go into winning a football game against a team that is also trying to win the same game that pointing fingers at individuals is just a "feel good" fan overreaction.

• Like 5

You left off ownership. Lurie deserves as much as Howie and Doug. I would give them all equal amounts of the pie.  Lurie has enabled Howie with no accountability. Howie has had bad drafts for years now.  Doug is making boneheaded coaching decisions. It's all bad. Lurie could take a significant step towards fixing it by moving on from Howie and Doug, but so far it sounds like he wants to give them another year. Michael Silver on NFL Network said tonight that Lurie has not made a decision yet regarding anything, so who knows.

I fail to see how not a single player outside of OL has developed/improved in 3 years since Reich left. While I think Howie has made a lot of questionable decisions, I can’t judge most of this year’s players with this current coaching staff that cannot figure out how to play to player’s strengths. The odds of every single player we’ve drafted being a bust is just crazy. 

• Like 1

I put it more on Howie than on the coaching for sure. 

That said I do think there's an issue with player development here and that's on coaching. But that also could be on the picks and the players that are brought in. 

It is also hard to judge this year given the shortened off season and restrictions etc. 

Howie is the #1 answer as of now. If this is allowed to continue into the 2021 league year, the answer changes to Lurie. 

50/50.   If it were any other coach, I would move towards the FO, but I have no faith in Doug based on how he handled this season and last.  He is clearly in over his head, as is Howie.  Combined, they have broken this team.

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

There are so many factors that go into winning a football game 

And the most important factor is talent, so whoever's picking the players is at fault for the lack of talent at WR, LB, CB, and S. 

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

And the most important factor is talent, so whoever's picking the players is at fault for the lack of talent at WR, LB, CB, and S. 

Again, You're confusing success with talent. Success is the most important factor. We have drafted a lot of players with talent that haven't worked out (they didn't have success here). NFL rosters are filled with talent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Again, You're confusing success with talent. Success is the most important factor. We have drafted a lot of players with talent that haven't worked out (they didn't have success here). NFL rosters are filled with talent. 

No, I'm not confusing anything.

Given all things are equal except highly talented players vs mediocre talented players, which team will be most successful?

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

No, I'm not confusing anything.

Given all things are equal except highly talented players vs mediocre talented players, which team will be most successful?

Why don't you ask the 1960 Eagles? Or maybe the 2007 or 2011 Giants?

15 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Why don't you ask the 1960 Eagles? Or maybe the 2007 or 2011 Giants?

So 3 examples in the past 60 years? That isn’t helping the argument. 

Its my fault guys. I couldn't go across the border for my cherry coke zero and had to resort to regular coke zero. Hopefully they will open the borders before Sept and ill stack up for a few years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know.  This question is kind of like asking who started the fire?  The match or the dry sticks?  They both had their fingerprints on this disaster.  Reports are that both will stay, too.  Woo!  

Half on Howie for creating this mess with terrible contracts and bad drafts and half on Doug, who can't seem to be able to coach a little league team with his unimaginative vanilla offense....

• Like 1

I am less interested in blaming someone and having a scapegoat than I am in knowing what can and will be done to fix it. None of these guys got to where they are at by accident.Hell, DP won a Super Bowl as a coach. Sometimes it's harder to coach great players than it is bad ones, so that right there says something. 

If I had to point something out, I would say our drafts. It seems the strategy is to draft players they think will be low maintenance. they draft "culture" over talent. It's actually not a bad philosophy. Many businesses do it. It's just not working here.