What PFF says about our 2020 Draft Value

Traveler Vic

Philadelphia Eagles - Ranked 22 

Wide receiver Jalen Reagor battled through some bad quarterback play in his final season at TCU and went through the same in Year 1 as a rookie. At the same time, though, he didn't do much on his end, producing just a 64.2 receiving grade and 1.30 yards per route run.

Carolina Panthers Ranked 23 

The reason Carolina isn't any lower than 23rd is because of one pick: safety Jeremy Chinn, who was selected 64th overall. Chinn played the second-most snaps on the defensive side of the ball among rookies this season and finished as one of the 10 most valuable non-first-round selections of the entire 2020 draft

Acknowledgement: In 2020 I wanted Jefferson in the 1st, and I was yelling at the television for the Eagles to pick Chinn in the second. Knowing what I know now.. Picking Hurts..may have been a necessity.

Which brings me to the 2021 Draft...where Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Jamar Chase, and Penei Sewell are pretty much locked to be the top 5 Picks. The only Question is who will be the 6 th Pick????  I am lobbing for trading down because in my opinion that's where the real value in 2021 draft is, but what if no one wants to trade up? Who is worthy of the 6th overall Pick? PFF Buckie Brooks has Pitts. I can't disagree on quality...but it is too rich of the value for a TE in my opinion! My 2021 pick if we can not trade back is probably ....Surtain. 

Trade it to Indy to take on Wentz’s contract.  We get their 1st in return.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Philadelphia Eagles - Ranked 22 

Wide receiver Jalen Reagor battled through some bad quarterback play in his final season at TCU and went through the same in Year 1 as a rookie. At the same time, though, he didn't do much on his end, producing just a 64.2 receiving grade and 1.30 yards per route run.

Carolina Panthers Ranked 23 

The reason Carolina isn't any lower than 23rd is because of one pick: safety Jeremy Chinn, who was selected 64th overall. Chinn played the second-most snaps on the defensive side of the ball among rookies this season and finished as one of the 10 most valuable non-first-round selections of the entire 2020 draft

Acknowledgement: In 2020 I wanted Jefferson in the 1st, and I was yelling at the television for the Eagles to pick Chinn in the second. Knowing what I know now.. Picking Hurts..may have been a necessity.

Which brings me to the 2021 Draft...where Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Jamar Chase, and Penei Sewell are pretty much locked to be the top 5 Picks. The only Question is who will be the 6 th Pick????  I am lobbing for trading down because in my opinion that's where the real value in 2021 draft is, but what if no one wants to trade up? Who is worthy of the 6th overall Pick? PFF Buckie Brooks has Pitts. I can't disagree on quality...but it is too rich of the value for a TE in my opinion! My 2021 pick if we can not trade back is probably ....Surtain. 

I don’t agree in those being locks for top 5. Smith, Parsons, Surtain all very capable of being top 5

Didn’t need to go to PFF to get what the 2020 draft value was. i could’ve told you it 

image.gif.5bdbe622ac58137c59282e13c57fe002.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Could have been Doug just not using him properly and could have been Moorehead not able to develop him but even when he was in it didn't look like a 1st rounder

Hopefully he takes a leap for next season

8 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Could have been Doug just not using him properly and could have been Moorehead not able to develop him but even when he was in it didn't look like a 1st rounder

Hopefully he takes a leap for next season

I hope he does too. However I feel like the Eagles could do a better job drafting wide receivers if they just put a poll on their homepage and ask the fans who they wanted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I hope he does too. However I feel like the Eagles could do a better job drafting wide receivers if they just put a poll on their homepage and ask the fans who they wanted.

Lol to be fair a lot of you didn't want Jefferson

• Like 1

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Lol to be fair a lot of you didn't want Jefferson

I was ok with him. Frankly i was all about trading out of 20 if they didn’t love jefferson just cause the value other teams likely had for him behind was high and we badly needed more picks. Especially when we heard reports from Dj saying he heard teams liked him as one of the top 3 wrs 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RUEagle said:

I don’t agree in those being locks for top 5. Smith, Parsons, Surtain all very capable of being top 5

Who in your opinion, is worthy of the 6th round pick???

21 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Very hard to say this early.  We haven’t seen guys like Parsons and Chase do anything physical in over a year.  We don’t know what’s going on with Wentz either. 

some names to consider depending on what happens:

Davonte Smith

Jamarr Chase

Micah Parsons

Penei Sewell

Patrick Surtain II

Justin Fields

Rashawn Slater

Kyle Pitts

I like the idea of taking a top OL or one of the 3 receiving threats  

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

Probably a punter...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, time2rock said:

Trade it to Indy to take on Wentz’s contract.  We get their 1st in return.  

i don't hate it

2 minutes ago, Sturm said:

i don't hate it

It could be worse.  LA gave up two 1sts and a 3rd to move Goff's contract.  By moving down to 21, we'd basically we giving up the value of the 21st pick for Indy to take on Wentz's contract.  

