AFC Divisional: #6 Browns @ #1 Chiefs

AlpineEagle

12 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

At the end of the day, like others have said, the browns Being the browns is one of those things we come to expect and drafting johnny football was just one little part of it.  And really Manziel never tried to hide who he was which was a talented athlete who loved football but loved the high life more.  That was on the browns for drafting a kid like that

Can't really blame the front office for that one. It was a homeless guy who told them what they should do. Who were they to disagree?

27 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Can't really blame the front office for that one. It was a homeless guy who told them what they should do. Who were they to disagree?

Lmao.  I totally forgot about that...

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

So is the fumble out of the end zone, resulting in a touchback, the worst rule in football? Browns fans think so.😆

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-victimized-worst-rule-football-213956112.html

I think most people would agree that it is. Why should the opposing team get possession of a ball because it went out of bounds in the endzone. 

2 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

So is the fumble out of the end zone, resulting in a touchback, the worst rule in football? Browns fans think so.😆

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-victimized-worst-rule-football-213956112.html

Browns player shouldn't have tried to extend ball to end zone from far away and live for another play. This player knew risk and rule.

1 hour ago, pisceschica said:

I think most people would agree that it is. Why should the opposing team get possession of a ball because it went out of bounds in the endzone. 

Because endzone is a different part of field and gives defense a chance to make a stop in scoring position. Why do you think teams get a safety if they don't get out of endzone? 

1 hour ago, pisceschica said:

I don't. I think the rule makes sense. It's been that way for years. No need to change it now. 

The real issue on that play was the helmet to helmet contact. It should have been first and goal instead of the touchback. 

10 hours ago, pisceschica said:

I think the worst rule is on a kickoff, if the receiving team has a player step out with one foot, and keeps one foot in and touches the football first, it counts as an illegal procedure penalty.

I would also say the fair catch free kick is a bad rule as it’s so random and doesn’t seem to make sense.

2 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

I would also say the fair catch free kick is a bad rule as it’s so random and doesn’t seem to make sense.

It's not as random as you think. On EVERY fair catch, the receiving team has the option to take the ball at that spot and begin a new series of downs....or attempt to kick the ball from that spot through the goal posts for three points. It is customary for teams to want to have the ball to begin a possession, but that doesn't mean that there is somehow something random going on. The rule is always in place. 

On 1/18/2021 at 10:48 AM, pisceschica said:

I love that rule to be honest. The endzone is a different animal and it emphasizes the need to protect the ball near the goal line. Very few rules benefit the defense. I’m glad this one does. 

Archived