Deshaun Watson - Saints?

Captain F

The number of QBs on their second or later contract and rumored to be the move is staggering this year.

Now hearing from DC talking heads that the Texans want to trade him to an NFC team.  WFT was mentioned as a possible destination.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30800847/david-culley-says-took-houston-texans-head-coaching-job-knowing-deshaun-watson-was-team-quarterback

https://sports.yahoo.com/texans-gm-says-he-has-zero-interest-in-trading-deshaun-watson-191810860.html

So the HC took the job under the impression Watson is the QB. The GM doesn't want to trade Watson

Watson wants to be traded

Watson has a no trade clause and I heard a right to not report

Texans have money leverage

It's a mess

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30800847/david-culley-says-took-houston-texans-head-coaching-job-knowing-deshaun-watson-was-team-quarterback

https://sports.yahoo.com/texans-gm-says-he-has-zero-interest-in-trading-deshaun-watson-191810860.html

So the HC took the job under the impression Watson is the QB. The GM doesn't want to trade Watson

Watson wants to be traded

Watson has a no trade clause and I heard a right to not report

Texans have money leverage

It's a mess

Yeah I mean what a mess. I think they'd be best to grant him a trade to be honest. 

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I mean what a mess. I think they'd be best to grant him a trade to be honest. 

I really don't know what other choice they have.  I mean, what happens if they refuse to trade him, then he plays like ish? How long until the intentional suckage finger pointing begins?  Its just not worth it.  Trade him for a kings ransom and move on.  If the new coach doesn't like it, get another new coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, What The F said:

I really don't know what other choice they have.  I mean, what happens if they refuse to trade him, then he plays like ish? How long until the intentional suckage finger pointing begins?  Its just not worth it.  Trade him for a kings ransom and move on.  If the new coach doesn't like it, get another new coach.

Thing is, if he's going to intentionally suck then the new HC is on a hiding to nothing anyway. 

On 1/19/2021 at 1:49 PM, SNOORDA said:

Rams have the edge on a trade for watson i believe.  

I guess you haven't read the news this evening

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

What team would give up the draft picks needed after what Stafford just got

There will be someone out there. Plus, if the Texans are too firm with their asking price and Watson is still on the the roster, he'll probably do everything in his power to ensure the Texans move him somewhere, even if it means sitting out games or playing poorly.

The Texans may have no choice but to just take the best of what is offered to them.

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

What team would give up the draft picks needed after what Stafford just got

I’m sure there’s at least 7-10 teams (and I’m lowballing it) that would trade away the minimum draft picks needed for him, it’ll just depend on where Watson wants to go to the most. 

On 1/28/2021 at 11:04 AM, Mike030270 said:

I wouldn’t take less than 5 1’s and 3 2’s. If no one likes the price, then he can honor the contract.

On 1/30/2021 at 8:06 PM, Procus said:

I guess you haven't read the news this evening

Yeah i found out shortly after.  Crazy trade.  But rams are all in on winning now with donald and stafford might just be the guy to do it

7 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Yeah i found out shortly after.  Crazy trade.  But rams are all in on winning now with donald and stafford might just be the guy to do it

This is what the Rams used to do to other teams.  Eagles gave up a bundle for the Dutchman, and then a few more years down the line, the gave up the farm for Roman Gabriel.  Next year, the Rams got even more picks for a used up John Hadl.  By all accounts, the Rams should have been a powerhouse for all those extra picks the team accumulated in the 70's - and from some bad teams no less.

On 1/28/2021 at 12:11 PM, nipples said:

Seriously? David Culley? :lol:

I was like, THAT Dave Culley?  Good grief.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, DBW said:

Panthers are about to go all in on Deshaun. Deal to include 3 firsts and CMC.  

If that's the actual trade,  Carolina is effing stupid. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, What The F said:

If that's the actual trade,  Carolina is effing stupid. 

It is stemming from some reporters hypothetical scenarios so I don’t think there’s any truth to that after all.  And yeah it would be an incredibly stupid deal.

4 hours ago, paco said:

A first and CMC would not be bad tho

Agreed.  CMC’s life expectancy in the nfl is not great.  Dude has been hurt a bunch recently.  Might as well use him as the asset he is and cash in while they can.  Watson, with a real coach and a real organization behind him will be scary good.  

7 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Starting to think he holds out

Also didn't Culley say he went to Texans because of Watson?

Starting to think? Lol.