Eagles Mock Draft (02-22-2021)

Ray75

59 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But to me if we are trading down to the middle of the first round and taking Paye then we are looking at the next Barnett. Not the next Garrett, not the next Young or Bosa. We are looking at another good solid player but we need more than that. I like the idea of trading down and picking up extra picks because we need as many good young players as we can get. But drafting at #6 puts us in a really good position to draft a difference maker.

Ohhh I agree!

You know me by now. This mock was just an excercise nothing more. Just food for thought in case they do make drastic decisions at DL to just get under the cap and get financially healthy for the future.

Paye is not Barnett 2.0 IMO. He doesn’t have Barnett’s stats coming out of college but he’s way more athletic.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Partially agree. If you use high draft picks on a specific position 3 years in a row, it’s obvious you’re not doing something right. Is it the player himself, did you really miss out or wasn’t your coaching staff able to develop them properly?

From a talent perspective it isn’t forced at all to take the BPA at a position of need at 6 but from a position perspective it feels a bit forced because you either completely missed out in 2020 (Reagor, Watkins, Hightower) and 2019 (JJAW and Fulgham sort of) or you didn’t have the staff back then to develop them the right way.

I believe part of the reason the Eagles fired Doug and wanted to start of fresh and new was because the former staff wasn’t able to develop talent and didn’t use them correctly.

Hence the hiring of Sirianni, Gannon, Johnson and Co who are suppossed to be good at developing young talent.

I agree 100 percent they couldn't develop talent or scheme guys open. 

I disagree with Chase being a force because of the players we have. JJAW is a bust until he mans up, lack of speed and heart are not a good combo. Fulgham may or may not end up being a true option for us. I'd love for him to become one because his story is amazing but it's still unlikely. Watkins and Hightower are Pinkston esque. They're nice depth guys but not guys I want starting. Reagor is the only true starter I see on the team with the possibility of Fulgham and Ward. 

Now im fine with not taking chase. Personally I'd take him if he's available because if a Hurts sucks we will be picking high again anyway. But there's an argument to be made for solidifying other positions as well. I just don't like the argument that Chase is a forced pick. 

50 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I disagree with Chase being a force because of the players we have. JJAW is a bust until he mans up, lack of speed and heart are not a good combo. Fulgham may or may not end up being a true option for us. I'd love for him to become one because his story is amazing but it's still unlikely. Watkins and Hightower are Pinkston esque. They're nice depth guys but not guys I want starting. Reagor is the only true starter I see on the team with the possibility of Fulgham and Ward. 

We went in to last year with concerns over the WR position and those concerns were realised. We did the same to some extent the year before and this year as things stand look even worse. Now sure perhaps these coaches can help develop the WRs we have and scheme to their strengths but as things stand it is still a major positional issue.

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

I agree 100 percent they couldn't develop talent or scheme guys open. 

Now im fine with not taking chase. Personally I'd take him if he's available because if a Hurts sucks we will be picking high again anyway. But there's an argument to be made for solidifying other positions as well. I just don't like the argument that Chase is a forced pick. 

I didn’t start the "forced” debate and as you well know Chase is the guy I want at 6. I’m still on the bandwagon...

What I’ve drawn up here is not what I envision them to do but just a scenario that could become reality if they subtract from their DL to get under the cap and financially healthier. That’s it...

Sure is food for thought  - some of it taste good and some gives me indigestion.

I like the trades and agree they payback is realistic. 

The guys you are keeping are spot on and I'd actually resign Curry if he'd play for somewhere near the minimum.

I don't think we get there with the cap even with restructuring Graham and trading Barnett so I think your free agent pick ups are a no go. 

I really don't know why you took a defensive tackle so high - we still have 2 quality starters and fairly good rotational guys. Even though I get your thoughts about wide receivers I'd still take one in the 2nd. 

Love the Campbell, Meinerz, and Sterns picks but I'd move the TE up a round and shoot for Bushman from BYU.

Don't really like Hill, I want a big guy for short yardage. How about one of the Ohio State guys?

Thanks for the read - interesting and thought provoking. 

BTW - Is UKEagle your brother-in-law. LOL

38 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

Sure is food for thought  - some of it taste good and some gives me indigestion.

I like the trades and agree they payback is realistic. 

The guys you are keeping are spot on and I'd actually resign Curry if he'd play for somewhere near the minimum.

I don't think we get there with the cap even with restructuring Graham and trading Barnett so I think your free agent pick ups are a no go. 

I really don't know why you took a defensive tackle so high - we still have 2 quality starters and fairly good rotational guys. Even though I get your thoughts about wide receivers I'd still take one in the 2nd. 

Love the Campbell, Meinerz, and Sterns picks but I'd move the TE up a round and shoot for Bushman from BYU.

