Trey Lance (North Dakota State QB) -- DRAFTED BY SAN FRANCISCO #3

Ray75

23 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh absolutely I could see that. Mind you I think Howie may feel a little stung by NDSU.

Nah, I don't think he'll care about the NDSU connection. Howie is a guy who falls in love hard, if he falls for Lance, nothing is stopping him from drafting him.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:14 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Anyone see the DJ mock? He's got Wilson at #2, Lance at #4 and Fields going to the Panthers at like #7/8.

Hey buddy. I agree with DJ here. Sorry!

Fields and Lance are very similar prospects. Same type of skill set, same type of QB.

Although Fields played for a big time college program and faced tougher competition, I feel Lance is better at processing, a better decision maker if you will, has a quicker release and a stronger arm. Fields gets favorably compared to Watson while the raw potential Lance has reminds some of Mahomes and Allen coming out. The team that drafts him will be betting on that kind of upside and knows he’s a project and not a finished product yet. It wouldn’t surprise me if Lance gets selected by the right team with the right coaching staff to develop him, many teams will be regretting passing up on him in a couple of years. Again; he’s very raw but all the physical tools are there. If a team unlocks that untapped potential, watch out. It’s gonna take time though.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Hey buddy. I agree with DJ here. Sorry!

Fields and Lance are very similar prospects. Same type of skill set, same type of QB.

Although Fields played for a big time college program and faced tougher competition, I feel Lance is better at processing, a better decision maker if you will, has a quicker release and a stronger arm. Fields gets favorably compared to Watson while the raw potential Lance has reminds some of Mahomes and Allen coming out. The team that drafts him will be betting on that kind of upside and knows he’s a project and not a finished product yet. It wouldn’t surprise me if Lance gets selected by the right team with the right coaching staff to develop him, many teams will be regretting passing up on him in a couple of years. Again; he’s very raw but all the physical tools are there. If a team unlocks that untapped potential, watch out. It’s gonna take time though.

If the Eagles couldn't even properly develop Wentz with his raw potential, I'm not sure if I want them drafting another raw prospect in Lance.

Jalen Hurts is already a raw prospect to begin with and they already invested a 2nd round pick in him. Bring in a veteran QB like Tyrod Taylor to compete with him and if we have another losing season we can address franchise QB in the 2022 draft with hopefully someone less raw.

On 2/19/2021 at 2:57 PM, D-Shiznit said:

Nah, I don't think he'll care about the NDSU connection. Howie is a guy who falls in love hard, if he falls for Lance, nothing is stopping him from drafting him.

4 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

If the Eagles couldn't even properly develop Wentz with his raw potential, I'm not sure if I want them drafting another raw prospect in Lance.

Jalen Hurts is already a raw prospect to begin with and they already invested a 2nd round pick in him. Bring in a veteran QB like Tyrod Taylor to compete with him and if we have another losing season we can address franchise QB in the 2022 draft with hopefully someone less raw.

What? Wait! I never said I want them to take a QB at 6. As a matter of fact it’s the complete opposite; I want them to roll with Hurts. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I have no interest in Lance either, but this is a completely new coaching staff, so not sure it should be expected that we’d fail to develop a raw prospect.  Anyway, looking forward to seeing what they can do with Hurts.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Hard pass

I'm not sure I'd go hard pass. He intrigues me as a prospect. I think he has the tools but hey Carson did too.

• Like 1

I hope we wont take a QB, why not just give Jalen Hurts a chance ? If he flops we will be picking high anyway next year,  then we can make a well thought-out investment on a QB. Madness to pick another QB with the first pick this year.  Just grab JaMar Chase or a top tier WR with the 1st pick...

4 hours ago, Talonblood said:

The Lowie QB factory probably takes Trey or Zack.

Yikes. You're probably right with those two. I hope you're wrong. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yikes. You're probably right with those two. I hope you're wrong. 

Me too.

On 2/22/2021 at 2:21 PM, judunno said:

WOOOOO NORTH DAKOTAAAAAAA

North Dakota State*

May not seem like much, but imagine referring to a wolverines player as an MSU guy, it's not a pretty thing

On 2/24/2021 at 3:14 PM, Aerolithe_Lion said:

North Dakota State*

May not seem like much, but imagine referring to a wolverines player as an MSU guy, it's not a pretty thing

Same state same thing as in... who cares about North Dakota :D.

• 2 weeks later...

His delivery is a lot more compact, they said they were working on it for the past little while.

I have that ackward feeling Lance just might be the pick at #6 and Hurts will be his placeholder until he’s ready to be handed the keys.

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

I have that ackward feeling Lance just might be the pick at #6 and Hurts will be his placeholder until he’s ready to be handed the keys.

🤢🤮

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Infam said:

🤢🤮

Yeah, I know.

To be clear, not want them to but the thought that in a couple of years they realise that they passed up on a very good, maybe even elite QB in the vein of Allen en Mahomes did cross my mind.

• Like 1

If we take Lance with the 6th pick it will just be further proof that the goofballs at the top of this organization have no clue as to what they are doing.  

13 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If we take Lance with the 6th pick it will just be further proof that the goofballs at the top of this organization have no clue as to what they are doing.  

Wouldn't say it's "further" proof, but that looks like a big mistake to me too.

Whichever of Fields or Lance is there at #6 will be picked, no doubt about it.

Intrigue is if both are on the board at #6, still think Lance would have the edge.

31 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Whichever of Fields or Lance is there at #6 will be picked, no doubt about it.

Intrigue is if both are on the board at #6, still think Lance would have the edge.

Sorry if Fields and Lance are both there at 6 and Howie does decide to shoot himself in both feet by drafting QB again, there's no way you can take Lance over Fields. Lance has done what every NDSU QB does, wins the FCS title by rolling over weak ass overmatched opponents, he looked good while doing it I'll grant you, but given Fields resume is against a higher level of opposition, if he has a choice he has to take Fields.

• Like 1