My 1st 2021 Mock

Outlaw

Ok, so the first 5 fall this way:

R1P1 Jaguars: QB Trevor Lawrence, Clemson- duh

R1P2 Jets: OT Penei Sewell, Oregon- Saleh decides to stick with Darnold and get a pillar at LT for a decade

R1P3 Dolphins: WR Devonta Smith, Bama- reunite Devonta and Tua

R1P4 Falcons: QB Zach Wilson, BYU- the Falcons get their heir apparent for Matty Ice ready

R1P5 Panthers: QB Justin Fields, OSU- the Panthers move up to strike and get the guy Rhule wants for the future

I have the Eagles with little hesitation running to the podium and selecting:

R1P6 WR Ja'Marr Chase, LSU- the Eagles draft a true #1 WR to pair with Reagor and the rest of the crew.

then the rest of the draft (I did not include comp picks in this go around):

R2P37 CB Asante Samuel Jr., FSU- we need a #2 CB to play opposite Slay with the potential to be the man starting next year.  Samuel fits the bill.

R3P70 LB Dylan Moses, Bama- a true freak athlete at the second level, gives us a solid threesome with him, Singleton and Edwards.  Falls a little due to 2019 ACL

R5P134 CB Paulson Adebo, Stanford- recreating the Lito/Sheldon draft, instantly transforming our secondary.  Great size, and a very cerebral player.

R5P140 EDGE/DT Payton Turner, Houston- Turner has bulked up and played inside at 290 and also slimmed down to EDGE rush at 270...and been highly successful at both. True Dline versatility...something the Eagles love.

R6P165 S Tariq Thompson, San Diego State- has the ability to both play nickel and also come down into the box.  Reminds me some of Malcolm. Could be a potential steal here in the 6th.

R7P198 RB Brian Robinson Jr., Bama- Fresh legs with a ton of tread on the tires, this kid could be a really nice one-cut power back that we could use in a rotation with Miles and Scott. And he's used to rotating in.

Comp picks can certainly be used for some OL prospects but I feel like we sunk a lot into the OL the last 2 years between the draft and UDFA. They have Dillard, Mailata, Herbig, Juriga, Driscoll, and Prince. May have to draft a high C or G if Kelce calls it quits though. 

This draft is really about getting us a true weapon on O and revamping the secondary while adding a really nice piece at LB, a versatile Dlineman and a nice addition to the RB rotation.

Feel free to tear it up.

• Like 3

Moses won't last until the 3rd. Usually good lbers get picked in the top of the second round.

I like it except for two things; a) no offensive linemen taken and b) we need a safety who can play deep, not another nickel/box type.

11 hours ago, Outlaw said:

R1P6 WR Ja'Marr Chase, LSU- the Eagles draft a true #1 WR to pair with Reagor and the rest of the crew.

R2P37 CB Asante Samuel Jr., FSU- we need a #2 CB to play opposite Slay with the potential to be the man starting next year.  Samuel fits the bill.

R3P70 LB Dylan Moses, Bama- a true freak athlete at the second level, gives us a solid threesome with him, Singleton and Edwards.  Falls a little due to 2019 ACL

R5P134 CB Paulson Adebo, Stanford- recreating the Lito/Sheldon draft, instantly transforming our secondary.  Great size, and a very cerebral player.

R5P140 EDGE/DT Payton Turner, Houston- Turner has bulked up and played inside at 290 and also slimmed down to EDGE rush at 270...and been highly successful at both. True Dline versatility...something the Eagles love.

R6P165 S Tariq Thompson, San Diego State- has the ability to both play nickel and also come down into the box.  Reminds me some of Malcolm. Could be a potential steal here in the 6th.

R7P198 RB Brian Robinson Jr., Bama- Fresh legs with a ton of tread on the tires, this kid could be a really nice one-cut power back that we could use in a rotation with Miles and Scott. And he's used to rotating in.

I like this! I like this a lot.

Chase and then Samuel Jr in the second round. Dylan Moses in the third and then a versatile Safety in the later rounds (albeit Thompson needs some work and developing).

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I like it except for two things; a) no offensive linemen taken and b) we need a safety who can play deep, not another nickel/box type.

Giving Wallace a year. He’s supposed to be that guy. Could easily swap R3 and R6 and go S like Andre Cisco in R3 and roll with Edwards/Singleton again. 

6 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

Moses won't last until the 3rd. Usually good lbers get picked in the top of the second round.

Normally I agree. But his ACL and losing his 2019 season should drop his stock, even though he came back in 2020 looking good. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like this! I like this a lot.

Chase and then Samuel Jr in the second round. Dylan Moses in the third and then a versatile Safety in the later rounds (albeit Thompson needs some work and developing).

Thank you. 

I don't think there's a chance Moses lasts until round 3. Maybe Cox lasts that long, but he might come off the board faster than expected. 

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

I don't think there's a chance Moses lasts until round 3. Maybe Cox lasts that long, but he might come off the board faster than expected. 

Jabril Cox is a good substitute.  I think Moses' torn ACL may cause him to drop.  These are all just guesses, right? 😀

On 1/19/2021 at 5:21 PM, Outlaw said:

Jabril Cox is a good substitute.  I think Moses' torn ACL may cause him to drop.  These are all just guesses, right? 😀

Plus if Howie creates some wiggle room, I wouldn’t be surprised if they make a move for Anthony Walker and/or Malik Hooker (one year deal concerning his injury history). Gannon’s guys...

• Like 2

On 1/18/2021 at 1:12 PM, Outlaw said:

The only pick I do not like is Adebo.  Really needed to show some development in his game, double moves killed him in 2019, and he sat out last year.

Just now, downundermike said:

The only pick I do not like is Adebo.  Really needed to show some development in his game, double moves killed him in 2019, and he sat out last year.

Can be replaced by Kary Vincent Jr from LSU in that spot. I like Adebo’s size to complement Asante. 

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Can be replaced by Kary Vincent Jr from LSU in that spot. I like Adebo’s size to complement Asante. 

Did you see my draft in the EMB mock draft thread ??