Brian Daboll (Bills OC) -- STAYING IN BUFFALO

Godfather

Doug is gone! Lurie seems to want a offensive minded coach. Daboll has done a great job in Buffalo with Allen. Allen and Wentz have lot of similarities. Howie and Daboll share the same agent

Josh Allen’s transformation under Daboll has been remarkable.  Assuming this firing of Doug signals that we are keeping Wentz, he is going to need a coach that will insist on him fixing his mechanics. 

Damn you Godfather!  Beat me by 2 lousy minutes.  I stated the same thread.  But my commentary was far superior.

My Top choice here

We know that he ran 100% of the offense in Buffalo. He didnt have an offensive HC above him taking control like Doug and Eric were in KC. Not to mention he has done a very good job with Josh Allen and turning him into a top NFL QB. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VeeMak said:

Damn you Godfather!  Beat me by 2 lousy minutes.  I stated the same thread.  But my commentary was far superior.

I kept it short to beat anyone thinking of making the same thread! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

In before the merge

Taking much longer to merge than I thought.  Fairly certain the mods are calculating the fact that I put more thought into my comments before I started this thread than @Godfather and may decide to merge his thread into mine due to his lackluster effort.  He is the Ricky Watters of EMB.  "Put a lot of words into the thread?  For what? For who?”

After watching Lurie's presser, Daboll should be the favorite imo

He’s doing great with Allen. It’s about what have you done lately but has anyone looked at what he did pre-Bills?

1 minute ago, Jenkins27 said:

He’s doing great with Allen. It’s about what have you done lately but has anyone looked at what he did pre-Bills?

As coach:
Career highlights and awards

2 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Bills OC since 2018. OC for the Browns(2 yrs), Dolphins(1 yr), Chiefs(1 year), and Bama in 2017

Btw, Roll Tide:towel:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

5x SB champion and has worked under Belichick and Saban. 

10 hours ago, Godfather said:

Doug is gone! Lurie seems to want a offensive minded coach. Daboll has done a great job in Buffalo with Allen. Allen and Wentz have lot of similarities. Howie and Daboll share the same agent

I would have to imagine he's very high on the FO list of coaches he wants. His resume is pretty impressive and he already is in the mix for the Chargers and Jets jobs. I think Doug Pederson ultimately will land on his feet somewhere and land one of these jobs (Jets seem most likely with Joe Douglas connection), which would increase the odds of us landing whoever the FO is targeting. It's not very often you see a head coach that recently won a Super Bowl be available for hire like this.

The Chargers job would be a tough one to compete with though. They have what looks like a franchise QB in Herbert on a rookie deal and a good amount of talent on both sides of the ball. Tough division for sure with the Chiefs there, but I would still imagine it's a desirable spot.

I haven't looked hard at who is out there, but this guy is a legit candidate and looks good to me. He is the BRAIN!!!!

Spoiler

Brain Daboll HC (Buffalo Bills OC)

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

5x SB champion and has worked under Belichick and Saban. 

Could be 6x after this season is done. Bills offense and defense is looking good. 

• Like 1

Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll is reportedly the "favorite" to take over as the Los Angeles Chargers' new head coach.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Saturday the Chargers are waiting for the Bills' playoff run to end so they can begin formal negotiations with Daboll, who emerged as their top choice after nine interviews for the vacant position.

He is definitely a guy I’d be interested in. Are we positive he is to credit for josh Allen? Sincerely asking...

This dude has called 1 running play in the entire first half of this playoff game vs Baltimore. That is not a typo. 1 called run. On a pretty windy night in Buffalo. 

is this what ya’ll want? A 23 to 1 pass to run ratio? In a playoff game? With winds obviously affecting the kicking game and deep passing game?

3 minutes ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

This dude has called 1 running play in the entire first half of this playoff game vs Baltimore. That is not a typo. 1 called run. On a pretty windy night in Buffalo. 

is this what ya’ll want? A 23 to 1 pass to run ratio? In a playoff game? With winds obviously affecting the kicking game and deep passing game?

You have to look at game plans based off teams you are playing. Now I agree he has gone away from the run too much. Yes you can open up the run game with the pass but I still like some runs in there to keep the defense honest. 

But Im sure the game plan was to pass more due to the Ravens blitzing, run stopping defense(Look how they destroyed the Titans run game) and the fact they lost their top RB last week. However I think its gotten away from him in this half. 

12 hours ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

Is that what happened all year? No.

Bills rushing attempts = 411   Opponents avg. rushing attempts = 414.  

Bills passing attempts = 596  Opponents avg. passing attempts = 573.

Daboll isn't Reid. Don't make him out to be.

Also is Singletary a workhorse back? If not, then passing a little more makes sense. 

Yeah ok. I’m sure nobody here would be crying their eyes out at the (incredibly overrated btw) pass to run ratio. I’m sure everybody would be TOTALLY forgiving about it. 

4051AB11-CCB8-4A29-A7CE-E39BEEB04CEE.gif

2 hours ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

Yeah ok. I’m sure nobody here would be crying their eyes out at the (incredibly overrated btw) pass to run ratio. I’m sure everybody would be TOTALLY forgiving about it. 

4051AB11-CCB8-4A29-A7CE-E39BEEB04CEE.gif

I'm sure there would be upset people but at the same time everyone knows the Ravens defense crushes the Run we saw it last week against the Titans. So there's no doubt in my mind his expectation was to start off passing the ball more to try and open up the Run game  later. Now the Titans adjusted and actually had nine runs in the second half which is still not a lot but better and they started scoring. In the end he's in the conference Championship game for the AFC and we're sitting here talking about who our next coach will be.

First time watching a Bills game this year,  just so I could see what all the Daboll hype was about.  1 TD on 220 yards of offense.  Even our pathetic offense did far better against the Ravens this season.  Have to say I won't be losing any sleep over it if the Eagles don't sign him.  

Just us and the Texans left.

What do y'all think about him being a booth playcaller? The Bills offense really took off when he switch from being on the field to being up in the booth.