Don't really like Hill, I want a big guy for short yardage. How about one of the Ohio State guys?

Thanks for the read - interesting and thought provoking. 

BTW - Is UKEagle your brother-in-law. LOL

LOL UkEagle is a good friend of mine around here but if my sister would let him, he could be my brother in law. 😂

Thanks for the feedback! It’s going to be very interesting to next two months!

3 hours ago, RUEagle said:

crap returns for Ertz and Barnett.  
Absolutely not to curing Cox.  

Indeed! Can’t see the Eagles getting substantially more though.

As for Cox, either you keep him on a restructured deal or cut/trade him post june 01. The feeling here is that they’ll keep him and entertain trade offers at/around the trade deadline.

Can’t keep a 30+ year old DT with a cap hit that balloons to 22+ million in ‘22 and ‘23 who’ll be entering the twilight of his career relatively soon on a rebuilding team unless you lower his cap hit IMO.

Something’s gotta give if they want to get under the cap. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 8:03 PM, Ray75 said:

As for Cox, either you keep him on a restructured deal or cut/trade him post june 01. The feeling here is that they’ll keep him and entertain trade offers at/around the trade deadline.

I think the time is right for the Eagles to trade Cox if they can. I think he holds value for a team who think an elite DT can really make a difference. I think for a third it would be a wise move. 

1 hour ago, RealBallHawk20 said:

If we trade back im going to be pissed.. Kyle Pitts is who i want at 6

Welcome back!

No worries! You know me by now. Just a trade down scenario, nothing more. I want Chase or Pitts at 6, period!

• PHI
    Ja'Marr Chase
    WR LSU

• PHI
    Trevon Moehrig
    S TCU

• PHI
    Jabril Cox
    LB LSU

• PHI
    Jevon Holland
    S Oregon

• PHI
    Paulson Adebo
    CB Stanford

• PHI
    Camryn Bynum
    CB California
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Jermar Jefferson
    RB Oregon State
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Derrick Barnes
    LB Purdue
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Justin Hilliard
    LB Ohio State

• PHI
    Noah Gray
    TE Duke
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Shane Buechele
    QB SMU

• PHI
    Malik Herring
    EDGE Georgia
    trade icon
  • Like 1

i was with you until the draft. Firstly the return for the 6th pick was disappointing, trade chart be damned (if you used that), a 2nd and some 4ths aint enough to get #6. even with us getting #15 back. then the draft itself... meh, nothing excited me, i feel like after a yr with that draft the narrative will still be that Roseman is incapable of adding young star talent even with one being dropped in his lap at his original draft spot (#6). I know it goes against what you're point was, but if you had put Waddle at #15 instead id probably have a different feeling or one of the CBs.

I do however share your thought that Siri could potentially work with these WRs , it'd be nice to have some real WR developers for once if so. Id add that i hope Gannon could work wonders with our CBs as well given how revived Rhodes and Ya-Sin has been solid tho not spectacular, Moore was kinda rough analytically but did get turnovers at least.

I think they do this next year. This year, I see Howie staying put. 

On 2/26/2021 at 11:25 PM, RealBallHawk20 said:

If we trade back im going to be pissed.. Kyle Pitts is who i want at 6

Do you think they could trade back to 9 and still get pitts?

38 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

Do you think they could trade back to 9 and still get pitts?

If you were to ask me; no, I don’t! I think you have a better shot that Smith and/or Waddle are there than Pitts. 

There's a rb that might be a late round steal or udfa steal that we should take a flyer on, Caleb Huntley. He's big (6'2" 231 lbs.), deceptively fast. I feel he could be thunder to Miles Sanders' lightning. 

On 2/27/2021 at 12:33 PM, Greenakers2 said:
  • PHI
    Ja'Marr Chase
    WR LSU

• PHI
    Trevon Moehrig
    S TCU

• PHI
    Jabril Cox
    LB LSU

• PHI
    Jevon Holland
    S Oregon

• PHI
    Paulson Adebo
    CB Stanford

• PHI
    Camryn Bynum
    CB California
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Jermar Jefferson
    RB Oregon State
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Derrick Barnes
    LB Purdue
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Justin Hilliard
    LB Ohio State

• PHI
    Noah Gray
    TE Duke
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Shane Buechele
    QB SMU

• PHI
    Malik Herring
    EDGE Georgia
    trade icon

I don't know if you're trolling or just over doing it. But this is the kind of draft we need. My only tweak would be that we do the trade with cincinnati for the 5th pick and a 5th rounder for ertz and the 6th pick. Then pick an offensive lineman with that 5th round pick.

Trolling?   Machine offered trade back opportunities.  I took them after 2nd round and stayed true to my board based on the availabilities.