Deshaun Watson (Texans QB) -- TRADED TO CLEVELAND

eaglesfan0075

It's not very often a young top 5 QB is available on the market via trade. He does have a no-trade clause, so the Eagles would have to really make a strong pitch and other teams will probably have a better supporting cast.

However, the Eagles do have the 6th overall pick and could potentially give the Texans a more attractive trade package. With Watson on board there's no need for Wentz or Hurts on this roster so they can recoup some draft capital or even include one of the two in the trade with the Texans.

Watson is certainly worth the 2 first round picks plus price tag that the Texans will likely demand.

Of course the key question here is whether the team is better off with keeping the players they would draft with those picks and hope one of Wentz/Hurts play like a franchise QB or if they are better off paying the steep price for Watson and hope he can elevate this current roster?

11 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

It's not very often a young top 5 QB is available on the market via trade. He does have a no-trade clause, so the Eagles would have to really make a strong pitch and other teams will probably have a better supporting cast.

However, the Eagles do have the 6th overall pick and could potentially give the Texans a more attractive trade package. With Watson on board there's no need for Wentz or Hurts on this roster so they can recoup some draft capital or even include one of the two in the trade with the Texans.

Watson is certainly worth the 2 first round picks plus price tag that the Texans will likely demand.

I’d be all for a Watson trade but the compensation would be huge and might set us back multiple years because it’s going to take multiple first rounders and change.

The whole QB carrousel does Wentz’s trade value no favors if we can even trade him at all.

But for the sake of the argument; if we can somehow get something nice in return for Wentz, say a 2nd rounder, and we’d have to give up two first rounders and some mid round picks, I’d say; go for it!

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I’d be all for a Watson trade but the compensation would be huge and might set us back multiple years because it’s going to take multiple first rounders and change.

The whole QB carrousel does Wentz’s trade value no favors if we can even trade him at all.

But for the sake of the argument; if we can somehow get something nice in return for Wentz, say a 2nd rounder, and we’d have to give up two first rounders and some mid round picks, I’d say; go for it!

Yeah, my hope is that the Eagles would be able to extract some type of value from Wentz/Hurts in making this trade.

It's more of a pipe dream though since I doubt Watson would want to join the Eagles with our current situation on offense. The no-trade clause basically puts the ball in Deshaun's court in terms of where he wants to go.

Maybe the Texans owner would be crazy enough to just take Wentz and Ertz straight up for Watson.  Do it Howie.

Howie is our GM, Do you really think Watson would want to come here? LOL

This is just never going to happen. 

49 minutes ago, proveagle said:

Maybe the Texans owner would be crazy enough to just take Wentz and Ertz straight up for Watson.  Do it Howie.

I would be willing to throw in Reagor if it gets it done. Then, we could get a WR at #6.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Howie is our GM, Do you really think Watson would want to come here? LOL

This is just never going to happen. 

Well, it's "I Want the Eagles to Get" so let's enjoy the pipe-dream on this thread while we can 😎

Wentz, Ertz, Reagor and a 2022 first.  

Still take Pitts or Chase at 6. 

Superbowlllzzzz

We're not going to eat 33 million in dead cap money with Wentz, so how are you going to pay Watson?

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We're not going to eat 33 million in dead cap money with Wentz, so how are you going to pay Watson?

If we trade Wentz we would still have the 33 mil hit?

On 1/29/2021 at 4:08 PM, West_Philly said:

If we trade Wentz we would still have the 33 mil hit?

Yep!

On 1/28/2021 at 11:26 PM, GreenbleedinNC said:

Howie is good at one thing at least: his cap manipulation is downright illegal. He’ll figure out a way to restructure the contract so year 1 hits the cap for almost nothing

2 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Howie is good at one thing at least: his cap manipulation is downright illegal. He’ll figure out a way to restructure the contract so year 1 hits the cap for almost nothing

He's going to restructure trade Wentz then sign another HUGE contract taking on more cap debt? Don't think that happens. He will move into a position to take a top draft QB. Maybe Wilson. Now you'd have Wilson and Hurts both on rook deals,no cap used AT ALL!!!!

11 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

He's going to restructure trade Wentz then sign another HUGE contract taking on more cap debt? Don't think that happens. He will move into a position to take a top draft QB. Maybe Wilson. Now you'd have Wilson and Hurts both on rook deals,no cap used AT ALL!!!!

Everyone has to really look at that closely. 

Do you really think that wont be a QB controversy? I mean come on everyone, lol. Lets get two QBs back to back years in the top 2 rounds and keep them both, lol. 

• 1 month later...

The first time I heard about the Eagles being a suitor I was intrigued.  But if all these allegations are true they better stay far far away.  I didn't realize there was so many until I saw an article yesterday talking about it.

This is a question specifically for the fans in the South Philly area:

Is it possible Deshaun would have to register as a sex offender after this? What is the line there

11 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

This is a question specifically for the fans in the South Philly area:

Is it possible Deshaun would have to register as a sex offender after this? What is the line there

He would have to be charged and found guilty of a felony sex crime. 

• 3 weeks later...

how much do happy endings count against the cap.......

Spoiler
Spoiler

• 1 month later...

Chatter in the media is picking up again, especially with the hope of settlement for the cases.

On 3/24/2021 at 12:35 PM, xxeaglesfanxx said:

The first time I heard about the Eagles being a suitor I was intrigued.  But if all these allegations are true they better stay far far away.  I didn't realize there was so many until I saw an article yesterday talking about it.

It all still seems fishy to me. Asks for a trade and suddenly all these allegations come out. And the lawyer handling the case used to be McNair’s neighbor? 

I don’t know. Maybe it’s a lot of coincidence but the timing and circumstances seem odd. 

5 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Chatter in the media is picking up again, especially with the hope of settlement for the cases.

There may be settlement of cases but you know the league is going to have their own form of discipline.  Have to assume he is facing a suspension ... question is, for how long?