Pre FA Mock (03-12-2021)

Ray75

Restructure;

Brandon Graham, Brandon Brooks

New deal;

Derrick Barnett

Trade/cut;

I sincerly hope they can trade Ertz but the clock is ticking. They might have to release him in the upcoming days. 

There was also talk Eagles had conversations about trading Brooks. From a financial perspective it would’ve made sense but that’s of the table now.

Goodwin will be gone too. Eagles are not gonna pay him 4 million.

FA;

Anthony Walker, LB, Indianapolis Colts

Damontae Kazee, S, Atlanta Falcons 

Michael Davis, CB, LAC

Tyrod Taylor, QB, LAC

Draft;

1) JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU;

Pitts or Chase?! Going back and forth on that one but if Chase happens to fall to #6, it’s a no brainer IMO. For that to happen let’s pray Joe Douglas takes a QB, Miami signs Golladay in FA or trades down, Atlanta won’t be tempted to take Julio’s heir and the Bengals don’t address their need at LT in FA and takes Sewell. Otherwise Pitts is my man!

2) Ronnie Perkins, DE, Oklahoma;

Can’t have enough quality pass rushers, even if we keep Barnett. BG isn’t getting any younger and it’s only natural his play will decline in the upcoming two to three years. We need to find answers for the future and what better way to use a 2nd on a quality DE so you won’t have to worry for the forseeable future.

3) Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami;

He’s no Kyle Pitts that’s for sure but he’ll make life easier for Sirianni and his offense nonetheless.

3) Tyree Gillespie, S, Missouri;

Can’t rely on Kazee (or Hooker for that matter) and McCleod coming back from injury to be the longterm answer. We need depth and kids Gannon can develop.

5) Rodarius Williams, CB, Oklahoma St;

For some reason His stock has taken a hit lately. Nice backup to have on the roster and maybe Gannon and Co can get the most out of him.

5) Kendrick Green, OG, Illinois;

Another guy who’s stock somehow is slipping. Borderline 3rd or 4th rounder but the buzz has slowed down lately. Would be a steal in the 5th though.

6) Jimmy Morrissey, OC, Pitt;

We need depth along the OL. Let’s see what Stoutman can do with this kid.

6) Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn;

The Schwartz is back! 

6) KJ Costello, QB, Mississippi State;

QB factory, baby!!!

7) Lorenzo Neal, DT, Purdue;

Depth at DT.

Yes, your eyes didn’t deceive you! I didn’t draft a single LB or RB. Singleton.and Edwards showed promise and Taylor and Bradley were rookies. The addition of a veteran like Walker will only accelerate that process. 

If the Eagles want a change of pace RB, it won’t be hard to sign one or two UDFA’s IMO.

So there you have it...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Restructure;

Brandon Graham, Lane Johnson 

New deal;

Derrick Barnett

Trade/cut;

I sincerly hope they can trade Ertz but the clock is ticking. They might have to release him in the upcoming days. 

There was also talk Eagles had conversations about trading Brooks. From a financial perspective it makes sense but there’s not a lot of time left to get that one done.

Goodwin will be gone too. Eagles are not gonna pay him 4 million.

FA;

Anthony Walker, LB, Indianapolis Colts

Damontae Kazee, S, Atlanta Falcons 

Michael Davis, CB, LAC

Tyrod Taylor, QB, LAC

Draft;

1) JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU;

Pitts or Chase?! Going back and forth on that one but if Chase happens to fall to #6, it’s a no brainer IMO. For that to happen let’s pray Joe Douglas takes a QB, Miami signs Golladay in FA or trades down, Atlanta won’t be tempted to take Julio’s heir and the Bengals don’t address their need at LT in FA and takes Sewell.

2) Ronnie Perkins, DE, Oklahoma;

Can’t have enough quality pass rushers, even if we keep Barnett.

3) Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami;

He’s no Kyle Pitts that’s for sure but he’ll make life easier for Sirianni and his offense nonetheless.

3) Tyree Gillespie, S, Missouri;

Can’t rely on Kazee (or Hooker for that matter) coming back from injury to be the longterm answer. We need depth and kids Gannon can develop.

5) Rodarius Williams, CB, Oklahoma St;

For some reason His stock has taken a hit lately. Nice backup to have on the roster and maybe Gannon and Co can get the most out of him.

5) Kendrick Green, OG, Illinois;

Another guy who’s stock somehow is slipping. Borderline 3rd or 4th rounder but the buzz has slowed down lately. Would be a steal in the 5th though.

