If Schwartz leaves, who would you like as the new defensive coordinator?

Ace Nova

If Schwartz leaves, who would you like as the new defensive coordinator?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. If Schwartz leaves, who would you like as the new defensive coordinator?

• Dan Quinn
    • Matt Patricia
    • Other (Name who in thread)
    • Gus Bradley
    • DeMeco Ryans

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

He'd be a solid choice but he is getting HC interviews. 

I like Bradley.  The Chargers' defense have been top 10 the past 3 years under his watch.  

I am all aboard the Marvin Lewis train - I think he will get some HC interviews, but I dont think he will get a HC job.

Doug doesnt want anything to really do with defense, so whoever comes in here will have full reign to do whatever they want on defense, which would be a perfect fit for someone like Lewis.

If the Eagles want Bradley they need to jump quick. Gruden is all over him

15 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

I am all aboard the Marvin Lewis train - I think he will get some HC interviews, but I dont think he will get a HC job.

Doug doesnt want anything to really do with defense, so whoever comes in here will have full reign to do whatever they want on defense, which would be a perfect fit for someone like Lewis.

He shouldn’t get a HC job. He kept his last one way longer than he should have. 0-7 postseason record in 15 years. 

That said, I’d be happy to have him come in as a DC. 

As a mere fan, I do not feel qualified to make this decision.  None of us have the remotest clue what any of these guys know, how they handle managing players and other coaches, how innovative they are in their football thinking, how they collaborate with other coaches and the front office, etc.  All we know are things like a guy seems "fiery”, a guy coached on a team that was successful (or unsuccessful), and a guy seemed to speak the king’s English in his limited number of press conferences or interviews.  I trust a fan poll on this about as much as I trust Johnny Manziel to work hard at his craft.

8 minutes ago, BayAreaLennie said:

As a mere fan, I do not feel qualified to make this decision.  None of us have the remotest clue what any of these guys know, how they handle managing players and other coaches, how innovative they are in their football thinking, how they collaborate with other coaches and the front office, etc.  All we know are things like a guy seems "fiery”, a guy coached on a team that was successful (or unsuccessful), and a guy seemed to speak the king’s English in his limited number of press conferences or interviews.  I trust a fan poll on this about as much as I trust Johnny Manziel to work hard at his craft.

Well of course. As with any business you need to make sure that you have people that mesh well together or at least people that can work together, otherwise it makes for a bad environment and trickles down to the rest of the team. That is why it is hard to listen to people that think that players like DK Metcalf or J Jefferson would have had the same impact here as they did on their current teams. We have no idea of their personality, if they would have clicked here, if they would have understood the same scheme and if the players would have had the same trust in them as they currently do. Anyone that says that they KNOW they would have succeeded here is full of crap.

With that said, we are fans and it is fun to speculate.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BayAreaLennie said:

This is for entertainment purposes only.  But in the upcoming weeks, we should begin to hear about who the Eagles are seriously considering and I'll edit the poll to reflect that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Anyone besides Patricia who doesn't use the same scheme as Schwartz

But the Pencil

I'll take Marvin Lewis, if he doesn't get a HC job (likely the case).

Not sure he'd be a good fit, have no idea what kind of D he likes to run, but I'll add his name since he's now unemployed... Lovie Smith. 

That's not to say that I want him, just throwing his name out there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Not sure he'd be a good fit, have no idea what kind of D he likes to run, but I'll add his name since he's now unemployed... Lovie Smith. 

That's not to say that I want him, just throwing his name out there. 

I would be down with Lovie Smith as well.

I think it has to be someone with extensive DC experience and possible some head coaching experience as well. I dont think that an up and comer will work here.

Anyone remember that video of Bradley chewing out his Seahawk players on the sidelines back when he was a HC candidate for us? TATE was ready to give the Gus Bus full control of the franchise after seeing that.

DeMeco Ryans is my preference.  But since Doug is a HC with an offensive background I'm not sure they would go with someone who would be a first time DC.  So I think it will be someone like Raheem Morris, Dan Quinn or Gus Bradley.

Gus Bradley. Wasn't he on the shortlist as HC at one point?

However, I think everyone here is wrong. They will likely promote the DL coach, Matt Burke. They have been paving the way for his ascension for a year or two now.

He's a wide 9 guy so not much upheaval, and let's face it, the line has been good to great. Save for injuries, this defense could've been a top unit and they have consistently played like their tails were on fire.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Madriver said:

Gus Bradley. Wasn't he on the shortlist as HC at one point?

"All aboard the Gus Bus!”