What PFF says about our 2020 Draft Value

Traveler Vic

5 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Wentz’s value is much lower than most on this board think because he’s injury prone, has an expensive contract and he’s inconsistent. Howie will probably get the #1 pick he wants but it will be a future #1 and not for this year. Then he’ll pat himself on the back for getting a 1st and tell everyone he got what he was looking for. 

Agreed.  I initially stated he'd fetch a 2nd this year and a conditional 2nd next year ... I'm sticking with that.  

All of these reports of different rumored trade packages ... there is little chance people outside would be hearing details of what is involved.  I think it is more speculation.

5 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Wentz’s value is much lower than most on this board think because he’s injury prone, has an expensive contract and he’s inconsistent. Howie will probably get the #1 pick he wants but it will be a future #1 and not for this year. Then he’ll pat himself on the back for getting a 1st and tell everyone he got what he was looking for. 

Don;t buy in all the rumors just yet. 

Before Stafford was traded to the Rams there was rumors all over about the Panthers and 49ers being the lead dogs in the fight. Rams were a side thought and not mentioned much at all. Something tells me all the so called "Offer" rumors are the Eagles stirring the pot to get a few other teams to bid even higher. 

I have a feeling if they do trade him it will be for something that was not even so called "leaked". Possibly even from a team we didnt know was in the game. 

Funny that everyone wants to put it out there that they wanted Jefferson #1 and Chinn #2. Who cares...

there were a lot of people that loved Whiteside on this board when he was drafted but no one claims that bum now. 

2 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Funny that everyone wants to put it out there that they wanted Jefferson #1 and Chinn #2. Who cares...

there were a lot of people that loved Whiteside on this board when he was drafted but no one claims that bum now. 

I was one of the "wanting Jefferson" crew (although I never mentioned Chinn).  When JJAW was announced I was extremely disappointed, not because I was on the Metcalf bandwagon (I had concerns about him ... boy was I wrong!!  haha) but because I really wanted Henderson (who went to LA in rd 3 ... I also wasn't big on Sanders then) and Thornhill (who went 6 picks after JJAW) with our 2 picks in the 2nd.

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Agreed.  I initially stated he'd fetch a 2nd this year and a conditional 2nd next year ... I'm sticking with that.  

All of these reports of different rumored trade packages ... there is little chance people outside would be hearing details of what is involved.  I think it is more speculation.

Yeah, the board is pretty hypocritical. Most guys on the board complain about how bad Wentz is but then on the other hand they want two 1st rounders for him. Well, which is it because crappy players don’t get traded for two 1st rounders. 

25 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Yeah, the board is pretty hypocritical. Most guys on the board complain about how bad Wentz is but then on the other hand they want two 1st rounders for him. Well, which is it because crappy players don’t get traded for two 1st rounders. 

Especially ones that come with a contract that will pay him ~$25M/year (although that is on the low side in today's NFL for a starting QB, and a deal could involve a new contract with the team that acquires him).  

5 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

I posted several "I hate Whiteside pick Posts"..and most of the people dumped on me. I also posted several I wanted Chinn posts.