Post Malone's Nirvana Livestream

iladelphxx

https://youtu.be/f7eaGcIyhPU

I don't really listen to him at all, but this was pretty freaking good. 

Travis Barker on drums. (I couldn't tell who the others were) 

• Like 1

I’m not a post Malone "fan”, but am familiar with his stuff and enjoy certain songs. That being said, a lot of entertainers (regardless of what the specialize in) are wildly talented and most people only see them in one specific field which can easily limit their perspectives on someone’s abilities or capabilities. 

• Like 3

Damn, he's pretty good.  I love Nirvana.  This is the only time I've ever seen Post Malone's face and haven't wanted to smash it with a brick.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Does Travis always wear the same black knit cap because that is his thing or to cover up the accident scars?

I love how he is just goofing around then just goes right into " Breed" then Barker just absolutely lights up.the drums. I've must of watched the beginning of that 50 times. I don't even like Nirvana or post Malone. 

13 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Well frickin done. Had no idea that Post Malone could guitar like that.

I'm more impressed he stayed in tune singing. To be fair, there isn't any Nirvana song that has more than 4 chords in it, and 90% of the time they are power chords.

That was uber enjoyable...Watched it a few times over.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

My only gripe with the whole thing is his weird vibrato - he sounds like Woody Woodpecker

I think he added his own little flair to it. I didn't mind it or maybe he had to do that cause he couldn't hold the note. 

Either way I don't like either one of them and I enjoyed it. The internet is just freaking brutal some people on YouTube are bashing the sheet out of it. 

It's a freaking rapper with a band that are all in separate rooms in a house doing this for charity and people are upset that he doesn't sound exactly like Kurt Cobain. No sheet because he's not and he just wanted to do something fun and beneficial while in quarintine. 

• Like 3

Don't take my post as bashing it - I loved it.  I've watched it twice.  I was simply saying his vibrato is annoying to me :lol: He does it one some of his rap/pop songs as well, it wasn't exclusive to this performance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

wow...i forgot how lame & overrated nirvana was.  :sleep:

Beat it, Vanilla Ice

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Don't take my post as bashing it - I loved it.  I've watched it twice.  I was simply saying his vibrato is annoying to me :lol: He does it one some of his rap/pop songs as well, it wasn't exclusive to this performance.

I know lol. I was just venting on the comments I seen on YouTube lol. 

I was comparing some of them to the actual Nirvana songs it does sound like they had a hint of it in some of the verses. I could be hearing it wrong but, even if there is some it's not as strong as malones version of it lol

I think he should make a rock album, honestly.  He's got a pretty decent rock voice - he even said it was the first time he didn't use autotune

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

wow...i forgot how lame & overrated nirvana was.  :sleep:

I'm not really a fan. A few songs I like but, definitely not a cult follower like some of their fans lol. I just enjoyed a performer from a different genre that you usually would expect it from did a decent job with it. 

Just now, mikemack8 said:

I think he should make a rock album, honestly.  He's got a pretty decent rock voice - he even said it was the first time he didn't use autotune

I'm not sure why some artist even use autotune it makes it sound cheap and like you don't have talent. Tpain made that sheet famous and turns out the dude has legit singing skills without it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not really a fan. A few songs I like but, definitely not a cult follower like some of their fans lol. I just enjoyed a performer from a different genre that you usually would expect it from did a decent job with it. 

Ignore him, he's just being a peckerhead.  His favorite band is Evanescence - he doesn't know what good rock music sounds like 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1