Dashaun Watson

Right4thePicking

If Watson asks for a trade from the Texans. Would you trade Carson straight up for him?

3 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

If Watson asks for a trade from the Texans. Would you trade Carson straight up for him?

Is this a joke?

I know the Texans have made some questionable decisions in the front office, but with former Patriots executive Nick Caserio on board now, don't expect any more discounts on talented players like they gave the Cardinals for DeAndre Hopkins last year 😂

I would imagine the asking price would have to start at 2 first round picks minimum for a young QB of Watson's caliber under Caserio's watch, with the actual trade price being more. Wentz would be a throw in piece to them.

• Like 1

Would I trade Wentz for DeShaun straight up? In a heartbeat. Will it happen? Not a chance. DeShaun is worth quite a lot more than Wentz.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

No

You’re either joking or you’re a much bigger Wentz ball washer than I realized. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

You’re either joking or you’re a much bigger Wentz ball washer than I realized. 

Was the name calling really needed?

Instead of acting like a child you could have just asked why I said no

• Like 1

If Watson is unhappy with the Texans because they suck, had poor coaching, not much talent, why would anyone on this earth think he would be happy to be traded to Philly who is in a worse situation with keeping Doug as the HC and not much talent on the team? I just see zero sense in trading for Watson. QB is not main problem with this team so clearly trading the future for him is one of the worse things this franchise could do. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

QB is not main problem with this team so clearly trading the future for him is one of the worse things this franchise could do. 

Ooh I don't know... QB is the biggest issue on this team. I agree Howie is a greater issue but the QB position and play is a major issue.

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ooh I don't know... QB is the biggest issue on this team. I agree Howie is a greater issue but the QB position and play is a major issue.

Couldnt disagree more, Ill leave it at that. Next year we will see who was right and who was wrong with which is the bigger problem, Coaching or the QB situation. 

18 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Couldnt disagree more, Ill leave it at that. Next year we will see who was right and who was wrong with which is the bigger problem, Coaching or the QB situation. 

Well we won't as I think both will be back so we still won't know. 

John Marks was talking about this on the Friday "Marks and Reese" show. For some reason Marks threw in two first rounders + Wentz. Yeah no thanks. Watson isn't the end all be all of NFL quarterbacks. Not sure why he would throw in two high draft picks plus Wentz.

• Like 1

Just now, SPIDER-MAN said:

John Marks was talking about this on the Friday "Marks and Reese" show. For some reason Marks threw in two first rounders + Wentz. Yeah no thanks. Watson isn't the end all be all of NFL quarterbacks. Not sure why he would throw in two high draft picks plus Wentz.

Yeah definitely would not do that, no chance. 

1 hour ago, Right4thePicking said:

Wentz and next year's second and a third from this year I could see.

So Wentz plus 2022 second and a 2021 third? Not a chance Houston do that. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Theres no chance Watson agrees to be traded to Philly, its a worse situation then Texans with us having the same FO and Coaching staff. Another EMB member pointed out Watson has a No Trade Clause so he has to agree to the team he gets traded to. I can promise Philly is not on his list. 

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Theres no chance Watson agrees to be traded to Philly, its a worse situation then Texans with us having the same FO and Coaching staff. Another EMB member pointed out Watson has a No Trade Clause so he has to agree to the team he gets traded to. I can promise Philly is not on his list. 

I'm pretty sure I was talking about the trade value there and there's no way they'd take that. 

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm pretty sure I was talking about the trade value there and there's no way they'd take that. 

I get that, my reply was saying the value wont matter since Watson wants to play for a winning team, not a team with the same or even worse situation hes already in which the Eagles are in a worse situation. Watson has all the cards in the deck on where he wants to be traded to, not the Texans and the value they want. 

In the end with the Texans getting a new GM, coach search etc, I think they talk Watson into staying anyways. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wentz is a good qb. He is just in a bad situation. Better gm and better coaching equals success.

Even if both sides wanted this to happen, the salary cap implications appear to make this trade impossible.  

Now, with Watson coming off of his best season as a pro and Wentz coming off his worst, why would the Texans trade Watson for Wentz?

20 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

Wentz is a good qb. He is just in a bad situation. Better gm and better coaching equals success.

A good QB doesn’t have god awful mechanics, leading to terrible accuracy.