Deshaun Watson (Texans QB) -- TRADED TO CLEVELAND

eaglesfan0075

Long time Houston reporter John McClain on Watson and the Eagles:

"Four of the teams that were interested—like the Jets, 49ers, Bears, and Patriots—they've moved on with first round picks. Denver and Carolina were two teams that were willing to sacrifice almost anything. And I wrote a column this week, teams like Philadelphia, Washington, New Orleans would be interested because if they had him that would make them instant contenders. Of course, everybody here [in Houston], they love Jalen Hurts because he's from here, but people here say, 'OK.' They hope Jalen fails and the Eagles would have three numbers one picks if [Carson] Wentz stays healthy and maybe the Eagles would give them two of those. Right now, until the legal situation works itself out, there's no negotiations."

12 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Long time Houston reporter John McClain on Watson and the Eagles:

I hope Hurts shows enough this year to let us take QB off the "needs” list so that we can use those 3 (expected) 1st rd picks next year to fortify other areas of the roster.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

I hope Hurts shows enough this year to let us take QB off the "needs” list so that we can use those 3 (expected) 1st rd picks next year to fortify other areas of the roster.  

That would be the best case scenario. Even if Jalen could turn himself into an above average QB, our rebuild would be warp sped by those 3 first rounders.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

That would be the best case scenario. Even if Jalen could turn himself into an above average QB, our rebuild would be warp sped by those 3 first rounders.

Oh absolutely. We'd be in a Niners position where we could have a stacked roster and an average QB and then have a decision to make around the QB position.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh absolutely. We'd be in a Niners position where we could have a stacked roster and an average QB and then have a decision to make around the QB position.

They way we have been drafting I think it’s better to hope that 2/3 of the first rounders aren’t just total bums vs saying we could have a stacked roster 🙂 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

They way we have been drafting I think it’s better to hope that 2/3 of the first rounders aren’t just total bums vs saying we could have a stacked roster 🙂 

Got to try and be positive though right? 😄

On 5/22/2021 at 8:06 AM, Cheesteakitis said:

Howie took a LOT of criticism earlier this offseason about his drafting, for not following the guidance of the scouts but rather making selections based on his own board.  This year he seemed to resist those temptations to go rogue and we seemed to have a rather nice draft (for the most part).  Let’s hope any pressure he was feeling following all of those negative reports on him continues to keep his ego in check.  We absolutely need to hit it out of the park next April with those high picks.  Very rarely does a team find itself in a position with 3 first round picks.  

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Howie took a LOT of criticism earlier this offseason about his drafting, for not following the guidance of the scouts but rather making selections based on his own board.  This year he seemed to resist those temptations to go rogue and we seemed to have a rather nice draft (for the most part).  Let’s hope any pressure he was feeling following all of those negative reports on him continues to keep his ego in check.  We absolutely need to make hit it out of the park next April with those high picks.  Very rarely does a team find itself in a position with 3 first round picks.  

Hopefully they get that 3rd first even if they end up trading it for a 2nd and a #1 the year. Two first two years in a row plus 2 seconds this coming draft wouldn’t be to hard to handle.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 4:20 PM, Infam said:

I got to say, is there even anyone who would really like to hire Watson right now?

His allegations are bad, but in my opinion stupid bad and not damning bad. Sexual misconduct is worlds better than sexual assault (which 1-2 may be depending on how they claim it in court). They’re still not good and he should be at the mercy of the courts, but once it’s settled he’ll move on.

Its not something I think someone should lose their career over. I’m at peace with a great QB who gets heckled because he’s getting horny in inappropriate situations. 

Hurts and 2 1st rounders next year for Watson? Yep, id do that yesterday. 

On 5/24/2021 at 3:30 AM, What The F said:

Depends what the first rounders are. Are they 2 of next years 3 rounders? Or is it a 2022 first and a 2023 first?

On 5/23/2021 at 7:30 PM, What The F said:

So would Howie, just need these cases settled.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 4:30 AM, What The F said:

12 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

So would Howie, just need these cases settled.

I don't think so. I think that is on the table next year, and only if Hurts doesn't light it up.

3 hours ago, Infam said:

I don't think so. I think that is on the table next year, and only if Hurts doesn't light it up.

I believe if there’s a settlement, he’ll get the 6 game suspension, and if it drags out he’ll go exempt

3 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I believe if there’s a settlement, he’ll get the 6 game suspension, and if it drags out he’ll go exempt

Can he go exempt when he's been skipping camp and doesn't even want to play for the Texans? I thought the list was for players who want to play but are having legal problems. He wanted traded before the legal troubles surfaced

10 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Can he go exempt when he's been skipping camp and doesn't even want to play for the Texans? I thought the list was for players who want to play but are having legal problems. He wanted traded before the legal troubles surfaced

Yeah, so he’ll have to figure out if that’s the way it’s going to go, and then show up with the hope he gets turned away. There’s a clause in the CBA that once you show up you can’t hold out again. It’s abandoning the team and they can make you forfeit all your money and bonuses that year. So he has to be absolutely sure

DeShaun Watson doesn't do anything for me.

10 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

DeShaun Watson doesn't do anything for me.

You probably aren't his type either... Are you a sports masseuse?

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You probably aren't his type either... Are you a sports masseuse?

He was horrible on the Texans and I don't think he'd be any better on this team. He's not a top QB, IMO.

8 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

He was horrible on the Texans and I don't think he'd be any better on this team. He's not a top QB, IMO.

Horrible on the Texans? Really?

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Horrible on the Texans? Really?

Really. What have the Texans Won? 

19 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Really. What have the Texans Won? 

It isn't just about the QB though. OBrien was a horrible GM.

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It isn't just about the QB though. OBrien was a horrible GM.

4-12 has a lot to do with the QB. 

Nothing special about this.
image.png.45ed2315adc444eadf7ef455236f0879.png

15 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

4-12 has a lot to do with the QB. 

Nothing special about this.
image.png.45ed2315adc444eadf7ef455236f0879.png

Nothing special about 33 TDs to 7 INTs? Nothing special about 70% completion despite playing on a bad team? Watson was on a bad team, Wentz was on a bad team but at least Watson still did a lot of good things.