So tired of the Player isn’t (PLEASED) reports

bigdog54

Both here and Houston we get these reports of Players who aren’t PLEASED with their team. The media writes every day in a way makes it seem like the player has all the power and the team is hopelessly screwed by this player who isn’t pleased with them. Now sometimes a team will move a player who isn’t pleased but the truth is being unhappy isn’t a contractual issue. 

If the Eagles want Wentz in Philly and Houston wants Watson with them the player has very few options if they want to make 30 plus million dollars. In both cases this isn’t a story where a player is on his 4th year rookie contract making 2 million and has nothing to lose by setting out. Both these players recently signed huge contracts and they both have everything to lose if they don’t show up. 

So I guess this issue makes for good articles and radio (it’s boring to me) I guess people love to talk about how these players feel but the truth is there is very little the player can do if the team just says show up or set out and don’t get paid. 

To often these teams give in to the player and they get traded I hope in one of these situations the team says no we are good. If you want paid you will show up and play and if you don’t that’s cool with us but we are not trading you. We will talk about your feelings when you show up. 

I especially think that might be the case in Houston. After the Detroit trade they will want at least 4 first round picks and I doubt any team will pay that. So they might literally tell the player if you want paid you will be here if not we will play your back up and suck all year so we can draft your replacement with the first pick we get by you staying home and oh by the way I'm sure by not showing up your contract has all kinds of things that say you lose all that guaranteed money. 

I know it’s wishful thinking but I’m longing for a day when just one team will says F your feelings see you in July for camp. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bigdog54 said:

Both here and Houston we get these reports of Players who aren’t PLEASED with their team. The media writes every day in a way makes it seem like the player has all the power and the team is hopelessly screwed by this player who isn’t pleased with them. Now sometimes a team will move a player who isn’t pleased but the truth is being unhappy isn’t a contractual issue. 

If the Eagles want Wentz in Philly and Houston wants Watson with them the player has very few options if they want to make 30 plus million dollars. In both cases this isn’t a story where a player is on his 4th year rookie contract making 2 million and has nothing to lose by setting out. Both these players recently signed huge contracts and they both have everything to lose if they don’t show up. 

So I guess this issue makes for good articles and radio (it’s boring to me) I guess people love to talk about how these players feel but the truth is there is very little the player can do if the team just says show up or set out and don’t get paid. 

To often these teams give in to the player and they get traded I hope in one of these situations the team says no we are good. If you want paid you will show up and play and if you don’t that’s cool with us but we are not trading you. We will talk about your feelings when you show up. 

I especially think that might be the case in Houston. After the Detroit trade they will want at least 4 first round picks and I doubt any team will pay that. So they might literally tell the player if you want paid you will be here if not we will play your back up and suck all year so we can draft your replacement with the first pick we get by you staying home and oh by the way I'm sure by not showing up your contract has all kinds of things that say you lose all that guaranteed money. 

I know it’s wishful thinking but I’m longing for a day when just one team will says F your feelings see you in July for camp. 

Teams have said this plenty of times

• Like 1

That’s all well and good, but you don’t want a disgruntled player in your locker room, especially at the QB position. So sure they can be forced to either show up to camp or just not play at all, but do you really want that guy in the locker room and playing for your team? I sure as hell don’t. 

1 hour ago, bigdog54 said:

I feel the same way. If you sign a contract, you HONOR that contract. Especially the "Christian" guys you see kneeling together and acting Christian-like (I am a Christian- I am not bashing the faith, I am bashing those who profess real faith, but the way they go about living their lives has almost nothing to do with their God's commands- yes, they are commands- not suggestions 😀). Honor your contracts. You are the employee, and you have a boss. YOU are NOT the boss. When you see a player pulling that arrogant power move, you get a glimpse into their dark little souls. 

The world no longer works the right way- meaning doing the right things the right way as best you can. You get all that $$ to use as a weapon... against the very person who GOT you that money?? The world is doing things backward more and more. Problem is, nobody is stepping up and saying "enough is enough." It's like the AC/DC song Hell's Bell's.... "Nobody's putting up a fight!"

22 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I feel the same way. If you sign a contract, you HONOR that contract. Especially the "Christian" guys you see kneeling together and acting Christian-like (I am a Christian- I am not bashing the faith, I am bashing those who profess real faith, but the way they go about living their lives has almost nothing to do with their God's commands- yes, they are commands- not suggestions 😀). Honor your contracts. You are the employee, and you have a boss. YOU are NOT the boss. When you see a player pulling that arrogant power move, you get a glimpse into their dark little souls. 

The world no longer works the right way- meaning doing the right things the right way as best you can. You get all that $$ to use as a weapon... against the very person who GOT you that money?? The world is doing things backward more and more. Problem is, nobody is stepping up and saying "enough is enough." It's like the AC/DC song Hell's Bell's.... "Nobody's putting up a fight!"

I agree except I WILL bash "Christians" because as a self-employed individual, I have been Fed over, not paid and blown off by the people who bleat the loudest about Christianity a helluva lot more than agnostics or atheists. It's gotten so bad, I will generally RUN not walk away from anyone who drives around with a fish on their bumper.

