Brian Daboll (Bills OC) -- STAYING IN BUFFALO

Godfather

10 hours ago, Macho Grande said:

First time watching a Bills game this year,  just so I could see what all the Daboll hype was about.  1 TD on 220 yards of offense.  Even our pathetic offense did far better against the Ravens this season.  Have to say I won't be losing any sleep over it if the Eagles don't sign him.  

It’s ONE game on a cold, windy night that turned into a defensive battle. I’ve seen Buffalo play quite often this year and they’ve been very impressive.

• Like 1

Daboll expected to sign with the Chargers after the Bills season is over? I mean I can't blame him if he does take that job. I think that's an exciting young team with a bright future because they seem to have hit on a really really good young QB.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Daboll expected to sign with the Chargers after the Bills season is over? I mean I can't blame him if he does take that job. I think that's an exciting young team with a bright future because they seem to have hit on a really really good young QB.

Chargers hired Brandon Staley last night.

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Daboll is the best candidate available IMO.

Bowles interviewing today.

22 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Not sure if it is speculation or if there is legit info that Daboll will be staying in Buffalo another year.  

I get a strong gut feeling we are going to hire Josh McDaniels.  

41 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Not sure if it is speculation or if there is legit info that Daboll will be staying in Buffalo another year.  

I get a strong gut feeling we are going to hire Josh McDaniels.  

I get that Josh McDaniels feeling, too.....if they don't stick with Duce.

Interesting name today on Good Morning Football for Houston.  Leslie Frazier.

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

I'm just not sure how much of Allen's improvement is Daboll and how much is Allen himself (and the acquisition of Diggs).  My concern is that he is getting too much credit.

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Yeah sorry not sure why I thought they had hired Daboll. I guess they can't hire him yet because his season is still underway. Eagles may be the only job left by the time the Bills are done for the year.

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I don’t want Bowles but he does have a good reputation as a great talent evaluator. 

23 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I don’t want Bowles but he does have a good reputation as a great talent evaluator. 

Indeed! Problem is with all these defensive minded guys, if the emphasis is to salvage CW, who’ll they bring in to do that?!

A lot of buzz McDaniels will be the next HC. 

7 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

And that’s that. I’m sure Howie and Lurie’s meddling had something to do with it. Also, I’m sure he has Belichick in his ear telling him to stay far away from this sinking ship. 

34 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

And that’s that. I’m sure Howie and Lurie’s meddling had something to do with it. Also, I’m sure he has Belichick in his ear telling him to stay far away from this sinking ship. 

Then why did Belichick let McDaniels interview? Is he setting Josh up to fail :-)

2 hours ago, Macho Grande said:

There was buzz earlier about this. 

Can you blame him?  

We're going to offer the job to McDaniels.  He's going to pull off another "Indy Upset Special".  Then afterward we'll offer it to Duce, and he is going to tell Lurie to kiss his ass and walk.  

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Then why did Belichick let McDaniels interview? Is he setting Josh up to fail :-)

I was talking about Daboll.

He might want to get rid of McDaniels.

Nobody wants to work with Howie...LOL!!! Serves Lurie right for keeping that failed fantasy football GM.

• Like 2

Interestingly, Daboll is actually from the Buffalo area, so maybe he's not crazy about jumping on a HC offer unless he is impressed with what he sees? He's already part of a team that is young and competitive.

On 1/18/2021 at 3:23 PM, time2rock said:

There was buzz earlier about this. 

Can you blame him?  

We're going to offer the job to McDaniels.  He's going to pull off another "Indy Upset Special".  Then afterward we'll offer it to Duce, and he is going to tell Lurie to kiss his ass and walk.  

Yeah I could be wrong but I get the feeling Duce will either be the head coach, or he’ll be gone. Passed over for HC once already, several times for OC. If he gets passed over again, I just can’t see him sticking. 

On 1/18/2021 at 10:12 PM, PoconoDon said:

Nobody wants to work with Howie...LOL!!! Serves Lurie right for keeping that failed fantasy football GM.

Also, I would bet McDermott warned him.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yeah I could be wrong but I get the feeling Duce will either be the head coach, or he’ll be gone. Passed over for HC once already, several times for OC. If he gets passed over again, I just can’t see him sticking. 

Exactly

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Hoping that we're just waiting for Daboll to get eliminated or win it all

Ive said it a few times. Eagles could be doing just that. Brian has said he wont interview till his season is over. The Eagles are just interviewing just about everyone. Honestly why not. They have time and if you really think someone on one of the playoff teams is your guy then wait. While you wait keep interviewing and get as much advice/info out there that you can. If the guy you were waiting for doesnt turn out you have plenty to choose from that you interviewed. Not like any other team is taking your guy at this point. 

• Like 1

Not every coach wants to be a Head Coach. Some are perfectly happy being a coordinator or position coach. How many career O-line coaches have come through here in the past 20 years? A few I'd say. Now, those coaches who do want to be a Head Coach, and have the chops to do so, understand that they don't want to go to a bad situation, and they will wait for a good one to come up.  The Eagles are a bad situation because of the F.O. meddling. I doubt that they will attract a great HC Candidate as long as Howie the failed Fantasy GM controls player personnel. Overall, since 2016 his drafts have been abysmal. 

5 drafts:

36 players selected:

# of 1st team All-Pro players:  0  % = 0.0%

# of 2nd team All-Pro players: 0  % = 0.0%

#of Pro Bowl players:  1 (Wentz) -  Who has regressed and look to be on his way out of town. % = 2.7%

# of starters: 6 w/Hurts (7 if Wentz counted too.) % = 16.6% (or 19.4%)

By their own admission average draft performance is hitting on about 50% of 1st rounders and a little less as the draft goes on. Let's call it 40% overall is an average draft performance (3 out of 7 picks each year.)

Under Howie they are at most, and that's being kind, currently at just under 1/2 that good. That's right, Howie's drafts are slightly less than 1/2 AVERAGE. So after 5 drafts, how is he still anywhere near anything to do with player evaluation and selection?

Lurie + Howie = 100% brain dead zombie decision making.

With all of Jeffrey Lurie's meta-analysis, how can he miss the fact that Howie's cumulative draft grade is a little under 1/2 of an average grade? Put another way, if an average grade in any academic course in America were 75%, Howie is proudly holding a failing grade of 37.5%!!

As a fan, this feels a lot like when Norman Braman was working against the success of the team through a combo of intentionally bad decisions and downgrading the coaching staff, and then he came out and stated it publicly on local tv. I've seen this sh** show before and it makes a filthy sewer look like a clean room in a high tech lab by comparison.

Also as a fan, I want Daboll because he's the best candidate for what the Eagles need, but only if Howie is 100% out of the  picture, otherwise it's a trap and he'll fail.

If I'm Daboll I pass on the Eagles and wait for a better situation, or at worst, go through an interview with them to drive up the price for another suitor.

• Like 1