Round 2 (#53): Eagles select Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma QB)

Moderator6

10 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Another thing you can look at is Wentz is already 28..

Which is only a little younger than Joe Montana was when the 49ers acquired Steve Young, and he didn't become the full-time starter for 4 or 5 years. 

Only the 1st week  of Training. yes, Hurts, had a nice week, and came from great and successful programs in college. I was hoping that Wentz, could carry the team, in the play-offs as he had  during the stretch run of the regular season last year. So many injuries in the season, no WR's and yet game by game able to win  the next game. So when Wentz went down with his concussion, my heart sank.. McCown did his best, but it did not help that he tore his hamstring... A good back up is always needed.I hope Wentz, stay's healthy the whole season, to show everyone, he can definitely play - the whole season. Probably why he bulked up this off season.. Wentz, has something to prove yet again, but he really doesn't have anything to prove, he has so much ability - just play and keep on playing, the ability will shine through...

They are talking this guy up, like he is turning heads. I say talk is cheap- let's see what he does when he is called on in a real game. PRACTICE? Go ask Allen Iverson about how I feel about how a player does in practice. SHOW ME- then I'll back you 1 gazillion %. Until then, the ones who are hyping him should just freekin relax n shut up.

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

They are talking this guy up, like he is turning heads. I say talk is cheap- let's see what he does when he is called on in a real game. PRACTICE? Go ask Allen Iverson about how I feel about how a player does in practice. SHOW ME- then I'll back you 1 gazillion %. Until then, the ones who are hyping him should just freekin relax n shut up.

10 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Looks like it took you some effort to put up the vid. Fats Waller was cool as hell. Back to my point, I'm not bothered. I'm telling it like it is. Philly athletes and reporters talk a lot of sh**, and I have learned one thing in all these years watching pro sports around here: SHOW ME, DON"T TELL ME. It's show n tell- and pro athletes- show, not tell.

We know he can run.  The question is can he pass?  How is his passing so far in training camp?  Do people have a view yet?  Can't really tell from the snippets.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, Miami said:

We know he can run.  The question is can he pass?  How is his passing so far in training camp?  Do people have a view yet?  Can't really tell from the snippets.  Thanks.

Practice notes/observations in the 411 is usually the place to read up at a granular level on practices. 

Now that Howie’s decided that not paying JP is more important than protecting Wentz, I expect to see Hurts this year.

11 hours ago, Runtherock said:

Now that Howie’s decided that not paying JP is more important than protecting Wentz, I expect to see Hurts this year.

I can see why your % of likes to posts are very low. 

7 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I can see why your % of likes to posts are very low. 

It's obvious that Howie has control over the coaches input and denied JP going to LT tackle to save a few million and let his QB that makes 30 million get killed 🙄

Howie has his issues but damn people love to blame him for everything even if it makes no sense at all and probably has nothing to do with him lol.