Russel Wilson trade talks

DBW

20 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

elaborate?

Well for #1 he is a QB that extends a lot of plays with his legs, those qbs typically take more hits and sacks then your traditional pocket QB. Lineman don't know where they are and can't hold blocks for that extended time. 

#2 he had no weapons for how long? They spent how many draft picks and free agent pick ups to get him the weapons he needs and now he has them. Not every position group is going to be elite. 

#3 what team that needs a QB is going to have much better line then what he has now? The compensation they want for him is most likely going to come from a middle of the road team that needs an elite QB to get them into the playoffs and compete.

#4 wilson is paid pretty damn good they are going to struggle to keep dumping all the assets on offense they have to spread it out and he is a big reason for that and any team that gets him with have the same problem. 

#5 he literally gets sacked this much every single year he averages over 40 sacks a season ( goes back to my point that mobile QBs typically get sacked more). As a matter of fact he was sacked more the last  2 seasons before this. 

• Thanks 1

He wants protection. It's not unreasonable. It'd be stupid for Hawks to not just fix the damn line already.

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

He wants protection. It's not unreasonable. It'd be stupid for Hawks to not just fix the damn line already.

Doubt the hawks are just sitting around not giving  sheet about the line. Again mobile QBs get sacked more and he didn't get sacked anymore then he had his entire career. 

11 hours ago, downundermike said:

Trade Brooks for Metcalf

Who knows how much the Seahawks value wilson.  All his greatness aside, he is calling out the FO basically telling them they dont know how to build an offense.   There will be plenty of hurtybutt at seahawk headquarters 

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Doubt the hawks are just sitting around not giving  sheet about the line. Again mobile QBs get sacked more and he didn't get sacked anymore then he had his entire career. 

He has 8 seasons of being in the top 10 of sacks for a QB

58 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

He has 8 seasons of being in the top 10 of sacks for a QB

So? Like I said ever think his style lends himself to be hit like that or has his line sucked for 8 seasons straight?

17 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Who knows how much the Seahawks value wilson.  All his greatness aside, he is calling out the FO basically telling them they dont know how to build an offense.   There will be plenty of hurtybutt at seahawk headquarters 

I've always felt that there was tension in that organization ever since they blew that SB against the Pats. I wouldn't be surprised if Carroll and Wilson aren't very close after that.

Can you imagine Russell Wilson as the QB of the Saints? Somebody put a stop to that shi*!! :D

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Can you imagine Russell Wilson as the QB of the Saints? Somebody put a stop to that shi*!! :D

If they couldn't get it done with one of the greatest QBs of all time the last 5 yrs then I don't think Wilson gets it done either. 

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If they couldn't get it done with one of the greatest QBs of all time the last 5 yrs then I don't think Wilson gets it done either. 

Fair enough, but one can run as well as pass, the other, not so much. But I hear ya.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 4:33 PM, Talonblood said:

I don't think Wilson will be dealt but if he was no way they hand him to peyton.

• Like 1