Looking for Old systems to buy

DeathByEagle

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Have you started it or are you waiting until you get all of the systems you wanted?

Just been lazy to start it. Systems are building up for sure. over 35 systems now. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Just been lazy to start it. Systems are building up for sure. over 35 systems now. 

35? Awesome. Understandable lol

Upload progress pics when you start

On 7/16/2021 at 5:12 PM, DeathByEagle said:

If you have one, sure. A few just not on the list yet, like the Channel F

On another note, Picked up a Limited edition Simpsons PSP. Will add pictures of it, Gameboy and Sega Dreamcast(newest additions)

Great, it is one I have been on the hunt for. Let me know if you come across it. 

i actually got rid of mine a few years ago. pulled it out of the closet at my parents and there was sound, but no picture. ended up selling the games. 

my parents wouldnt let me use a system on their tv, so i got the vectrex. i actually loved it. some of the classic s they had were really close to the arcade games. asteroids, scramble, star castle were awesome. they also had a really good pole position and a version of pac man that was fun as well a great pinball game. 

30 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i actually got rid of mine a few years ago. pulled it out of the closet at my parents and there was sound, but no picture. ended up selling the games. 

my parents wouldnt let me use a system on their tv, so i got the vectrex. i actually loved it. some of the classic s they had were really close to the arcade games. asteroids, scramble, star castle were awesome. they also had a really good pole position and a version of pac man that was fun as well a great pinball game. 

Clean sweep was the version of pac man. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Clean sweep was the version of pac man. 

Thats the one. 

On 7/19/2021 at 12:28 PM, Gannan said:

I have a Sega CD if you're still looking

Check PM

On 7/19/2021 at 10:36 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

I was shocked when my little big brother bought a vextrex ($5mil in today teenage money) home. Because they use vector graphics (universal) the games are dead on replicas of the arcade. Just wish they had brought over Space Duel.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

I was shocked when my little big brother bought a vextrex ($5mil in today teenage money) home. Because they use vector graphics (universal) the games are dead on replicas of the arcade. Just wish they had brought over Space Duel.

i'm tempted to go find one on ebay. 

10 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i'm tempted to go find one on ebay. 

Ever play on one ? 

• 11 months later...

Currently in my new office build with custom built in's on both sides. Everything was completed with Birch 3/4 inch Plywood with all 1 inch Popular Hardwood for face frames and counters/bench. 

Ill post a few pics in a few mins. Up to roughly high 30's. low 40's for systems. I am having 3d printed stands made to have the systems angle for better viewing. Not going big for tv since this is the office, 43 to 55 inch max. Systems will be on display there until I Actual do the video game room next downstairs. 

Window Side Is pretty much complete with window bench, just need to complete the drawers

Entertainment Side was all the work, installed input selectors on each bookcase (One for current HDMI/USB systems, One for RCA/Coax systems). Ran all conduit piping for wiring etc. Like the window side, I have to complete the drawers. 

Overall still have some drywall work to complete, crown/base and door trim, Paint all areas and finally flooring. Units will be going white, walls will be a light "white" metal (Grey)

20691.jpeg

20692.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2021 at 10:29 AM, Mike030270 said:

So are you doing something like these?

Gaming-Console-Shelving-combo-with-backl?

ddfa865304b13647234b0dcfc2f5c912.jpg

On 4/17/2021 at 11:02 AM, DeathByEagle said:

Will be custom made built ins 

I had my uncle custom build mine for my room about a decade back. I hated the ones in stores since I didn't want a backing to make cable runs easier and added my own custom measurements to insure ventilation. It was also designed to easily add on 

A couple of my consoles need some repairs or power supply issues (N64). They were all up and running for a long a** time.

Resized_20200728_164917_9197.thumb.jpeg.71ace8d549c16344ff428daafb94bdbb.jpeg

This is an old pic. I got a new TV last month so I need to make some adjustments 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Carpet is on order. Still need to built the drawers. Just delivered was custom 3d printed game console stands. Should be setting up systems soon. Need to find a nice new executive desk and leather love seat to go in front of it. Getting close. 

20812.jpeg

20811.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Running out of room already on the system side.

Looks like I'll have to start building my video game room built ins in the basement sooner then later. With the drawers being built on the bottom I have no room for about 12 systems and any others I buy. 

20220820_101702.jpg

20220820_101935.jpg

• Like 1

you should sell some of those systems to afford a larger TV!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

you should sell some of those systems to afford a larger TV!

It was a $900 Samsung, just smaller at 43 inch. I made the built in to fit a larger upgrade if I wanted. Just figured it's a Home Office so good for now.

I have my Sony oled 65" in the family room right next to it. I was thinking about upgrading to the 55" Sony oled for the office but might be overkill for a Home Office.

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

It was a $900 Samsung, just smaller at 43 inch. I made the built in to fit a larger upgrade if I wanted. Just figured it's a Home Office so good for now.

I have my Sony oled 65" in the family room right next to it. I was thinking about upgrading to the 55" Sony oled for the office but might be overkill for a Home Office.

OLEDs are for n00bs. QLEDs where it’s at 

4 hours ago, Agent23 said:

OLEDs are for n00bs. QLEDs where it’s at 

Love my new Sony Oled, much better picture quality then my Qled samsungs. I have 6 samsungs, they are nice but the new sony oled crushes them. 

On 4/10/2021 at 6:19 AM, DeathByEagle said:

Still looking. Have a Nintendo Famicom and Super Famicom(Japanese versions) on the way right now. Here is a quick pick of what I have so far minus what is being shipped and my sons xbox one in his room. 

20210409_191108.thumb.jpg.52d7c804da455487cd0cf526cebc02a2.jpg

love that Coleco! 

i see room on either side of the tv that would fill up that empty space that is making the tv look smaller. make them glass shelves and put your 'favored systems' on them with LED lighting.

i used to be an interior decorator before realizing the union wants you to be queer, you're welcome. 

no intellivision II, vectrex or Coleco Telstar Tank combat systems ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

...intellivision II...

At the time I thought this was the greatest piece of technology in the world

9 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

i see room on either side of the tv that would fill up that empty space that is making the tv look smaller. make them glass shelves and put your 'favored systems' on them with LED lighting.

i used to be an interior decorator before realizing the union wants you to be queer, you're welcome. 

no intellivision II, vectrex or Coleco Telstar Tank combat systems ?

Still adding systems as I find them. However I still have a bunch of systems not on display cause I ran out of room. Will be building built ins in the basement for the video game room and all systems will be displayed there. A good amount are in the office for time being.