Russel Wilson trade talks

DBW

At least 300 of those 394 have been Wilson’s fault. Actually, that guess is probably way low.

This whole "story” is hilarious.

• Like 2

OK, so hypothetically if you could trade for either Russ or Deshaun who would you take?  

Deshaun is going to be extraordinarily expensive.  Russ you could get for much less. 

Deshaun is 25 and should be able to play for the next decade plus barring any significant injuries.  Russ has taken a beating and I don't think he has more than 5 years left in the league.  

Russ is "win now", Deshaun could be a "build around him" situation.

2 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

OK, so hypothetically if you could trade for either Russ or Deshaun who would you take?  

Deshaun is going to be extraordinarily expensive.  Russ you could get for much less. 

Deshaun is 25 and should be able to play for the next decade plus barring any significant injuries.  Russ has taken a beating and I don't think he has more than 5 years left in the league.  

Still rather Russ. Deshaun already had a major injury and takes a sheet load of sacks too. QB's that can extend plays always take more sacks. You can have the best line in the world in front of you and they are still going to take hits, lineman can't hold blocks that long and they can't tell where you are in the pocket or out of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I'm a huge fan of Wilson but you'd have to go DeShaun I think. Younger and you can build a team around him. I'm not even sure it's a case of Wilson is win now and DeShaun isn't. I think with the right team DeShaun can absolutely be win now. 

He just wants an Oline. Can't blame him. He's spent a good amount of his career trying to stay alive

They got him weapons. They'll likely fix the Oline and he'll be okay

He signs for 35 mill per year and wonders why the team can't fit so much talent around him....maybe take a look at what tom brady did his entire career.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2021 at 8:36 PM, SBorBust said:

At least 300 of those 394 have been Wilson’s fault. Actually, that guess is probably way low.

Totally agree.  Maybe become a better pure pocket passer and get rid of the ball in under 7 seconds.  Sources told me this helps the OL.  

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 9:36 PM, SBorBust said:

Not true, the Hawks have gotten away with investing next to nothing on their O-Line thanks to Wilson.  At no time over last decade have they ever had a group that was better than average.

On 2/11/2021 at 5:11 PM, Mike030270 said:

He just wants an Oline. Can't blame him. He's spent a good amount of his career trying to stay alive

They got him weapons. They'll likely fix the Oline and he'll be okay

So he states he wants to be protected, and the media runs with it and starts trade speculation.  Another win for why Carson should not say anything regardless of his wishes.

On 2/9/2021 at 5:36 PM, SBorBust said:

I live in Washington State.  Watch them play a ton, and here all the local media.  Hawks offensive line ha been below average his entire career.

20 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I live in Washington State.  Watch them play a ton, and here all the local media.  Hawks offensive line ha been below average his entire career.

True but, still QBs that can extend plays with their legs usually are at the top when it comes to taking sacks. He had a good line in his first few years but they started to neglect it to get him more weapons. That's when the run game went to hell also. 

27 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I’m not debating that fact. That being said, he’s been personally responsible for 75%-ish of the sacks in his career.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

So he states he wants to be protected, and the media runs with it and starts trade speculation.  Another win for why Carson should not say anything regardless of his wishes.

Media loves to create drama

On 2/12/2021 at 3:58 PM, ggs5008 said:

He signs for 35 mill per year and wonders why the team can't fit so much talent around him....maybe take a look at what tom brady did his entire career.

His financial advisors were genius.

Its like the stock market: time in the market beats timing the market.

All of his endorsements, merchandise, and other income with FAR outpace whatever contract he gets in the NFL.

Surround yourself with talent and WIN. It pays off so much more than a salary.

On 2/10/2021 at 1:14 PM, EricAllenPick6 said:

Both can be had for Wentz and a third

• 2 weeks later...

His personal qb coach and friend was on talk radio yesterday and it indeed appears he is out of seattle unless major upgrades to their oline are addressed

15 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

His personal qb coach and friend was on talk radio yesterday and it indeed appears he is out of seattle unless major upgrades to their oline are addressed

Trade Brooks for Metcalf

1 hour ago, SNOORDA said:

I think it's unreasonable for him to have this mindset for a few reasons. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think it's unreasonable for him to have this mindset for a few reasons. 

elaborate?