Looking for Old systems to buy

DeathByEagle

We are redoing our video game room and have decided to buy all the old and present video game systems for display. We have a raspberry pi4 4gb retropie to play over 18k games from the old systems, but now looking for some of the real systems for displays. I have a good amount but looking for more. Condition is hte most important part. If it works thats another bonus. Here are some that Im on the hunt for. 

Channel F

Wii U, Virtual Boy, GameCube (Really looking for Orange version)

Sega CD(model 1 and model 2), Sega Genesis (model 2, already have model 1), Sega 32X, Game Gear

Atari Jaguar, 400, 800XL, Linx

Playstation Vita

Neo Geo CD

Philips CDi

Turbo-Grafx-16 and CD

Apple iic

Commodore 64

All Odyssey systems 

Wonderswan

Vectrex

PC Engine Systems

MSX

Intellivision II (Have the original version)

PM if you have anything available with pictures if possible. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking. Have a Nintendo Famicom and Super Famicom(Japanese versions) on the way right now. Here is a quick pick of what I have so far minus what is being shipped and my sons xbox one in his room. 

20210409_191108.thumb.jpg.52d7c804da455487cd0cf526cebc02a2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Still looking. Have a Nintendo Famicom and Super Famicom(Japanese versions) on the way right now. Here is a quick pick of what I have so far minus what is being shipped and my sons xbox one in his room. 

20210409_191108.thumb.jpg.52d7c804da455487cd0cf526cebc02a2.jpg

I'm almost positive I have a gameboy and a gameboy advance in boxes at my parents house. If I ever decide to get off my lazy ass and go dig  through my collection I would gladly sell it to you

Are you collecting just the devices or the different versions of them as well?

Also is the PSP going to be in your collection? I don't see it in the picture or your list

20 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Are you collecting just the devices or the different versions of them as well?

Also is the PSP going to be in your collection? I don't see it in the picture or your list

Starting off with 1 of each. So for example I have a Xbox 360 star wars edition. I wont be looking for a reg or halo version just yet. Maybe once I land all the consoles I can look into adding different versions.  I have a few that I have 2 but only because I was given the extra one for free.

PSP is a option, just didnt think to add it to the list. 

I sold my launch PS3 back in the Fall along with a WiiU (both bought by the same guy). I sold my Vita around the same time and I think I still have a PSP floating around somewhere. 

New arrivals Famicom, Super Famicom(Japanese versions of NES and SNES) and Atari Pong20210414_143450.thumb.jpg.07706c2cd7ff336190e38891f21d6975.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice collection! I just started putting together my own retro game room. Only have the NES, SNES, Genesis and PS1 so far. I’m cheap so I wait until a find a good deal though, so probably be awhile before I have everything I want. For the NES I even got one that wasn’t even working for like $10 and just changed out the 72-pin connector to fix it.

Also have an Atari 2600 on the way from my brother in law. 

• 3 weeks later...

4 new additions to the collection. Nintendo Famcom Disk Drive add on, Original Xbox, Nintendo 3DS, Sega Saturn

20210621_195347[1].jpg

• Like 1

Also added Atari 5200 and 7800

20210622_075909[1].jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 8:13 PM, DeathByEagle said:

4 new additions to the collection. Nintendo Famcom Disk Drive add on, Original Xbox, Nintendo 3DS, Sega Saturn

20210621_195347[1].jpg

I just bought a Sega Dreamcast and Genesis (model 2).  Looking to get a Saturn next.

The Genesis kinda looks bad on the newer TVs so I was looking to get an older CRT TV just for the older systems.

3 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I just bought a Sega Dreamcast and Genesis (model 2).  Looking to get a Saturn next.

The Genesis kinda looks bad on the newer TVs so I was looking to get an older CRT TV just for the older systems.

I picked up a Sega Dreamcast as well since my last update. Along with a Gameboy and Sony PSP.

Id recommend getting a raspberry pi4 for playing any games. Well worth the $250. Mine is a top of the line model with over 18K games. So every single game you can think of on the older systems including computer games. I picked up a 6 pack of controllers that work with that are the older style as well So if im playing a genesis game, i use that controller. NES I used a NES controller. Etc. This also is HDMI so plays and looks good on all the newer TVs. 