Some of these guys need to grow up and realize they are playing a game for a living.  And making millions of dollars doing it.  Shut up and enjoy it while it lasts.

34 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

0FA70E80-D56A-4145-91E7-3B7B704232B3.jpeg

Eagles WR’s should take note, you wanna PC in your driveway, you have to be able to catch the ball first, then worry about about scoring. 

Just now, The Blackfish said:

Eagles WR’s should take note, you wanna PC in your driveway, you have to be able to catch the ball first, then worry about about scoring. 

I'd argue that they aren't even at this stage of WR development.  First, they need to beat press off the line and maybe create more than a centimeter of separation in under 5 seconds........THEN they can worry about catching the ball with their snowshoe hands.  

• Like 1

Watson signed the contract about 140 days ago. I would need FAIR MARKET VALUE to even think about moving him. Fair market for Watson is about:

5 1’s and 3 2’s, or players of equal value to the picks.

Anything less is a non-starter.

4 hours ago, Madriver said:

I agree except I WILL bash "Christians" because as a self-employed individual, I have been Fed over, not paid and blown off by the people who bleat the loudest about Christianity a helluva lot more than agnostics or atheists. It's gotten so bad, I will generally RUN not walk away from anyone who drives around with a fish on their bumper.

That's a shame. True Christian are usually the unsung hero's who are kind, loving people, always helping others, and even if their work is great- never try to receive recognition for it, but instead give glory to God. I know a TON of them. It's the "other" ones who give Christianity a bad rep.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2021 at 9:43 AM, bigdog54 said:

Good QBs have a ton of leverage in the league as they should. It’s way easier for a good QB to find a new team than a team to find a new good QB. 

Teams don’t "honor” contracts when they want to cut or trade their players. Why should the players? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Good QBs have a ton of leverage in the league as they should. It’s way easier for a good QB to find a new team than a team to find a new good QB. 

Teams don’t "honor” contracts when they want to cut or trade their players. Why should the players? 

Agreed, love when people say players should honor the contract... So should the teams that try to get out of them as soon as possible

• Like 3

On 2/2/2021 at 3:23 PM, SBorBust said:

Watson signed the contract about 140 days ago. I would need FAIR MARKET VALUE to even think about moving him. Fair market for Watson is about:

5 1’s and 3 2’s, or players of equal value to the picks.

Anything less is a non-starter.

No player is worth 5 first round picks

7 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

No player is worth 5 first round picks

Plus 3 2’s.

I guess we wouldn’t be making a deal.

On 2/1/2021 at 11:14 AM, Talonblood said:

I feel the same way. If you sign a contract, you HONOR that contract.  Honor your contracts. You are the employee, and you have a boss. YOU are NOT the boss. 

That would be fine if NFL contracts were guaranteed. The teams don't honor contracts, I don't expect players to do so. Even playing field.......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yet, Wentz is getting killed in the Local and National Media and Watson is not.....HMMMMM......Geee....I wonder why?

Because Wentz was outplayed by 2 backups and Watson wasn't.

On 2/2/2021 at 2:10 PM, Mike030270 said:

Watson has public stated how he isn't happy. Wentz has not

So could you post the video proof where Watson has publicly stated he wasn’t happy. Looking forward to seeing it.

People are not growing up the same way, the social environment is not even close to what it used to be, I dont know why we should be surprised when these types of things happen. The idea of honoring your contract is a thing of the past, the nose to the grindstone and the strong silent types are anomalies. Everyone has an ego today, and many people are hyper sensitive. It's unfortunate, but it's just the way it is. 

• Thanks 1

Granted, I'm making an assessment without ever meeting the kid, but you have to wonder why a complete change in coaching staff is still not enough for Wentz to verbally demonstrate a commitment to regaining form. Is it Howie? Medical staff? The concussion against Seattle? No playmakers? Disrespect after he fought back from knee and back injuries? An entitled Type A personality? Narcissism? The Dunning Kruger effect? Bad cheesesteaks? Just what is it that turned this guy off to Philadelphia? 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/2/4/22266266/carson-wentz-trade-rumors-eagles-fielding-calls-listening-offers-philadelphia-nfl-news-quarterback

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

So could you post the video proof where Watson has publicly stated he wasn’t happy. Looking forward to seeing it.

i mea this is pretty close

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/28/reports-deshaun-watson-has-requested-a-trade/

we all know he wants a trade. You are just being bloody ignorant.

It's a real shame Wentz didn't become this disgruntled prior to June 6, 2019, when he signed that massive contract.  Or was he already starting to feel that way (and the benching was just the icing on the cake) but waited to get paid before bringing it to light?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

It's a real shame Wentz didn't become this disgruntled prior to June 6, 2019, when he signed that massive contract.  Or was he already starting to feel that way (and the benching was just the icing on the cake) but waited to get paid before bringing it to light?  

If so, that's a smart man. 

• Like 1