6) Jimmy Morrissey, OC, Pitt;

We need depth along the OL. Let’s see what Stoutman can do with this kid.

6) Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn;

The Schwartz is back! 

6) KJ Costello, QB, Mississippi State;

QB factory, baby!!!

7) Lorenzo Neal, DT, Purdue;

Depth at DT.

Yes, your eyes didn’t deceive you! I didn’t draft a single LB or RB. Singleton and Edwards showed promise and the addition of veteran like Walker will only accelerate that process. If the Eagles want a change of pace RB, it won’t be hard to sign one or two UDFA’s IMO.

So there you have it...

This is probably typical of what would happen. I do hate it. There is so much more they could do. Oh well.

8 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

This is probably typical of what would happen. I do hate it. There is so much more they could do. Oh well.

I’m not here to make everyone happy. I just try to present new scenarios everytime I do a mock. Opinions and debate are what we’re here for but tell me what’s here to hate?! I get it that you don’t like every move but to say you hate it is a bit shortsighted and extreme to me...

I would rather double dipp on the safety position in the first three rounds or pick up a quality lber somewhere before the 6th round. If we stick with the no lber route, we are known for safeties so can we do that?

Any draft without Pitts disappoints me. Less redundant value with Pitts (young WR talent with great WR coach committee development), especially in 2022 and beyond.

25 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

I would rather double dipp on the safety position in the first three rounds or pick up a quality lber somewhere before the 6th round. If we stick with the no lber route, we are known for safeties so can we do that?

Let me explain what I was trying to do, what scenario I had in mind.

Our LB’s are young and in-experienced agreed?! We have a LB coach who’s about the same age as Singleton. Still with me?! I love some of the LB’s we could get in that 2nd to 3rd round range. Boldin, Surratt, Davis, McGrone, Browning and Cox to name a few but they’re rookies and won’t help our coach in the experience department. We also need guys to help Gannon transition the defense. Guys like Hooker (left him out on purpose because I used him already in a couple of my mocks), Rhodes and Walker fit the bill.

You and I both know the Eagles somewhat devalue both the safety and LB position. Gannon might hopefully somewhat change that philosophy. Hence the Walker signing.

You and I know they love to draft pass rushers and with BG aging, Barnett okay but not living up and Sweat entering the last year of his rookie deal, the value was there in the 2nd with Perkins.

Remember it’ll take a couple of years to rebuild this roster. If Hurts turns out to be the future, we likely have not one but two first rounders to address some holes next year. Safety could be one of them... 

16 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

Any draft without Pitts disappoints me. Less redundant value with Pitts (young WR talent with great WR coach committee development), especially in 2022 and beyond.

Serious??

I already did not one but two mocks in which I took Pitts. Had him going to the Eagles two months ago when multiple guys around here didn’t even have him on their radar... Haven’t seen you reacting to it so you probably jumped on the Pitts bandwagon recently.

4 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

What do you think about jeremiah k from N. Dame in the second?

The LB?! Love him but my guess is he won’t make it out of the first round.

Just now, Ray75 said:

The LB?! Love him but my guess is he won’t make it out of the first round.

Yes. So you think 3 lbers go in the first? Do you think trading both 3rds would be enough to go up and get him?

I haven't really looked at alot of prospects. But man we need a 76ers process guru to hit this out of the park. I don't wanna start really bending my mind on this. But man a really savvy gm would crush this draft.

1 minute ago, Right4thePicking said:

Yes. So you think 3 lbers go in the first? Do you think trading both 3rds would be enough to go up and get him?

I think Parsons, Collins and Owusu-Koramoah (what a name) will go in the first. If one’s there late 1st, you might only have to give up one of your 3rd’s.

5 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

I think Parsons, Collins and Owusu-Koramoah (what a name) will go in the first. If one’s there late 1st, you might only have to give up one of your 3rd’s.

A name like that spells pro-bowler. I gotta put on a blind fold. Because I know Howie will mess this up.

14 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

A name like that spells pro-bowler. I gotta put on a blind fold. Because I know Howie will mess this up.

Ha...thought that too when Manti Te’o came out. Never lived up to the hype...

1 minute ago, Ray75 said:

Ha...thought that too when Manti Te’o came out. Never lived up to the hype...

Yep. But with all the hype chazz gets in this draft, jeremiah is everything chazz is with more instinct, can actually hit, and plays with aggression.

Just now, Right4thePicking said:

Yep. But with all the hype chazz gets in this draft, jeremiah is everything chazz is with more instinct, can actually hit, and plays with aggression.

Surratt is pretty new to the position. Needs a lot of development! 3rd rounder IMO.

