Eagles Receive 2 Compensatory Picks in 2021 NFL Draft

time2rock

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Howie's 6th round history for reference. 

Screenshot_20210310-221005_Chrome.jpg

Sooo no one

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

He'd make better use of those picks to use to move up in earlier rounds if they are targeting a certain player.  Then again, the hit rate on his his earlier round picks isn't much  better.  :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

Well I mean you don’t typically find decent players that late. I still have hope that Quez will turn out to be an ok depth receiver. 

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

Well I mean you don’t typically find decent players that late. I still have hope that Quez will turn out to be an ok depth receiver. 

Yeah I think Watkins has a shot as a #3-5 receiver, he had a couple of decent games the end of last year, not Earth shattering but promising. Qualls is still trying to make it in the NFL I think, I'm sure I read he was trying out for teams last year.

Pryor is a guy they've kept around for 3 years which suggests they think he has something but I don't know what it is after last season.

1 hour ago, NVeagle said:

Is Howie fired yet?

Asking for a friend....:ph34r:

By "friend" you mean every Eagles fan?  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, paco said:

Trade them for 2022 6th rounders

Trade 2 6 rounders for a really high 7th round pick!! 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, paco said:

Trade them for 2022 6th rounders

If Howie were a real genius he would trade them both for another team's 5th.  Then trade both 5ths for another team's 4th.  Then trade both 4ths for a 3rd...all the way up to trading two 2nds for a 1st round pick.  #madden

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

If Howie were a real genius he would trade them both for another team's 5th.  Then trade both 5ths for another team's 4th.  Then trade both 4ths for a 3rd...all the way up to trading two 2nds for a 1st round pick.  #madden

One problem.  We don't have a 2021 4th rounder

Debbie_Downer.PNG

57 minutes ago, Perforator said:

Are we still a quarterback factory?

Are we still a gold standard?

29 minutes ago, NOTW said:

And if you were a genius you would know that the hidden gems are in the later rounds! 

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

Is this "the new norm". 

Meet the New Boss, same as the old Boss.

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

And if you were a genius you would know that the hidden gems are in the later rounds! 

Too bad Howie’s hidden gem detector is broken. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

He seems to do better with undrafted and 7th round. Not like real good but better then the second round lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

21 minutes ago, time2rock said:

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

18 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He seems to do better with undrafted and 7th round. Not like real good but better then the second round lol

My theory is that in the early rounds Howie knows the "names" better and wants to make a splash.  Once you get to the later rounds he has no idea and just goes with who the coaches and scouts ask for.  Or, like last year he went with "who has all the SPEEEEED?"

Once in the 7th round he doesn't care so the coaches push to get guys like the list below.  Mailata, Mills both starters and Beau Allen was a good backup (should have kept him and made him starter).

7th round.PNG

12 minutes ago, NOTW said:

My theory is that in the early rounds Howie knows the "names" better and wants to make a splash.  Once you get to the later rounds he has no idea and just goes with who the coaches and scouts ask for.  Or, like last year he went with "who has all the SPEEEEED?"

Once in the 7th round he doesn't care so the coaches push to get guys like the list below.  Mailata, Mills both starters and Beau Allen was a good backup (should have kept him and made him starter).

7th round.PNG

Poyer has been a top drawer starter in Buffalo the last 4 years too, like people being genuinely surprised he didn't make pro bowl level.

14 hours ago, NOTW said:

It's a shame Wanogho and Bradley didn't get a chance to stick around.  Not that I think they are "hidden gems" but would have been nice to see if they could develop into depth pieces.