Eagles Receive 2 Compensatory Picks in 2021 NFL Draft

time2rock

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

It's a shame Wanogho and Bradley didn't get a chance to stick around.  Not that I think they are "hidden gems" but would have been nice to see if they could develop into depth pieces.    

I thought the same, especially Prince.  I'll take any O lineman with potential and keep him under Stoutland to develop.  If he decides it's not going to work out then cut.  The way injuries happen to this O line especially.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I thought the same, especially Prince.  I'll take any O lineman with potential and keep him under Stoutland to develop.  If he decides it's not going to work out then cut.  The way injuries happen to this O line especially.

He was rated fairly decently last year.  If not for an injury he was projected to be a mid round pick.  I thought he could have developed into a reserve swing tackle for us.  Bummer never got to find out.  

6 hours ago, Perforator said:

Are we still a quarterback factory?

Silly question.     Of course, and The Gold Standard as well.      Everyone knows that.

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

If Howie were a real genius he would trade them both for another team's 5th.  Then trade both 5ths for another team's 4th.  Then trade both 4ths for a 3rd...all the way up to trading two 2nds for a 1st round pick.  #madden

And then take a kid who missed the last two seasons with assorted injuries but killed the combine, that no one else had any higher than a 3rd.

Does anyone else find it surreal that we (well, some of us) have talked like this about Roseman's drafting for five years, and yet Lurie still leaves him in charge, even after a housecleaning?        Its like the f***king Twilight Zone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjkvol said:

And then take a kid who missed the last two seasons with assorted injuries but killed the combine, that no one else had any higher than a 3rd.

Does anyone else find it surreal that we (well, some of us) have talked like this about Roseman's drafting for five years, and yet Lurie still leaves him in charge, even after a housecleaning?        Its like the f***king Twilight Zone. 

Right.  I loved the PC when Lurie explained firing Doug.  The reporters asked more questions about why Howie still has a job.  :lol:  Even announcers during games this year were calling out Howie's bad drafting.

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

It's a shame Wanogho and Bradley didn't get a chance to stick around.  Not that I think they are "hidden gems" but would have been nice to see if they could develop into depth pieces.    

Bradley is gone?

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

My theory is that in the early rounds Howie knows the "names" better and wants to make a splash.  Once you get to the later rounds he has no idea and just goes with who the coaches and scouts ask for.  Or, like last year he went with "who has all the SPEEEEED?"

Once in the 7th round he doesn't care so the coaches push to get guys like the list below.  Mailata, Mills both starters and Beau Allen was a good backup (should have kept him and made him starter).

7th round.PNG

That is one hell of a theory that I completely agree with. I would say anything past the 5th is when he starts getting lost and needs help

26 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Bradley is gone?

Oh F ... was thinking Toohill and typed Bradley. Complete disconnect moment between brain and fingers.  Toohill is now a member of the WFT.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NOTW said:

Howie's 6th round history for reference. 

Screenshot_20210310-221005_Chrome.jpg

My personal opinion has Quez Watkins being our best WR.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Oh F ... was thinking Toohill and typed Bradley. Complete disconnect moment between brain and fingers.  Toohill is now a member of the WFT.  

All good, i was in shock for a minute after continuing to count on another mediocre linebacker in my mental depth chart.

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2021 at 11:11 PM, NOTW said:

So you're saying he hits on 6th rounders 3% of the time.. 100% of the time..

• Haha 1

I assume most teams picks in the 6th round are about the same as Howie's. 

On 3/11/2021 at 6:20 PM, NOTW said:

Right.  I loved the PC when Lurie explained firing Doug.  The reporters asked more questions about why Howie still has a job.  :lol:  Even announcers during games this year were calling out Howie's bad drafting.

It's as if he's a family member and just can't be fired.       It's gotten so obvious  to everyone but the national media, who still appear to be believe the "Executive of the Year" idiocy.           How many more bad drafts will it take, or is this just the way it will always be?          I'm thinking the latter.

On 3/10/2021 at 11:11 PM, NOTW said:

Huh. Looks just like the other rounds. 

On 3/11/2021 at 9:51 AM, time2rock said:

Are we still a gold standard?

Is this still the new norm? 

44 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Sadly, I can see this team being bad or mediocre being the new norm. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

lol at those guys with their stupid quotes.  Is has become painfully obvious that brief window of ultimate success was nothing more than a fluke.  I hate that the people we have at the top of this organization experience an ounce of success and then can’t stop smelling themselves.  A bunch of clowns at the very top that starts with the owner.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

51kn2t.jpg

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, NOTW said:

51kn2t.jpg

They have to be all running QBs!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

lol at those guys with their stupid quotes.  Is has become painfully obvious that brief window of ultimate success was nothing more than a fluke.  I hate that the people we have at the top of this organization experience an ounce of success and then can’t stop smelling themselves.  A bunch of clowns at the very top that starts with the owner.  

I asked that question after the super bowl. Did we win a super bowl to soon and now they don't know how to handle it? It appears so

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I asked that question after the super bowl. Did we win a super bowl to soon and now they don't know how to handle it? It appears so

they're like a person who won the lottery and didn't know how to handle money and went broke  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NOTW said:

they're like a person who won the lottery and didn't know how to handle money and went broke  

Actually that's a perfect analogy

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Actually that's a perfect analogy

Indeed.