Washington's new team name / colors

Emerald Green

Has anyone heard any info on what Washington's new team name might be, new team logo, or if any change in team colors ? I package away my Washington memorabilia for memories of the past. I have team set cards from late 70's to 2000's, and plenty of games on dvd dating back to 1977. Most of my games are against the Cowboys & Eagles. Great Rivalries.

Hopefully they call themselves the Redskins and have the face of a Native American on their helmets

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 1/8/2021 at 8:57 AM, Emerald Green said:

Has anyone heard any info on what Washington's new team name might be, new team logo, or if any change in team colors ? I package away my Washington memorabilia for memories of the past. I have team set cards from late 70's to 2000's, and plenty of games on dvd dating back to 1977. Most of my games are against the Cowboys & Eagles. Great Rivalries.

I've heard they are probably going to keep 'football team'.  Lots of DC folks still call them the Redskins, and I'm not sure that's going to change.  

11 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I've heard they are probably going to keep 'football team'.  Lots of DC folks still call them the Redskins, and I'm not sure that's going to change.  

I read a clickbait article a while back. Washington down to two new name choices.

You open the article:

Football team

Football club

<_<

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

They're still the Washington Football Team in 2021:

So is this what happens for perpetuity? They're still thinking of a new name, accepting submissions, but they continue to be the Washington Football Team for years and years...?

1 hour ago, toolg said:

They're still the Washington Football Team in 2021:

So is this what happens for perpetuity? They're still thinking of a new name, accepting submissions, but they continue to be the Washington Football Team for years and years...?

There's rumors that Jeff Bezos might buy the team. So, that might be the hold up.  If he does buy it, they could be the "Washington BezosMeMuchos".

4 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

There's rumors that Jeff Bezos might buy the team. So, that might be the hold up.  If he does buy it, they could be the "Washington BezosMeMuchos".

Right. I heard some of those rumors too, as Bezos owns the Washington Post. So then Snyder is punting a new name, hoping to sell the team, so the new owner picks the name. Maybe?

I would still go for this, keeping the team colors, however in doing so:

washington-federals-logo.gif.251a7676259b76b9a9fdf53611e44b47.gif

For those for don't/are too young to remember, this was the name of the former USFL franchise that played in Washington in 1983 and '84 before becoming the Orlando Renegades for their final USFL season. 

Don't care what name they get but I am glad they are going to pick a new one next year. Can't stand Washington Football Team

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

If Snyder is making the name change, I think he'll go with Washington Warriors.

He already trademarked that name a long time ago and it actually rolls off the tongue decently. They could use a similar type mascot and color scheme with the Warriors theme if they wanted to.

8 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Why would anyone sell their stake knowing that little weasel is going to turn around and flip it for 1.5x?

15 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Best news this offseason for eagles fans.  At least Washington will also still suck.

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Best news this offseason for eagles fans.  At least Washington will also still suck.

Yeah.  We are doing SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than them right now

• Haha 1

On 2/25/2021 at 1:29 PM, Wallyhorse said:

I would still go for this, keeping the team colors, however in doing so:

washington-federals-logo.gif.251a7676259b76b9a9fdf53611e44b47.gif

That thing looks like an Eagle to me.

Do you have any ideas that aren't terrible?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/25/2021 at 1:56 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

That thing looks like an Eagle to me.

Do you have any ideas that aren't terrible?

The Federals name makes the most sense.  Incorporating the Football Team colors into it also makes sense.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

The Federals name makes the most sense.  Incorporating the Football Team colors into it also makes sense.

But having a logo which incorporates an EAGLE into it makes ZERO sense. 

• Thanks 1