If the Cowboys move on from Dak.....

Wallyhorse

Would the Cowboys move on from Dak rather than pay him the big money given his injury?

If that happens, this could where this three-way deal could come into play:

Deshaun Watson to the Jets, possibly with the Cowboys and/or Texans also sending a pick or two to the Jets,
Sam Darnold and a Seattle first the Jets have (this or next year) to the Cowboys
Pick #2 (Jets) and #10 (Cowboys) to the Texans.

I could see the Cowboys do that and have Andy Dalton and Darnold on relatively low-money contracts next year and let Dak go elsewhere, allowing the Cowboys to repurpose the Dak money on free agents elsewhere. 

they aint moving on from him, they sucked w/out him, he'll get paid

• Like 2

2 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

they aint moving on from him, they sucked w/out him, he'll get paid

They sucked with him as well

• Like 4

In before the move to "Around the NFL" since this has nothing to do with the Eagles

1 hour ago, Br3 said:

They sucked with him as well

Specifically their defense..gave up almost 50 to browns at home

3 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

they ain't moving on from him, they sucked w/out him, he'll get paid

Dak is not that good. How could he good if he lost against a banged up Eagles team last year. He's not worth what he wants. They'd be worse paying him.

I swear to god, one of these days, Wally. Your whacked out brain is gonna get one of these crazy three ways right and you’re gonna look like EMB Einstein 

• Haha 1

some of yoots are beyond  stupid, dallas had a potent offense with him and oh yeah, he;s better than wentz this year too

• Like 1

Wally must be a jets fan. Literally every NFL move he makes up in his head involves the Jets

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Wally must be a jets fan. Literally every NFL move he makes up in his head involves the Jets

He must be preparing. I told him if he didn't stop promoting crazy trade ideas, we were going to trade him to the Jets message board.

• Haha 1

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

He must be preparing. I told him if he didn't stop promoting crazy trade ideas, we were going to trade him to the Jets message board.

I saw that one lol. We are gonna do a three way trade during 60 minutes!!

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

I saw that one lol. We are gonna do a three way trade during 60 minutes!!

On the same day they undecorate the tree at Rockafeller Center!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

In before the move to "Around the NFL" since this has nothing to do with the Eagles

Oops!

That's where I had meant to post it.

37 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Actually, it's all about a landing spot for Darnold coupled with the possibility the Jets are the most likely to land Deshaun Watson because they have the #2 pick the Texans could use on a QB.  

I could see the Cowboys as said move on from Prescott (someone desperate enough will pay through the nose for Dak) and use his cap space saved by trading for Darnold and using the rest to shore up the defense. 

Gerrah is about to open his checkbook. He said that since the Cowboys were so bad that "Dak has all the leverage".  They'll tag him again, I would not be surprised if they agreed on a long-term deal.

14 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Gerrah is about to open his checkbook. He said that since the Cowboys were so bad that "Dak has all the leverage".  They'll tag him again, I would not be surprised if they agreed on a long-term deal.

How can Dak possibly have "all the leverage?" They can probably sign Dalton for about half of what Dak wants, and they're about same player. Plus he is 29-26 since his rookie year. When he had players missing, he looked bad. Jerry would be stupid to pay Dak.

4 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

How can Dak possibly have "all the leverage?" They can probably sign Dalton for about half of what Dak wants, and they're about same player. Plus he is 29-26 since his rookie year. When he had players missing, he looked bad. Jerry would be stupid to pay Dak.

Which describes most QBs. 

30 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Which describes most QBs. 

Everyone knows you are not elite unless you can win a super bowl with absolute garbage. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Everyone knows you are not elite unless you can win a super bowl with absolute garbage. 

Exactly!  If Tyreke Hill and Travis Kelce have season ending inuries this weekend, and Mahomes still wins the SB, then maybe we can start bring him into the elite conversation.  

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2021 at 6:18 PM, Wallyhorse said:

Would the Cowboys move on from Dak rather than pay him the big money given his injury?

If that happens, this could where this three-way deal could come into play:

Deshaun Watson to the Jets, possibly with the Cowboys and/or Texans also sending a pick or two to the Jets,
Sam Darnold and a Seattle first the Jets have (this or next year) to the Cowboys
Pick #2 (Jets) and #10 (Cowboys) to the Texans.

I could see the Cowboys do that and have Andy Dalton and Darnold on relatively low-money contracts next year and let Dak go elsewhere, allowing the Cowboys to repurpose the Dak money on free agents elsewhere. 

yes

On 1/12/2021 at 6:00 AM, gameshowfan91 said:

This is absolute nonsense, through 5 games this year Prescott was on pace for over 6000 yards and 31 TD's, plus another 7 or 8 rushing TD's,  Dalton was pacing for about 3600 and 24 passing TD's and is no sort of threat with his legs,  the yards per attempt dropped a full 2 yards with Dalton in there.

I hate Dallarse as much as anyone but Dallas would be in the play offs if Dak stays healthy, he would've wiped the floor with us in the Dinucci game.

On 1/9/2021 at 9:32 PM, DeathByEagle said:

Shutup lady

10 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

This is absolute nonsense, through 5 games this year Prescott was on pace for over 6000 yards and 31 TD's, plus another 7 or 8 rushing TD's,  Dalton was pacing for about 3600 and 24 passing TD's and is no sort of threat with his legs,  the yards per attempt dropped a full 2 yards with Dalton in there.

I hate Dallarse as much as anyone but Dallas would be in the play offs if Dak stays healthy, he would've wiped the floor with us in the Dinucci game.

Gameshow spends more time crying about other teams QBs then he does the eagles. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if the Matthew Stafford rumors affect this at all.  Stafford is literally from Dallas.   He's signed for a few years, and his base salary is not too bad.  I'm not a cap expert, but I think the "dead cap" from Detroit would cover his signing bonus that is still owed which would make him much cheaper than Dak, and probably easier to sign.  

As for Dak, I would tag him, then package him up in a deal with Detroit.  Something like Dak for Stafford and a pick?

On 1/9/2021 at 10:18 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

Dak is not that good. How could he good if he lost against a banged up Eagles team last year. He's not worth what he wants. They'd be worse paying him.

Because he was banged up as well?  Dude wasn't a lock to play going into that week.