Fresh New Coaching Blood

Wink

9 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Definitely won't be.  Lurie (and by extension the organization) swings the pendulum to extremes.   This time is a newly minted HC, all new coordinators, none have HC experience.   So, the only possible choice if this fails is to bring back a cadre of all former HCs to run things.

Lurie- "I'm letting you go Doug, see you in 4 years as a re-hire."

5 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Lurie- "I'm letting you go Doug, see you in 4 years as a re-hire."

Sounds about right.

• Haha 1

On 1/29/2021 at 7:35 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't like giving up on a coach so quickly after winning our first Super Bowl. Yes, this was a horrible season. Yes, Doug shoulders the blame. But if Lurie's going to show incomprehensible loyalty to Howie, I'd have liked for him to show a tiny smidgen of loyalty to Doug and at least give him another season to work it out.

Of course, for all I know, Lurie gave Doug the option of staying around but with the requirement that he do something that he wasn't willing to do (like fire someone or insert Carson back in as #1 or whatever), and Doug wasn't willing and essentially resigned by forcing Lurie to let him go. 

Maybe we won't be right back here in 3 or 4 years with 'fresh new coaching blood', but I fear we will be. 

One common thread between 2012 and 2020 - ravaged offensive lines.  When the OL goes down, it's pretty much over for the season.  Seems like a flimsy excuse to fire a head coach.  Although honestly, I'm one of the few that believe the brass set Dougie up to win a Super Bowl with its meddling into coaching staff composition. 

14 hours ago, Procus said:

One common thread between 2012 and 2020 - ravaged offensive lines.  When the OL goes down, it's pretty much over for the season.  Seems like a flimsy excuse to fire a head coach.  Although honestly, I'm one of the few that believe the brass set Dougie up to win a Super Bowl with its meddling into coaching staff composition. 

I agree with this overlooked point. I have to give Lurie and Howie credit for designing that coaching staff. This new one looks strong as well.

Now if they could only draft some good players...