Eagles released Desean Jackson

EricAllenPick6

So many great memories. Unfortunately his best days are in the rear view mirror.

• Like 1

That would actually be news, if he had actually been a contributing player. But he hadn't really contributed to anything, other than lowering the available salary cap for other players, since he was cut by Chip. 

He did have a couple of nice plays, but not enough to amount to anything meaningful. 

I'm sure that he'll eventually be in the Eagles Hall of Fame. 

• Like 4

One of my favorites ever. Every deep ball TD was invigorating to watch as a fan. Hope he goes and gets a ring, even if he has to do it the LeSean McCoy way.

• Like 1

I just hope we can find a replacement. Who will be available and ready to play 2 games next season?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I just hope we can find a replacement. Who will be available and ready to play 2 games next season?

Goodwin....oh wait.  

• Haha 1

Jaccpot - Thanks for coming back and adding absolutely nothing.  Bum.

• Like 2

Like others have said, all-time franchise great and likely will go down as one of the best (if not the best) deep threats in NFL history.  And I have a feeling he's not done yet.  My best guess is that he signs a team friendly deal with a contender.  (Who knows, maybe a reunion with Andy Reid in K.C.?) 

• Like 1

I didn't want him back just because of his age and his body breaking down. It broke down bad, probably because the combo of age and that small build. He was one of the most exciting players the Eagles ever had. Time waits for no one, and I am glad he is being moved on. There are some other old players that need to go this year, not next year. I hope they purge the old ones outta here.

• Like 1

You just know all these players being released , wentz , ertz, Jackson etc are going to have really.good seasons next year 

Fastest WR I have ever seen on the field, since watching football. Bye Djax, thanks for the memories. 

• Like 1

Man I loved having you on this team Desean....very exciting to watch in your prime. It's just time because of the small build and the age....but will always be fondly remembered as an all time Eagle great......good luck on your next team, if you do not retire.....

• Like 1

Started his legend by dropping the ball before getting to the end zone and ended it appearing to injure himself on his last TD somersault.

Highlight real in between those appropriately fated bookends. A lot of respect because he could bring when it mattered and did so too many times as a skin.

DJax, I hope you saved your money and best of luck.