The story of the statue

eglz1

20 hours ago, time2rock said:

You’ll find Howie as part of the Lurie statue.  Look behind and you’ll see Howie’s lips on Jeff’s arse.  

You could make the argument it's the other way around...

On 1/30/2021 at 7:47 AM, eglz1 said:

It was part of a Bud Light promotion.

So were the free beers and stuff at the Super Bowl Parade. Bud Light invested a lot in the Eagles win. Who else was going to commission a statue?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toolg said:

So were the free beers and stuff at the Super Bowl Parade. Bud Light invested a lot in the Eagles win. Who else was going to commission a statue?

I'd seen posts by people that implied it was commissioned by the Eagles or something.  That's what prompted the post.

I'm not completely surprised, but a it surprised that there was anyone that didn't know that it was a Bud Lite thing. When it was unveiled, Bud Lite was pretty prominently displayed and promoted as being the ones paying for and giving the statue to the Eagles.

4153434_090518-philly-special-statue-social-web-vid.jpg

But I'm sure that there was a portion of the fanbase (and most non Eagles fans), that probably missed that bit of news at the time (or since). 

On 2/3/2021 at 1:29 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm not completely surprised, but a it surprised that there was anyone that didn't know that it was a Bud Lite thing. When it was unveiled, Bud Lite was pretty prominently displayed and promoted as being the ones paying for and giving the statue to the Eagles.

4153434_090518-philly-special-statue-social-web-vid.jpg

But I'm sure that there was a portion of the fanbase (and most non Eagles fans), that probably missed that bit of news at the time (or since). 

1581095465_ScreenShot2021-02-08at8_02_32AM.png.90bfc567b1e7b9336bfef2c07e2de765.png<---- Seems pretty obvious its just a commercial.

On 2/3/2021 at 12:29 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They should make a sculpture of the parade bus and Doug catching and drinking a beer.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 8:26 AM, time2rock said:

It should absolutely be a permanent fixture.  I couldn't care less that neither Doug nor Nick are here anymore ... it was one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history and was a big part of earning our first ever Lombardi.  What rational reasons could they possibly have for removing it?  Why do people need to overthink everything.  

Maybe they're just getting ahead of things since it's only a matter of time before SJWs find some way to be offended by it?

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

They should make a sculpture of the parade bus and Doug catching and drinking a beer.

They need a statue of Howie in the war room with a sh!t-eating grin on his face knowing he is smarter than everyone else as he takes Reagor leaving Jefferson on the board.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, time2rock said:

They need a statue of Howie in the war room with a sh!t-eating grin on his face knowing he is smarter than everyone else as he takes Reagor leaving Jefferson on the board.  

Not bad. As a backdrop they could cover the wall with photos of all the coaches and F.O. personnel he wormed his way into getting fired.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Not bad. As a backdrop they could cover the wall with photos of all the coaches and F.O. personnel he wormed his way into getting fired.

Along with the photos he has of Lurie having sex with a sheep in a drunken stupor?

• Haha 1