Lincoln Riley (Oklahoma HC) -- STAYING AT OKLAHOMA

Godfather

Him and Howie are friends. I think it's a longshot but who knows. It'll probably take lots of money to get him out if Norman. Seems to be a hot name out there. He's done a great job with the qbs that have come and gone. All of which have different styles of play then the other.

• Like 1

He would be a fool to leave Oklahoma for Philly. I would take him but I don't think he would want this job. I think he waits one more year and enters pros next year. Probably to draft Spencer Rattler lol

1 minute ago, philafan4o8 said:

He would be a fool to leave Oklahoma for Philly. I would take him but I don't think he would want this job. I think he waits one more year and enters pros next year. Probably to draft Spencer Rattler lol

Rattler is going to be a stud. He struggled earlier in the year but that's expected. I think he's happy in Norman

3 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Eagles have already reached out to Lincoln Riley 

If I had a nickel for every reporter/media person who claimed someone from the Eagles did something, said something etc just to get click bait :)

18 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

If I had a nickel for every reporter/media person who claimed someone from the Eagles did something, said something etc just to get click bait 🙂

I think he's a longshot. He seems pretty happy in Norman

They absolutely should be looking at Lincoln Riley as their #1 target. Of course they need to interview him and they need to do their due diligence but I do think he should be their #1 target. The real question is: Will Riley have any interest in the job? I have my doubts.

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They absolutely should be looking at Lincoln Riley as their #1 target. Of course they need to interview him and they need to do their due diligence but I do think he should be their #1 target. The real question is: Will Riley have any interest in the job? I have my doubts.

It sure sounds like he does.

He is said to have a very good relationship developed with Roseman (shocker, I know..).

He spoke very glowingly about Hurts and Reagor.

And think about it: If you have cultivated this over two years, and have reportedly spoken with him about his interest in the Eagles before: Why would he be Rosemans first call same day DP gets fired if there was no interest? There has to be a legit shot for him, or this wouldn't have played out the way it did.

• Like 1

Just now, Infam said:

It sure sounds like he does.

He is said to have a very good relationship developed with Roseman (shocker, I know..).

He spoke very glowingly about Hurts and Reagor.

And think about it: If you have cultivated this over two years, and have reportedly spoken with him about his interest in the Eagles before: Why would he be Rosemans first call same day DP gets fired if there was no interest? There has to be a legit shot for him, or this wouldn't have played out the way it did.

I have to question Riley if he has a good relationship with Howie Roseman to be honest. That gives me legitimate doubts about whether he would be a good candidate for the job. And I know that may sound crazy but Howie is a weasel and I can't imagine any good person having a good relationship with that guy. 

• Haha 2

We have a better chance of drafting Trevor Lawrence than getting Lincoln Riley. Give it up

No chance he comes here, not after Doug just said he’s tired of people telling him what to do.

There’s no way Riley wants to be micromanaged by nerd Howie Roseman. 

• Haha 1

I'm not sold yet.  He's the exciting name right now, but his Air Raid offense is no guarantee in the NFL.  

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I have to question Riley if he has a good relationship with Howie Roseman to be honest. That gives me legitimate doubts about whether he would be a good candidate for the job. And I know that may sound crazy but Howie is a weasel and I can't imagine any good person having a good relationship with that guy. 

You have an unhealthy level of disdain for Howie.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I'm not sold yet.  He's the exciting name right now, but his Air Raid offense is no guarantee in the NFL.  

I'd argue it's probably an appropriate level of disdain 😄

I do agree that going the college HC route is riskier, but if we do go that route I would prefer Riley.

14 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Rattler seems like such a Gruden/Raiders type pick based just on the name alone!  :lol:

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Roseman.PNG

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Infam said:

:o

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

If Riley does come here does that mean that Wentz is done?

It would seem like a safe assumption that he'd favor Hurts who he coached in college but you never know.  And who knows if one of the expectations of a new HC will be to work with Wentz to get him back on track.  Honestly, with a new HC and likely most of the rest of the staff coming in (I'm sure there will be a couple holdovers), I am game for whatever decision is made regarding the QB position.  Try to get Wentz back to the level he once was at or get draft picks for him to help build the roster.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, time2rock said:

It would seem like a safe assumption that he'd favor Hurts who he coached in college but you never know.  And who knows if one of the expectations of a new HC will be to work with Wentz to get him back on track.  Honestly, with a new HC and likely most of the rest of the staff coming in (I'm sure there will be a couple holdovers), I am game for whatever decision is made regarding the QB position.  Try to get Wentz back to the level he once was at or get draft picks for him to help build the roster.  

Curious Lurie didn’t get in to that. Talking about having two good QB’s instead of saying "we’re all in on Wentz and we want the next HC to salvage him”. He left it right open. 

5 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Curious Lurie didn’t get in to that. Talking about having two good QB’s instead of saying "we’re all in on Wentz and we want the next HC to salvage him”. He left it right open. 

Maybe leaving the QB picture open will help draw more candidates.  Stating we’re focused on one QB could potentially limit the pool of candidates having interest.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I probably do yes but to be honest he's a major issue within the organisation. 

2 hours ago, pallidrone said:

If Riley does come here does that mean that Wentz is done?

In my mind, yes. it would be similar to Kliff Kingsbury with Cardinals

Riley is going to want his own QB

2 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

In my mind, yes. it would be similar to Kliff Kingsbury with Cardinals

Riley is going to want his own QB

You can bet the next coach has to give it a shot with Carson. That cap hit is simply too much wasted capital to not see what we have with different coaching first.