• Like 1

Just now, time2rock said:

It could be worse.  LA gave up two 1sts and a 3rd to move Goff's contract.  By moving down to 21, we'd basically we giving up the value of the 21st pick for Indy to take on Wentz's contract.  

Yup i really don't hate it. Might even be able to get a 4 or 5th in return too. Not a bad deal get out of the contract. See what you have in Hurts if he sucks then get a new QB in next year. Not bad at all imo.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sturm said:

Yup i really don't hate it. Might even be able to get a 4 or 5th in return too. Not a bad deal get out of the contract. See what you have in Hurts if he sucks then get a new QB in next year. Not bad at all imo.

I'm somewhat torn about what I want to see happen.  If he really hellbent on getting out, then it is somewhat hard to want to keep him around and a deal like what I mentioned could be the best route.  If he is amenable to sticking around and being part of an honest and open competition for the starting QB spot, then it may make sense to see if the new coaching staff can help him improve his level of play.  Should the latter happen and he still loses the competition, it would be much easier to move him next offseason when the ramifications on the cap are much less and would likely net more in return (instead of getting 10 cents on the dollar maybe we get 50).  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'm somewhat torn about what I want to see happen.  If he really hellbent on getting out, then it is somewhat hard to want to keep him around and a deal like what I mentioned could be the best route.  If he is amenable to sticking around and being part of an honest and open competition for the starting QB spot, then it may make sense to see if the new coaching staff can help him improve his level of play.  Should the latter happen and he still loses the competition, it would be much easier to move him next offseason when the ramifications on the cap are much less and would likely net more in return (instead of getting 10 cents on the dollar maybe we get 50).  

Moving him next season is a lot easier but then he might lose some more value as his play would still be down and 2 coaches can't fix him. I like the idea of both of them fighting it out next year best man win. Very healthy but you gotta stick to it. At that point if a QB gets hurt during camp then you move the "loser" of the comp.

That way if Carson or Hurts is our starter you don't have the fans screaming for a benching if 1 bad throw.

Starting the season with both feels awkward but let them fight it out during TC. Players get hurt all the time during camp.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sturm said:

Moving him next season is a lot easier but then he might lose some more value as his play would still be down and 2 coaches can't fix him. I like the idea of both of them fighting it out next year best man win. Very healthy but you gotta stick to it. At that point if a QB gets hurt during camp then you move the "loser" of the comp.

That way if Carson or Hurts is our starter you don't have the fans screaming for a benching if 1 bad throw.

Starting the season with both feels awkward but let them fight it out during TC. Players get hurt all the time during camp.

That’s even better yet.  If they somehow can take advantage of a team’s misfortune for losing a QB during TC and swing a Bradford type deal such that we keep pick 6 this year and add a relatively high pick in 2022 that would be tremendous.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I am lobbing for trading down because in my opinion that's where the real value in 2021 draft is, My 2021 pick if we can not trade back is probably ....Surtain. 

If the FO has two working brain cells they'd stay where they are and select Farley.

6 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

A backup kicker? 

F Wentz. Id make him play a pre season game with 3rd string oline and call 70,  4 step drop, pass plays. 

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2021 at 9:19 AM, EagleVA said:

If the FO has two working brain cells they'd stay where they are and select Farley.

I should have called this post: Who is worthy of the 6th Pick? LOL. I am not as high on Farley as you are...so i do not think he is worth a 6th.... But Thanks for the response. 

On 2/4/2021 at 12:19 PM, EagleVA said:

Too risky at 6. Sewell, Chase, Smith, Pitts, Parsons. Those are your "least risk” choices. This is a relatively deep CB class. I’d much rather a Melifonwu, Campbell, Samuel Jr, etc in R2. Give me a trade down to 12 with the Niners to pick up 43 and another later pick and grab Jaycee Horn or Surtain at 12. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 8:43 AM, RUEagle said:

Very hard to say this early.  We haven’t seen guys like Parsons and Chase do anything physical in over a year.  We don’t know what’s going on with Wentz either. 

some names to consider depending on what happens:

Davonte Smith

Jamarr Chase

Micah Parsons

Penei Sewell

Patrick Surtain II

Justin Fields

Rashawn Slater

Kyle Pitts

I like the idea of taking a top OL or one of the 3 receiving threats  

Hot take. None of those guys will be there in the 6th round

On 2/4/2021 at 10:07 AM, time2rock said:

Wentz’s value is much lower than most on this board think because he’s injury prone, has an expensive contract and he’s inconsistent. Howie will probably get the #1 pick he wants but it will be a future #1 and not for this year. Then he’ll pat himself on the back for getting a 1st and tell everyone he got what he was looking for. 

• Like 1