Trey Lance (North Dakota State QB) -- DRAFTED BY SAN FRANCISCO #3

Ray75

35 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Sorry if Fields and Lance are both there at 6 and Howie does decide to shoot himself in both feet by drafting QB again, there's no way you can take Lance over Fields. Lance has done what every NDSU QB does, wins the FCS title by rolling over weak ass overmatched opponents, he looked good while doing it I'll grant you, but given Fields resume is against a higher level of opposition, if he has a choice he has to take Fields.

I agree with this. If we absolutely have to use the 6th pick on a QB because of Roseman's "QB factory", I'd rather see Fields be the pick than Lance. Even with the whole "Ohio State QBs bust in the NFL" thing, I'd rather take a chance on a QB from a reputed D1 program than another NDSU prospect with a pick that high.

Hopefully there is some truth to Lurie's mandate that the team should build around Jalen Hurts for this season instead of creating a QB competition. Even if Hurts crashes and burns this year, whoever we pick up at another position should theoretically help the next QB (I doubt we go defense at 6 with the guys projected to be available, but stranger things have happened). Whether it's Chase, Smith, Pitts, Waddle, or Sewell, all of those guys should help the offense.

• 1 month later...