That raspberry pi4 I use for any games up to the ps1. Next I will be adding a GDEMU mod to the dreamcast that allows it to play digital downloaded games on a memory stick for newer systems like PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, etc.  

https://www.retrogaminghouse.com/products/retropie-emulation-console-pi-4?variant=32217794412631

3 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I picked up a Sega Dreamcast as well since my last update. Along with a Gameboy and Sony PSP.

Id recommend getting a raspberry pi4 for playing any games. Well worth the $250. Mine is a top of the line model with over 18K games. So every single game you can think of on the older systems including computer games. I picked up a 6 pack of controllers that work with that are the older style as well So if im playing a genesis game, i use that controller. NES I used a NES controller. Etc. This also is HDMI so plays and looks good on all the newer TVs. 

That raspberry pi4 I use for any games up to the ps1. Next I will be adding a GDEMU mod to the dreamcast that allows it to play digital downloaded games on a memory stick for newer systems like PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, etc.  

https://www.retrogaminghouse.com/products/retropie-emulation-console-pi-4?variant=32217794412631

I'll have to look into that....

Myself I got the basic systems, none of the hand held or Atari.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch

PS1, PS2, PS3 OG Fat, PS3 slim, PS4

XB OG, 360, XB1

Genesis, Dreamcast

NES, SNES, Genesis mini

You ever try out those Retron systems?  There is one that plays NES, SNES and Genesis in HD.  Was wondering if it's any good?  I have a Retron 2 that plays NES and SNES and seems to work very good.

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

I'll have to look into that....

Myself I got the basic systems, none of the hand held or Atari.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch

PS1, PS2, PS3 OG Fat, PS3 slim, PS4

XB OG, 360, XB1

Genesis, Dreamcast

NES, SNES, Genesis mini

You ever try out those Retron systems?  There is one that plays NES, SNES and Genesis in HD.  Was wondering if it's any good?  I have a Retron 2 that plays NES and SNES and seems to work very good.

I have not tried any of those retron systems. I went straight for the raspberry pi4 since I dont need to buy the games anymore, with it. It has everyone of them on one scan disk. Its quite amazing how many games it has and how nice it looks on a HDMI TV. This way I can use all my older systems as displays and dont have to swap them in and out and buy actual game cartage which gets pretty pricey. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 3:22 PM, DeathByEagle said:

I have not tried any of those retron systems. I went straight for the raspberry pi4 since I dont need to buy the games anymore, with it. It has everyone of them on one scan disk. Its quite amazing how many games it has and how nice it looks on a HDMI TV. This way I can use all my older systems as displays and dont have to swap them in and out and buy actual game cartage which gets pretty pricey. 

This is sort of the direction I went. Consoles are just collector’s items really. I have an Nvidia Shield TV Pro and run Retroarch to emulate all the games to play. 

I may have my super old 3DO sitting at my parents house somewhere. Ill check for it next time i go over. 

3 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

no Vectrex on that list ? 

If you have one, sure. A few just not on the list yet, like the Channel F

On another note, Picked up a Limited edition Simpsons PSP. Will add pictures of it, Gameboy and Sega Dreamcast(newest additions)

5 hours ago, What The F said:

I may have my super old 3DO sitting at my parents house somewhere. Ill check for it next time i go over. 

Great, it is one I have been on the hunt for. Let me know if you come across it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

no Vectrex on that list ? 

I had one, didn't think it would be worth a time at the time and now I see I can get at least a 1,000 bucks for it

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I had one, didn't think it would be worth a time at the time and now I see I can get at least a 1,000 bucks for it

Tech no. Thais what people list them for but not what the price value is or what they sell for. Ebay and Facebook try to inflate prices all the time but doesn't work. Its worth around 400 on avg unless its mint with box etc which is rare. VGPC is usually a very good site most use to base real pricing based off what they are actually selling for. 

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/vectrex/vectrex-system

3 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Tech no. Thais what people list them for but not what the price value is or what they sell for. Ebay and Facebook try to inflate prices all the time but doesn't work. Its worth around 400 on avg unless its mint with box etc which is rare. VGPC is usually a very good site most use to base real pricing based off what they are actually selling for. 

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/vectrex/vectrex-system

Well either way it's in a dumpster somewhere

now you got me thinking about doing the same. 

82_GCE_Vectrex_General.jpgUSED-Vintage-Parker-Brothers-Merlin-Elec

On 4/16/2021 at 9:02 PM, DeathByEagle said:

Will be custom made built ins 

Have you started it or are you waiting until you get all of the systems you wanted?