Apples and oranges, bro! JOK is more pro ready and reminds me of those Tampa Bay LB’s (White and David).

5 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Serious??

I already did not one but two mocks in which I took Pitts. Had him going to the Eagles two months ago when multiple guys around here didn’t even have him on their radar... Haven’t seen you reacting to it so you probably jumped on the Pitts bandwagon recently.

I saw it, I just need constant emotional reinforcement in my life, like a dog needing treats

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

I saw it, I just need constant emotional reinforcement in my life, like a dog needing treats

LOL

But what will happen to you if they don’t take Pitts? Worst nightmare; he ends up in NY or Dallas... OMG

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

LOL

But what will happen to you if they don’t take Pitts? Worst nightmare; he ends up in NY or Dallas... OMG

It means we keep Ertz or a pass catching TE for cheap and go more outside threat. We would have to keep up on offense if we can't stop on defense. The good news is the major driver of both offenses is RB and they'll start slowing down in a few.

But I'm cautiously optimistic that Howie picks the easy answer of 2 when provided 1 + 1.

On 3/12/2021 at 6:02 AM, Right4thePicking said:

What do you think about jeremiah k from N. Dame in the second?

I've watched more of Wu than anyone ever should and just sent him to the Broncos 9th overall in my first 32 team mock. 

@Ray75

I don't see anything to hate. I don't think Chase would be taken over Pitts ever, but Chase would be an outstanding pick. 

If Oklahoma used Ronnie Perkins right there's a chance he's a Top 15 pick. He's an animal. It's funny, I did a 32 team mock today and was toying with adding picks for the Eagles and posting it and he was my 2nd rounder as well. That'd be nice. 

Tyree Gillespie is a damned fine player. 2nd round grade on him here. 

Williams is a nice corner. 

I don't think there is a chance in blue hell that KJ Costello even gets rostered after seeing as much tape on that team as I have, but somehow if he does, I'd be first in line to boo the hell out of the Eagles. In fact, if they gave him $1 to play I'd be mad. 😂

I can't make it through a mock without LB. That's my problem. Just tried again and had to pick between LB and a CB I really wanted. I need to deep dive on the positions. 

• Thanks 1

I like it. I don't love it. 

But hey I know you bud and I know you like to put together mocks with your head rather than your heart. 

I actually saw that DJ said if Pitts is there at #6 then they should absolutely take him with no hesitation? Even over Chase. What did you make of that?

I think not adding a RB is a mistake by the way bud. This RB room is pretty dam bad. 

16 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like it. I don't love it. 

But hey I know you bud and I know you like to put together mocks with your head rather than your heart. 

I actually saw that DJ said if Pitts is there at #6 then they should absolutely take him with no hesitation? Even over Chase. What did you make of that?

I think not adding a RB is a mistake by the way bud. This RB room is pretty dam bad. 

Feeling better?!

I get what DJ is saying but it’s still projection. If you believe Pitts is a generational talent and will be as good as or better than Kelce and Kittle, taking him at #6 is a no brainer. You also have to take into account Goedert is entering the last year of his rookie deal and while talented, he still hasn’t put it all together on the field. Injuries plagued him but no matter how you cut it, he’s not overtaken Ertz yet. So yeah, Pitts to the Eagles at #6 makes a lot of sense but...so does Chase. 

Anyway...this is a huge opportunity for this organisation to land an elite talent on offense. I couldn’t care less if it’s Chase or Pitts...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Feeling better?!

I get what DJ is saying but it’s still projection. If you believe Pitts is a generational talent and will be as good as or better than Kelce and Kittle, taking him at #6 is a no brainer. You also have to take into account Goedert is entering the last year of his rookie deal and while talented, he still hasn’t put it all together on the field. Injuries plagued him but no matter how you cut it, he’s not overtaken Ertz yet. So yeah, Pitts to the Eagles at #6 makes a lot of sense but...so does Chase. 

Anyway...this is a huge opportunity for this organisation to land an elite talent on offense. I couldn’t care less if it’s Chase or Pitts...

Yeah feeling better thanks bud. Today is the first day in a week where I've felt back to some kind of normal. 

Oh I agree and hey either one would be great. I think both are going to be really really good players in the NFL. Either could be elite to be honest. 

I like it. I like the IOL picks, Rodarius and Gillespie. I do not like double dipping on wideouts. We have enough late round developmental guys on the roster already at WR. I also hate Costello. I’d much rather Buechele from SMU there. Over Schwartz I’d rather see a double dip on CB or S. 

• Like 2