Every Eagles Mock 2005 - 2012

JetroLot

With so many new members here and frankly, the fact that I don't do this stuff anymore, I decided to dip back into the old notes after having a quick chat with @Ray75 about just how much everything has changed. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. None of this was used. I feel like a dinosaur. Can remember using favors to try and get coaches film from colleges causing some secretaries to hang up on you because they thought you were a terrorist. 🤣 (I just want to see the secondary lady!!)

Mock drafts were never really important. Just an exercise. Got website clicks. However, it was hilarious to see names I had forgotten in notes, how bad some misses where, how nice some hits were and frankly, watching the rollercoaster ride that was mock drafting back then. 

You start out really drafting "what you think they'd want, but you really draft what you want", then you get into what "they'd want completely" and start to overthink things and then you just start hitting the IDGAF button and boom, players become really obvious. 

I figured I'd post these. Some of you may need Google on a lot of these players. 🤣 Oh, these are copy and pasted from all the way back through a few different types of Windows, three computers and done before the draft, so the order will be different if there were trades obviously. 

2005 – Just done for fun. No website. What I thought the Eagles would do. Full out fanboy.

21. Eagles (t/Bal) – Mark Bradley, WR Oklahoma

31. Eagles – Mike Patterson, DT USC

63. Eagles – Vincent Jackson, WR Northern Colorado

That’s as far as I went. I didn’t know anyone else.

Notes: Strong feeling the Eagles will take Bunkley. Should have to trade up. Second option I think they’d go Greenway. I would personally trade up for Haloti Ngata.

14. Broderick Bunkley, DT Florida State

45. Thomas Howard, OLB UTEP

76. Andrew Whitworth, RT LSU

108. Jahri Evans, OG Bloomsburg

116. Ray Edwards, DE Purdue

147. Mike Hass, WR Oregon State

168. Marques Colston, WR Hofstra

204. Lyle Sendlein, C Texas

220. Kevin Simon, LB Tennessee

This would be a year to trade back and pick up an extra 2nd and other picks. Guys like David Harris, Brandon Meriweather and Eric Weddle would be at the top of my list.

1 – Aaron Ross, CB Texas

2 – Victor Abiamiri, DE Notre Dame

3 – Dashan Goldson, SS Washington

5 – Nick Roach, LB Northwestern

6 – Kenneth Darby, RB Alabama

7 – Matt Gutierrez, QB Idaho State

Note – Both Tommy and I agree the Eagles will try to trade up for Chris Williams from Vanderbilt. Depending whether they trade up or not, I see them then targeting WR/RS DeSean Jackson in the 2nd or WR/RS Donny Avery in the 3rd.

** Cannot project trades for mock, but I am putting Chris Williams in at 19 anyway

1- Chris Williams, LT Vanderbilt

2- DeSean Jackson, WR/RS

3- Tyvon Branch, CB UCONN

4- Tom Zbikowski, S Notre Dame

4- DeMario Pressley, DT NC State

5- Kenny Iwebema, DE Iowa

6- Carl Nicks, OG Nebraska

6- Cory Boyd, RB South Carolina

6- Nick Hayden, DT Wisconsin

6- Chaz Schilens, WR SDSU

7- Corey Lynch, S Appalachian State

Players I’d love to get if the Eagles stand pat are Knowshon Moreno, Hakeem Nicks or Robert Ayers. Jeremy Maclin is the best fit, but I don’t see him falling past the Raiders and we aren’t going Top 10, especially after losing a 1st, 4th and 6th in the Peters trade.

21. Knowshon Moreno, RB Georgia

53. Jairus Byrd, FS Oregon

85. Mike Wallace, WR Mississippi

157. Jason McCourty, CB Rutgers

194. Duke Robinson, G/T Oklahoma

230. Nick Reed, DE Oregon

Notes – I’d be moving up for Eric Berry or Earl Thomas, Berry much more desirable. If they don’t move up, Wilson and McCourty are my favorites.

1st – Kyle Wilson, CB Boise State

2nd – Nate Allen, FS South Florida

2nd – Sean Lee, MLB Penn State

3rd – Geno Atkins, DT Georgia

3rd – Tony Moeaki, TE Iowa

4th – Reshad Jones, S Georgia

4th – Riley Cooper, WR Florida

5th – Ricky Sapp, DE Clemson

6th – Matt Tennant, C Boston College

7th – Dan LeFevour, QB Central Michigan

7th – Nick McDonald, OG Grand Valley State

Note – If they take the OG that Peter King says they’re taking, I’m turning the draft off.

23. Prince Amukamara, CB Nebraska

54. Colin Kaepernick, QB Nevada

85. Vincent Brown, WR San Diego State

104. KJ Wright, WLB Mississippi State

120. Pernell McPhee, DE Mississippi State

149. Kendall Hunter, RB Oklahoma State

193. Jason Kelce, C Cincinnati

227. Steve Schilling, OG Michigan

237. Lee Ziemba, OT Auburn

240. Greg Lloyd, LB Connecticut

This is it. Final year. No more website for me. Fletcher Cox is a guy they need to go up and get. He’s truly elite. Appreciate it Robby.

15. Fletcher Cox, DT Mississippi State

46. Bobby Wagner, LB Utah State

51. Brandon Boykin, NCB/RS Georgia

88. Vinny Curry, DE Marshall

114. Nick Foles, QB Arizona

153. Devon Wylie, WR Fresno State

172. Marvin Jones, WR Cal

194. Tom Compton, OT South Dakota

200. Jordan Bernstine, S Iowa

229. Daryl Richardson, RB Abilene Christian

• Like 1

You’re not a dinosaur, brother!

Just getting back into the game and starting to realize things have changed. You won’t have to watch VHS gametape to get a feel for a specific prospect. There’s enough of that on YouTube. You won’t have to dig into prospects too much with dozens of scouting reports out there.

What I do; use it! Gather all the information you can get your hands on!

But...you still have to make up your own mind! There are a lot of prospects I love in each and every draft but a lot just don’t feel like the right fit here. You have to take tendencies and scheme into account. That’s the fun part of it; you won’t have to collect all the info by yourself, you just have to put them together and project.

18 hours ago, Ray75 said:

You’re not a dinosaur, brother!

Just getting back into the game and starting to realize things have changed. You won’t have to watch VHS gametape to get a feel for a specific prospect. There’s enough of that on YouTube. You won’t have to dig into prospects too much with dozens of scouting reports out there.

What I do; use it! Gather all the information you can get your hands on!

But...you still have to make up your own mind! There are a lot of prospects I love in each and every draft but a lot just don’t feel like the right fit here. You have to take tendencies and scheme into account. That’s the fun part of it; you won’t have to collect all the info by yourself, you just have to put them together and project.

Yeah, none of that changed in terms of scheme fit. That was all still there. 

Medical has gotten much better. I remember the first year we got a spreadsheet with everyones' medical. The other major sites had Rufus Alexander as a 1st rounder without question. We see his medical and wow. Dropped him like a rock. Ends up in the 6th round. Big boys didn't have that info back then.