Eagles Hire Jay Valai - He left for Alabama after only a few days

time2rock

On 2/3/2021 at 9:33 AM, DeathByEagle said:

If that is the case its a dumb move. Too many cooks in the kitchen again. CBs and Safety's need to be on the same exact page. When they are not thats when mistakes are made, coverage blown. Having different coaches in each will cause that problem. 

Id hope thats not what they are thinking. Lets hope its for a different position. 

Let's hope they are thinking because  I see it like you, that secondary has to function as a unit, that way you don't have DB's running around like that don't have a clue like Mills does on damn near every pass play.

On 2/12/2021 at 11:15 PM, Traveler Vic said:

It is was not for "Fan since 70s..." I would think, based on the level of humor, that you are still in high school. Grow up and make ubiquitous jokes.

EMB>Off-Topic>What's Up>Posts that also apply to your mom.

Traveler Vic... your pretentiousness on a sub-forum of a last place football team's unofficial fan-ran message board is embarrassing. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wasn't this the guy who days before agreeing to join the Eagles joined a college team? I mean what's going on with that...

It was first reported we would be hiring Valai on Feb 2nd.  That initial report stated he "had just signed on with the Houston program last month to serve as CB coach".  Apparently his hiring here was made official the day before he left to take the position in Alabama.  Anyway, Wilson is the head DB coach, so the loss is minimal.  Don't want to be here?  Adios.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Has he snubbed Alabama yet?

Now hired by the Cowboys?  :lol:

On 2/12/2021 at 11:15 PM, Traveler Vic said:

It is was not for "Fan since 70s..." I would think, based on the level of humor, that you are still in high school. Grow up and make ubiquitous jokes.

somebody poopied their pantzys this morning. 

On 2/12/2021 at 11:25 PM, Green_Guinness said:

Hputenis has a great sense of humour and if you frequent the WU section you'd know this.  This is how things are there so it's kind of an 'inside joke' that happens frequently there.  There's loads of us that share a similar twisted silly and sometimes juvenile sense of humour and we have fun with it.  I've had others say similar things to me and I take it in stride and laugh because that's just how it is.

Not sure why you need to justify yourself with this cranky old fart. 

20 minutes ago, greend said:

Not sure why you need to justify yourself with this cranky old fart. 

Maybe the way I quoted both their posts I wasn't clear that I was poking fun at just Hputenis.  He did 'like' my explanation so it's fine.

It is being reported that we’ve hired D.K. McDonald as the new assistant DB coach filling the position vacated when Valai left.  
McDonald spent the past 6 years at Iowa St. working with CBs and safeties.  

https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles/bears-frontrunners-wentz/

I guess all those jobs he applied for all came up around the same time. 😂. In all fairness he’s probably going to coach better players in Alabama’s secondary than the Eagle have on their roster. Look at the Eagles defensive backs. PS players dominate this group. 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 9:14 AM, brkmsn said:

It's very normal to have two coaches at a position. For example: Last year we had Marquand Manuel as DB coach and Tim Hauck Safeties.

And the secondary played like sheet.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

And the secondary played like sheet.

That was one example, but here you go, genius:

2001-2002:

Defensive Backs/Secondary – Steve Spagnuolo

2003:

2004-2006:

2011:

2012:

2013-2014

2015:

2016-2019:

Top secondaries in NFL in 2020:

Rams:

• Cornerbacks – Aubrey Pleasant
  • Safeties – Ejiro Evero

Packers:

Steelers:

Colts:

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

That was one example, but here you go, genius:

It was your example genius.

8 hours ago, EagleVA said:

It was your example genius.

It was my example, less the part about TEs which you conveniently left out to imply that having two coaches at a position must = bad. My point in my original reply which you partly quoted was that this is normal. Your original reply in this topic pretends like it's out of the ordinary and surely a bad thing.  So ... here we are ... I stand by my point by giving you a much larger example of the NFL "normal." Maybe you can tell us all about your football career again and how having one position coach made you the player you are today and how that makes you "kind of a big deal."

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

It was my example, less the part about TEs which you conveniently left out to imply that having two coaches at a position must = bad. My point in my original reply which you partly quoted was that this is normal. Your original reply in this topic pretends like it's out of the ordinary and surely a bad thing.  So ... here we are ... I stand by my point by giving you a much larger example of the NFL "normal." Maybe you can tell us all about your football career again and how having one position coach made you the player you are today and how that makes you "kind of a big deal."

Here's my thing with the secondary, separate coaches for the corners and safeties isn't necessarily a bad thing although I think it's overkill, the secondary works as a unit so someone should be in charge, someone with the title of secondary coach.

If there were separate coaches for the guards, tackles and center I would call that overkill also, they have to work as one cohesive unit just as the secondary.

So if I were running the team, I'd get a former player that's played both positions well and call him the secondary coach. Those guys know what the responsibilities are and skillsets needed to to execute those responsibilities so the secondary operates as a cohesive unit. 

This good old boy network where you're giving friends jobs results in secondaries  that resemble a bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off, that's why you've seen all too often Eagles DB's acting like they're lost back there.

In closing, you're a mess with this I'm right, you're wrong sheet, these are nothing more than opinions.