Eagles Restructure Brandon Brooks Contract

philafan4o8

On 3/14/2021 at 7:30 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

BUt wIThOuT a pAnDEmIc wE'D hAvE bEeN FiNe. 

You are an idiot. 

Yes, we would have.  Yes, we *are*. And guess what?? Astronomical tv deal announced.

Repeat after me: money in future years... Does. Not. Matter.

14 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

You are an idiot. 

Yes, we would have.  Yes, we *are*. And guess what?? Astronomical tv deal announced.

Repeat after me: money in future years... Means.You.Still.Have.Less.Money.To.Spend.Than.Better.Managed.Teams.You.Just.Spread.The.Problem.Over.More.Years.And.Kept.Players.Who.No.Longer.Contribute.Because.You.Can't.Trade.Or.Cut.Them.And.You.Used.The.Word.Scamdemic.To.Describe.An.Event.That.Killed.Half.A.Million.Americans.But.Called.Someone.Else.An.Idiot.That's.Some.Kind.Of.Chutzpah.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

You are an idiot. 

This makes no sense. Every time they restructure a contract, they're reducing how much they can spend in future years regardless of how high the league cap number is.

11 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Repeat after me: money in future years... Means.You.Still.Have.Less.Money.To.Spend.Than.Better.Managed.Teams.You.Just.Spread.The.Problem.Over.More.Years.And.Kept.Players.Who.No.Longer.Contribute.Because.You.Can't.Trade.Or.Cut.Them.And.You.Used.The.Word.Scamdemic.To.Describe.An.Event.That.Killed.Half.A.Million.Americans.But.Called.Someone.Else.An.Idiot.That's.Some.Kind.Of.Chutzpah.

Find me a team without dead cap space.

I'll wait. 

Meanwhile, nursing home deaths STILL remain the leading COVID-related number. 

Do you know the average stay in a nursing home before death?

Four months - and it's shorter for men.

We shove our elderly into ishhy nursing homes, owned by millionaires, operated by undereducated, underpaid STNAs, and then are shocked when a respiratory disease absolutely shreds through that population?

If we held our nursing homes to a hire standard, paid the staff members caring for these people more than 9-12/hour so we had a better pool of candidates, and didn't allow them to regularly have some of the worst health department inspection scores of any industry (yep, even restaurants!), that population would be much better off.

Oh, and fight obesity. 90% of COVID deaths come from countries with obesity/overweight of 50%+.

That or wear two masks for another three years like Fuhrer Fauci says.

2 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

This makes no sense. Every time they restructure a contract, they're reducing how much they can spend in future years regardless of how high the league cap number is.

When, until this COVID-affected year, have the Eagles been unable to sign a top free agent??

They've ALWAYS had dead money.

We used to hear for years about teams in cap hell. Yet, they always make it work.

You want to know something? The guys doing Trump's taxes sat in class with the guys managing the cap.

It's funny how efficient these guys are at finding loopholes.

On 3/19/2021 at 8:01 AM, IFB DOG said:

You want to know something? The guys doing Trump's taxes sat in class with the guys managing the cap.

It's funny how efficient these guys are at finding loopholes.

I wonder if that's why a seat on the House Ways and Means Committee is coveted? "What's this loophole worth to you, Mr. Lobbyist?"