Pre FA Mock (03-12-2021)

Ray75

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I like it. I like the IOL picks, Rodarius and Gillespie. I do not like double dipping on wideouts. We have enough late round developmental guys on the roster already at WR. I also hate Costello. I’d much rather Buechele from SMU there. Over Schwartz I’d rather see a double dip on CB or S. 

Well I’m already way off in the FA departement. What they’ll do with Barnett and in that 2nd and 3rd wave of FA will give us more clues. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Well I’m already way off in the FA departement. What they’ll do with Barnett and in that 2nd and 3rd wave of FA will give us more clues. 

I think Barnett is staying bud. I think they've made moves to get under the cap without having to do anything with him. I think they'll re-enter conversations with him during the season. 

Ray - where are we getting the money for those free agents?

3 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

Ray - where are we getting the money for those free agents?

Ahhh Rob. You worry to much about the cap. Once you’re under it you can do whatever you want and sign however you want to as long as you can fit their contracts right in and they won’t get you in trouble for the next deadline in march 2022.

Some guys sign one year prove it deals, others you offer a longterm deal with a relatively small hit in the first year. You’re not signing someone like Hooker or Kazee to a multi year contract coming of injury. Walker won’t break the bank etc, etc.

The problem is that they kicked the can down the road on a couple of vet contracts and you have to take that in regard once you negotiate with a FA you want to give a longterm deal.

6 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Ahhh Rob. You worry to much about the cap. Once you’re under it you can do whatever you want and sign however you want to as long as you can fit their contracts right in and they won’t get you in trouble for the next deadline in march 2022.

Some guys sign one year prove it deals, others you offer a longterm deal with a relatively small hit in the first year. You’re not signing someone like Hooker or Kazee to a multi year contract coming of injury. Walker won’t break the bank etc, etc.

The problem is that they kicked the can down the road on a couple of vet contracts and you have to take that in regard once you negotiate with a FA you want to give a longterm deal.

Sorry Ray, but that's not really an answer. We still don't even have the $'s to sign out draft picks. I like the guys you targeted, but at this point I don't think we have the wherewithal to make it happen. Maybe if something happens with Ertz and/or Barnett today all will be right in the Eagles world. 

15 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Sorry Ray, but that's not really an answer. We still don't even have the $'s to sign out draft picks. I like the guys you targeted, but at this point I don't think we have the wherewithal to make it happen. Maybe if something happens with Ertz and/or Barnett today all will be right in the Eagles world. 

That the definitive answer, my friend!

The cap will likely go up next year and if we can get Covid-19 under control and allow people in the stands, it might even be upwards of 200 million.

Take into account we won’t have to pay CW, Ertz, BG less etc, we’re talking about 30+ million more in cap space alone. We might even deal Cox at the trade deadline (23 million against the cap).

It’s this year we don’t have enough money, next year might be a totally different story. We’ll sign a few guys, I can guarantee you that.

Just don’t expect a big splash, just under the radar signings, one year prove it deals, a cheap backup QB (Geno Smith, Alex Smith) and maybe one relatively more expensive signing at DB or LB.